It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic mushroom chemical psilocybin could be key to treating depression - studies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by MasterOfNonexistent removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Magic mushrooms are most likely the biblical manna, which is the "food from heaven". This spiritual sustenance allows one to commune with God without the due diligence of perfect piety. Take with extreme caution and reverence to the Most High.

more info

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

So Colleges and Universities can have degree's in Shamanism, in trail blazers/leaders and others who have the ability to help make the best of the process. It's a beautiful thing I just have my doubts as they put the technologies into the hands of insurance companies and big pharma/chemicals.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Yeah, well save the sentiments, this will in no way be anything but lab created, so it will be different. I wish they would simply use the natural ways, but you know they won't.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i think for the benefit of my fellow humans that suffer from depression i will be first in line for the clinical trials

anything i can do to help

all joking aside. i hope they do look into this. depression sucks. if this helps then im all for it

This is a good thread regarding psychotherapy.

'___' is somewhat unique in that there were several trials conducted about the drug's efficacy in that regard, and all records were kept.

Sorry I cannot provide a link, but in the early 80's I read a book about those trials. I have not researched the internet, but the book was very good.

One of the interesting parts was that they did follow-up on all participants some years after the experiments. One of the follow-up questions they asked was if the person considered the '___' experience to have been a net positive effect or a net negative effect in their life.

85% of those answering considered the experience to have been a net positive effect in their life.

On review, the substance was lysergic acid.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Salander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Yeah, well save the sentiments, this will in no way be anything but lab created, so it will be different. I wish they would simply use the natural ways, but you know they won't.

Not to mention that triptans, an entire class of drugs, is based off the chemical formula of psilocybin. Of course the natural product remains illegal because you can't patent it, while the side effects of its synthetic analogs wreak havoc on the mental equilibrium of the patient.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Magic mushrooms are most likely the biblical manna, which is the "food from heaven". This spiritual sustenance allows one to commune with God without the due diligence of perfect piety. Take with extreme caution and reverence to the Most High.

more info

This is true but it doesn't mean you are communing with god when on them. You are just tripping and the feeling your body gets just feels otherworldly so people used to interpret it as a holy experience. In fact, the process of tripping is a reaction to your body fighting off food poisoning which is what magic mushrooms give you when you eat them. So basically eating them just makes you ill. The tripping experience has good mental benefits though.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Magic mushrooms are most likely the biblical manna, which is the "food from heaven".

Manna is the radioactive discharge from a mothership when it zooms off to another dimension. Mushrooms are some differnt.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For the hard core shamanic voyager, hongos are like a morning cup of tea, however there are keys that throw the doors to Chapel Perilous wide open. Wide enough to explore the reptilian primitive mind we all posses. I't not pretty and not for the faint of heart. imo you can't see the light without the darkness.

If you decide to walk the path of the sorcerer be armed with the shield of knowledge and the sword of faith, otherwise just stick with the "party" diversions and stay totally away from the "God Particles"; there are many casualties!!

edit on 9-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well I'm not saying it is food poisoning in a way that it is actually bad for you. The body just processes the chemical like you are poisoned. Keep in mind that I honestly think that mushrooms and psilocybin are beneficial drugs.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Good points if true

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Terms and Conditions

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

Since you ALL agreed and can not seem to abide..

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join