It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic mushroom chemical psilocybin could be key to treating depression - studies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Could you explain more about 5th dimension

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Having experienced a few come downs after taking mushrooms as a kid, I'm not sure how the paranoia and depression that always accompanied them would help...

Generally speaking, psylocybe mushrooms do not cause any comedown. Rather, they end with an after glow which is actually quite gentle and pleasant.

It is the stimulant drugs that flood the brain with dopamine that cause a come down.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I've had magic mushrooms several times. One of the most life-changing experience a human can ask for. And yes, I do believe that they offer a way to communicate with extra-terrestrials. These vastly ancient, sentient, self replicating, biological, matrix tearing interfaces grow for a reason. Within 5 years, they will be legal to purchase just like alcohol. And then the world will become 100% better overnight. Nature or happiness should never be illegal. If anything, plants should ban humans.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Having experienced a few come downs after taking mushrooms as a kid, I'm not sure how the paranoia and depression that always accompanied them would help...

Generally speaking, psylocybe mushrooms do not cause any comedown. Rather, they end with an after glow which is actually quite gentle and pleasant.

It is the stimulant drugs that flood the brain with dopamine that cause a come down.

We are talking about the little ones, shaped kind of like a nipple on a long, stringy stalk that grow naturally in the UK aren't we?
Every single time I took them they came with a down and every one I know who took them experienced the same thing.
It wasn't a mega down but it certainly wasn't the best thing ever.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Just like Pot, every person reacts differently to them.

Your personal mental status, your current state of mind, whether you are anxious or worried about something, whether you are fearful before taking it, if you have any previous cases of mental illness etc etc.

With the majority of people if they're hopeful and in a good mind set and are having hope for the coming treatment of psilocybin and are aware of what to expect, the outcome will have a very good shot at being very well accepted and relaxing, and the dosage is very key/ weight, height, diet etc.

Personally with me, the last time I did it, it was a low-mid dosage (3 larger sized mushies), I had Attenborough on TV, and 2 hours after taking it the colors in the tv became extremely vibrant, colorful and clear, and I could NOT stop laughing at the hippos that were on the TV, it was extremely relaxing except for my jaw muscles from laughing so hard.

However the first time I took them, it was a larger dosage, some crappy things happened before it, I HATE the taste or smell of any mushroom or fungus so I gagged and chocked them down, and then hell set in and put me off from ever trying them again for over a decade until the Hippo fun time.

It is all variable.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Some are blinded by the light, others are invited into it. Many cannot handle their own darkness when the veil is lifted.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Your personal mental status, your current state of mind, whether you are anxious or worried about something, whether you are fearful before taking it, if you have any previous cases of mental illness etc etc.

With the majority of people if they're hopeful and in a good mind set and are having hope for the coming treatment of psilocybin and are aware of what to expect, the outcome will have a very good shot at being very well accepted and relaxing, and the dosage is very key/ weight, height, diet etc.

Personally with me, the last time I did it, it was a low-mid dosage (3 larger sized mushies), I had Attenborough on TV, and 2 hours after taking it the colors in the tv became extremely vibrant, colorful and clear, and I could NOT stop laughing at the hippos that were on the TV, it was extremely relaxing except for my jaw muscles from laughing so hard.

However the first time I took them, it was a larger dosage, some crappy things happened before it, I HATE the taste or smell of any mushroom or fungus so I gagged and chocked them down, and then hell set in and put me off from ever trying them again for over a decade until the Hippo fun time.

It is all variable.

We are talking about different things obviously.
The ones in the UK are small and a typical dose is between 50 and 150.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I do not think we are.

There are hundreds of different mushrooms with Psilocybin and Psilocin in them (and every one of them has different levels of the active compound in them - including that of the same species, it all depends on how they are grown, the environment where they are grown, the whether, humidity, soil nutrients, just like Pot), I know of the ones you are talking about and the dosage and everything else I said still applies.

edit on 5-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I do not think we are.

There are hundreds of different mushrooms with Psilocybin and Psilocin in them (and every one of them has different levels of the active compound in them - including that of the same species, it all depends on how they are grown, the environment where they are grown, the whether, humidity, soil nutrients, just like Pot), I know of the ones you are talking about and the dosage and everything else I said still applies.

Well, like I said, I never knew one person who took them who didn't hate the come down. We all dealt with it in different ways, the best method I found was a couple of joints to mellow things out.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sauteed with butter and garlic and topping a giant Porterhouse

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In Siberia it's rather Amanita muscaria. They give it to old people to "sleep well at night and to be active during the day" and as a painkiller. In common doses it's actually much safer in terms of hallucinations.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
In Siberia it's rather Amanita muscaria. They give it to old people to "sleep well at night and to be active during the day" and as a painkiller. In common doses it's actually much safer in terms of hallucinations.

Dosage with the Red and white, is critical. They can kill you.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is common sense to people that've experienced specific types of mushrooms. It's actually a no brainer, really. And people that speak about them negatively without the experience are that much more ridiculous.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago5807699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It is all variable.

Not for me. Only once or twice they started pleasant but every other time it was a #ing nightmare off the start, until I came to grips with the ego and things that were bugging me subconsciously, like taking life entirely too seriously. Then came the fantastic galactic recharge.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What's up guys , first post here.
For the last couple years I've been taking them for my depression, only every 6 months or so. I find they help to pull me out of that depression hole I get into, at least for a couple of days so I can get back into the gym and start eating healthy.
Also I've found that drinking helps with the "weird " feeling

-lemons

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: cuckooold

After marijuana is legalized, hallucinogens like mushrooms and acid will be next. All of them were made illegal for the wrong reasons.

Holy crap. We agree on somethings!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Bumped wow this is really an interesting article.

I'm going to have to do more research on this topic now.

Thanks for posting it.

<< 1  2   >>

join