It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dutch Magazine Includes Marijuana Seeds As Promotional Material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Buyers of a Dutch magazine found a unique promotional product inside. A small bag containing two marijuana seed was included as part of a article advocating the legalization of drugs. While Holland has some of the fewest restrictions on drugs, they still are technically illegal and the government does prosecute possession of more than a few grams.

story.news.yahoo.com
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A Dutch magazine was including an unusual freebie with its latest issue — two marijuana seeds in a small plastic bag.

Nieuwe Revu Editor-in-Chief Mark Koster said the move was a publicity stunt accompanying the Jan. 26 issue, which advocates legalizing marijuana and other banned substances.

Although Holland is famous for tolerating the sale of small amounts of marijuana and hashish in coffee shops, both are technically illegal and the government prosecutes possession of more than several grams.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder, if the subscriber could be arrested for possession? What about the post office that ships the magazine? Is that trafficking? Drugs are a scourge and people are fooling themselves if they think legalizing them will make the problem go away or be manageable.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Where do I subscribe? That is my question.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
Where do I subscribe? That is my question.

Same here
FredT You do know that Holland is amoung the least addicted countries in Europe. Don't have any links right now, still looking. I have come across a couple of links "claiming" addiction rates have tripled over the 90s but they came from Anti-Drug sites so I do not believe they are reliable. They have lied so much in the past why believe them now?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Their website says that some outlets refused to carry that issue of the magazine.

I guess not everyone over there is as tolerant of that substance.

nieuwerevu.nl (translated text)

26 January 2005
A well-known hypermarket chain refuses the new sell Revu of these yielded with free cannabiszaadjes. Additionally, the
redactie learned that faithful readers also our, resident on the veluwe, the statement of the Revu to legalise soft drugs, all
will not reach.
Because for the good order: the ' gimmick ' for cannabiszaadjes at sealen at our drug number knows really a deeper idea -
to see the column about this of head editor Mark of koster
A victim?
Are you of the victims who these unique Revu are denied, then you can the new Revu no5. including cannabiszaadjes the
applications at our customer service 0900-6438937. Count, however, on some time before the aware number falls at you in
the bus and there come verzendkosten of? 1.59 by editie. You pay therefore in sum? 3.70 by editie.

Broken zaadjes?
We have got complaints of purchasers who found broken zaadjes. If you belong to this end you can send your (broken)
packing + envelope with sufficient stamping, adressed to of yourself, to:
SMM/new Revu
Haaksbergweg 75
1101 BR Amsterdam
We send you still doosje with the hope that which you reach very.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

df1

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Drugs are a scourge and people are fooling themselves if they think legalizing them will make the problem go away or be manageable.

The scourge is the drug war, if for no other reasons that it creates the justification for government to invade the privacy of every individual. I could list a multiplicity of other reasons, but it is not my intention to debate with closed minds.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I believe this is the magazine "High Times", which I saw in a store here in Norway a couple of weeks ago - with little plastic bags of seeds. Norway has strict laws but seeds are not illegal until you plant them

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I wonder, if the subscriber could be arrested for possession? What about the post office that ships the magazine? Is that trafficking? Drugs are a scourge and people are fooling themselves if they think legalizing them will make the problem go away or be manageable.

No, they can't. Seeds aren't illegal to buy. They don't contain any illegal substances in them (in this case THC). THC starts producing as the plants grow out.

I live in Canada, where it's illegal, but seeds you can go to a store and buy no problem. Just have to know where to look.

(in this case, a store downtown called 'the Sacred Seed',
which has a ton of other seeds, not just marijuana ones...not to mention peyote cactuses, etc.)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
the lovely thing about maryjane is,
that you only need a GOOD seed,
and sun & water.

so, where do i subscribe, too?

new topics

top topics

join