It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

CNN......fake news, false news, or misleading news?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RickinVa

I dunno. I just think it is kind of deceptive to post an article that talks about one thing then take into question its total veracity because of one piece of reporting that was poorly researched. No one is perfect and no one nails it out of the park 100% of time. We all make mistakes and arrogance (like that article author displayed by demanding you look up the process yourself) conflates it. But what it isn't is a good excuse use to conflate and compare against the total company's credibility.

Look. I get it, you guys don't trust CNN, but if you are going to post propaganda to prove your point, this isn't the way to do it.

I will make a bet with you dude...

Go to every news site you can.... or any news site/blog /whatever that is covering the petition effort to have EC votes flipped...

Then count up how many that try to convince people to try and force the Electors to toss their votes to Clinton also bother to mention that Congress has the power to nullify those flipped votes?

You will not find very many if any at all.

I have seen any myself.
edit on R292016-12-01T14:29:12-06:00k2912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Business Insider has a whole article on it

That is 1 of the dozens and dozens.

And doesn't change the fact that CNN repeats stories about flipping the votes without clarifying that the votes can be nullified.

The topic is CNN and fake/false/misleading news.

It is wonderful that you pointed out that Business Insider does indeed address the issue.... which makes it more blatant that CNN does not.

Thank for your backup.

edit on R352016-12-01T14:35:51-06:00k3512Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
double post
edit on R332016-12-01T14:33:14-06:00k3312Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Vox
Inverse
FactCheck.org
Liberal as # WaPo
USA Today
edit on 1-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Vox
Inverse
FactCheck.org

CNN dude,, CNN...

The more you post the more you prove me right about the topic, which you desperately are trying to ignore.

Got some more? You are saving me so much time.. thanks.

edit on R392016-12-01T14:39:02-06:00k3912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Vox
Inverse
FactCheck.org

CNN dude,, CNN...

The more you post the more you prove me right about the topic, which you desperately are trying to ignore.

Were these not your words a mere two posts ago?

Go to every news site you can.... or any news site/blog /whatever that is covering the petition effort to have EC votes flipped...

Why are you walking the goal posts back on me?

Anyways, here you go:
Clinton won popular vote, Trump won the election: Get over it

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

And rechecked using other sources.

Which sources do you deem acceptable to be trusted on first glance then?

Personally the source doesn't matter to me since I can always tell when I am reading lies, untruths, and misinformation.

I think a lot of people also can do this since Hillary lost which proves that. But as far as sources, there isn't any main stream source that can be trusted, they all twist everything anyone says, so people have to rely on their own senses and wisdom if they have it, to know truth from falsehood.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Translation: "My biases are always right".

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Vox
Inverse
FactCheck.org

CNN dude,, CNN...

Where these not your words a mere two posts ago?

Why are you walking the goal posts back on me?

The goalpost is nothing more than the issue of CNN not telling the whole story in their articles.

The topic of the thread is CNN having a nasty habit of not reporting the full story about how the EC works.

edit on R442016-12-01T14:44:45-06:00k4412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

*eyeroll* FINE. I'll let you get away with that logical fallacy, but now you have to go back and look at my edit.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Cinton won popular vote, Trump won the election: Get over it

Your proof is lacking...

Nothing whatsosever in that article about the fact that Congress has the capability to nullify EC votes
edit on R522016-12-01T14:52:09-06:00k5212Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you may be confused. There isn't a united front that believes this recount will do anything. Most liberals understand that it won't do anything and even the ones in favor of it probably mostly acknowledge it is a long shot. I've posted sources from many different liberal news sites (just like you asked) that all cast doubt on the success of this recount; many times citing reasons that would sideline it before it even GETS to a congressional decision (this includes that CNN blog article). Yet you give no credit there for showing that yes the liberal media IS doubting the success of this recount.

I agree that coverage could be a bit more thorough against the recount but you are wrong. The liberal media IS doubting the success of this recount. Just because SOME journalists want to downplay that fact doesn't mean that they all want to do that. Hell most of us just don't even care about the recount, have accepted a Trump Presidency is inevitable, and have moved on to being skeptical of his Presidency.

I mean you won't even give me credit for acquiescing to the very things you demanded from me and not to mention your OP is focusing on a very small part of the point of the entire article. It wasn't even ABOUT the possible success of the recount. Hell the kid CNN was interviewing was basically saying he was going to vote for Trump anyways.

FURTHERMORE after a rereading of your CNN article you attribute the line about suggesting the readers of the article look up the process to the article author. It was actually the college student elector that made that comment.

He suggested people look up how the process works.

This entire OP looks like a sensational attempt to paint CNN as more deceptive than they really are. I'm not going to lie and say that CNN isn't biased, but this OP is closer to propaganda than truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think you may be confused. There isn't a united front that believes this recount will do anything. Most liberals understand that it won't do anything and even the ones in favor of it probably mostly acknowledge it is a long shot. I've posted sources from many different liberal news sites (just like you asked) that all cast doubt on the success of this recount; many times citing reasons that would sideline it before it even GETS to a congressional decision (this includes that CNN blog article). Yet you give no credit there for showing that yes the liberal media IS doubting the success of this recount.

I agree that coverage could be a bit more thorough against the recount but you are wrong. The liberal media IS doubting the success of this recount. Just because SOME journalists want to downplay that fact doesn't mean that they all want to do that. Hell most of us just don't even care about the recount, have accepted a Trump Presidency is inevitable, and have moved on to being skeptical of his Presidency.

I mean you won't even give me credit for acquiescing to the very things you demanded from me and not to mention your OP is focusing on a very small part of the point of the entire article. It wasn't even ABOUT the possible success of the recount. Hell the kid CNN was interviewing was basically saying he was going to vote for Trump anyways.

FURTHERMORE after a rereading of your CNN article you attribute the line about suggesting the readers of the article look up the process to the article author. It was actually the college student elector that made that comment.

He suggested people look up how the process works.

This entire OP looks like a sensational attempt to paint CNN as more deceptive than they really are. I'm not going to lie and say that CNN isn't biased, but this OP is closer to propaganda than truth.

It is simple... find the CNN articles about the effort to get the votes flipped.

Count how many of those articles bother to clarify to their readers that Congress has the capability to nullify EC votes that are flipped on Dec 19.

It is not hard to do, other than finding anywhere that CNN points out the full process of the Electoral College and not just talking about the Dec 19 EC vote as being "Official".

As a matter of fact, CNN saying that the EC vote on Dec 19 is the "official" EC vote count is a misleading statement within itself. It is not the final EC count.
edit on R352016-12-01T15:35:32-06:00k3512Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R382016-12-01T15:38:10-06:00k3812Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
CNN - What is the Electoral College and why is 270 important?

Not a single mention of the fact Congress can nullify Electoral Votes on Jan 6, 2017.

CNN - Will electoral college pick a different president?

Not a single mention of the fact Congress can nullify Electoral Votes on Jan 6, 2017.

CNN - Electoral College voter: I'm getting death threats

CNN - A 'rigged' election in the Electoral College?

CNN - Clinton won popular vote, Trump won the election: Get over it

And so on and so forth

And still the question remains....why do other sites point out things that CNN refuses to do?.... like the fact that the Dec 19 EC vote is not the final official vote and that Congress can nullify flipped votes on Jan 6, 2017.

edit on R292016-12-01T16:29:32-06:00k2912Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R422016-12-01T16:42:31-06:00k4212Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Translation: "My biases are always right".

At least I weigh my biases carefully in regards to what is morally right, and the left right now doesn't have any morals.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
CNN and FOX or the same. One left leaning one Right leaning. Both can air false news, but usually through their "News shows...where the loudmouth pundits talk about the news" Usually they just omit or don't report on what they disagree with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join