It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Problem with Winning - As an Anti-Establishment Candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: BlueMule
Dear trump voter,

After trump makes fools out of you, please stay out of politics and religion forever.

Signed,

Planet Earth

a few here at ats said they were voting trump simply to piss off the boys in skinny jeans. LOL. yay jealousy.

he's not going to do a damn thing for the working poor. biggest con job ever is how I view his election. if he doesn't start bring jobs back FAST his supporters will turn. if I were him i'd be very concerned.

why would he be concerned?...he can simply quit, let pence take over, and he can go back to his business and lifstyle

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh there's def the same thing going on here as 'hope and change' of the 2008 kind when the map was blue instead of red.

I'm not that naive. But do I think it will be a total disaster?

Nope, his new trade deals might actually do wonders for the US and Canadian economies. But trade is really the only big point me and the donald agree on.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Trump is soon going to have to decide if he actually wants to be man of the people, or a man after his own legacy that includes being richer when he leaves the White House, then the day he walked in.

And there's the big question.

A man, now president elect, with no political baggage. But, plenty of baggage as a civilian.

I'm a "Wait and See". But, my opinion of Trump is: "Trump cares about Trump".

His thin-skinned vindictiveness is a concern. Mostly, in who will stand up to him. Will anyone?

Is he just gonna Steam Roll through the next 4 years?

I have a brother similar to Trump. I've always said, he's "On Full Throttle" - - on a track going in one direction, never looking sideways.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's hilarious to watch Democrats so frustrated all they can do is splutter "H-H-H-He's not anti-establishment now that he w-w-w-won". Derp derp "He's an insider now."

Please keep it up. Next 8 years are going to be great!

Who's a Democrat?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
ajority of Americans to lesser working conditions and/or pay, in order to attract mercenary businesses back to the country.

The chances of him doing anything successful or revolutionary or purely worker focused were slim before his election. With the cronies and banking cartel insiders he is gathering about himself now, the chances are simply non-existent.

I agree that the cabinet he is putting together is just scary.

It seems more like a CEO building for takeover and profit.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: underwerks

Oh there's def the same thing going on here as 'hope and change' of the 2008 kind when the map was blue instead of red.

I'm not that naive. But do I think it will be a total disaster?

Nope, his new trade deals might actually do wonders for the US and Canadian economies. But trade is really the only big point me and the donald agree on.

~Tenth

Complete disaster is taking it a little far in my eyes. Mainly because even as president, Trump won't have the power he thinks he will. What he will have is influence, and the draconian ideas of his and the people he's surrounding himself with are what worry me.

He either has less knowledge about what being president is and entails than I do (which isn't saying much) or he's just trolling and lying to people.

Either way isn't looking too good for the President of the United States.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That was rather my take on it.

Its like the wolves congregating before a hunt, and the only prey they have in mind is dollars they are not owed.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
One one hand you have Republicans who were going to vote for whoever the Republican candidate was, no matter if it was Satan (R) vs. a cute puppy dog (D) and those people are still full of hope with a Republican controlled Congress, at least for the next two years. These people are happy.

On the other hand you have the people who actually got Trump elected. The people who voted for the voice of real change and no business as usual. The voters who actually voted democrat in 2008 and 2012 under the same desire for change. They have been disappointed thus far. These voters should already be suffering buyers remorse based on the decisions Trump has made thus far, well prior to the inauguration. These people should understand they have been played by the ultimate con man. And really, they should have known better. When did it become a good idea to fight against the elite by electing the poster boy of the elite?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

He was never anti-establishment, was never going to drain the swamp, his business is already benefiting. He promised to be pro LGBT yet every appointment has been someone against LGBT rights. He's a liar, that's not going to change no matter how many benefits of the doubt you have to offer.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
we elected a billionaire to hire other billionaires to fix the system that made them billionaires.

Special kind of dumb

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
After Trump sees how little power the president actually has to do the things he wants to get done, he might resign before his term is up and go back to managing Trump inc or whatever his company is called.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join