It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do our governments even talk to each other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if the US govt has any idea what goes on in Canada. While getting my daily news fix, I came across these two articles:

Internet pharmacy crackdown could come soon
I can't give you a timeline ... Why don't you talk to me in about a month's time? You may have had a decision already by then."

Dosanjh could prohibit Canadian doctors from co-signing prescriptions for U.S. patients they haven't seen, prohibit prescriptions for foreigners who are not present in Canada and create a list of widely used drugs that could not be exported from Canada.

and

U.S. senators push legalizing drug imports from Canada
U.S. senators who support prescription drug imports from Canada planned to reintroduce a bill Wednesday to legalize them as they kicked off hearings on the popular cross-border trade.

So, seeing as Ujjal Dosanjh, our Health Minister, may soon be closing down a lot of internet pharmacies and restricting drugs that can be exported, why are US senators pushing a bill, when the Canadian govt doesn't even know if/what they are going to allow to be exported?

Is this an example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? Or is it just an attempt to make the US citizens feel that they are being listened to? Ignorance or Optics? What do you think?

new topics

join