It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a MASSIVE Object feeding off SUN energy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

Weird these two objects look a lot alike??

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You checked the description in the video before commenting hoax didn't you? surely? you must have? you didn't did you? you rinse repeat your answers on almost all UFO topics don't you?

Check his description, it has a link to the official SOHO site which shows the image.

And just like magic, the call of hoax has found the hoax bin itself.... ironic no?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2016 by skyblueworld because: double post

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

How many frames was it captured in, what was the original frame rate? From that, if there is an actual change in position over each frame, you can determine the speed, if it is a real object. If it appears as a static artifact over all frames, it's probably just that, an artifact.

That's the problem with these youtube clickbait sensationalists, they operate on the premise that people will take their video at face value.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Threads which devolve so quickly from any actual discussion of ideas & existing evidence of the matter (of immense importance) suggested by the evidence of the OP, just serve to demonstrate how this site is utterly under the control of those who wish to crush access to any measure of real truth associated with topics & ideas which can only be truly found by a discussion of esoterica, of all kinds.

Nobody makes a serious or intelligent comment, nobody thinks to upload a series of images related to the idea in the OP, everyone just claims hoax or says "I dunno, but ooh, how strange/ spooky". Well done, trolls & timewasters who festeringly inhabit ATS, you've made plain the problem of total information domainance, in a closed system such as this (which may or may not actually belong to you in the first place).

So why not be the change you want?

Where is your discussion and intelligent debate of the OP?

Irony FTW.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
And just like magic, the call of hoax has found the hoax bin itself.... ironic no?

Why is it ironic that obvious hoaxes end up in the hoax bin?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Just because its a conspiracy site doesnt negate the need to use ones brain and common sense

The motto here is "Deny Ignoramce"

Some seem to think it is "Promote Ignorance'!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

How many frames was it captured in, what was the original frame rate? From that, if there is an actual change in position over each frame, you can determine the speed, if it is a real object. If it appears as a static artifact over all frames, it's probably just that, an artifact.

It's only in one frame (from 1:06 on 2016-11-27). The "frame rate" (if you could call it that) of the "movie" (if you could call it that) is 12 hours per frame...

...i.e., the SOHO spacecraft takes an image with that instrument at that wavelength (the EIT at 28.4nm wavelength) once every 12 hours. So the frames you see in that "movie" are 12 hours apart.

However, it DOES also take pictures at other times at other wavelengths. Six minutes before that image was taken, the EIT 17.1 nm camera took this image:

Seven minutes after the image in the OP was taken, the EIT 19.5 nm camera took this image:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
First I stated this thread because I couldn't find this case here on ATS.
I saw the video in our local news website, and I found it intriguing.
The guy uploading the video seems to be a "sky-watcher" as I call all the UFO seekers, but since it had a link to a credible source like NASA, it was worth to post it here for discussion.

You can clearly see the "dot" at the end of the beam, which made me think that this is not just a glitch. Of course I'm so far from been expert. This is the purpose of this forum I think. You share an idea or material which for you can be valuable and the others with different experience and view points can discuss.

I don't personally believe that the weird music or some CGI intro in a video can tell if the source or the story are credible or not.

I don't really know what is on the picture, as many of you said it can be a glitch in the lens or similar and probably is, but you cannot denied that is real. It is obvious not a HOAX due to the credible source like NASA. It is a fact that the picture is there with the dot and the beam. The rest are just speculations. We will never now 100% what it was.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Why is it ironic that obvious hoaxes end up in the hoax bin?

How is this an obvious hoax? Again follow the link he gave...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Just because its a conspiracy site doesnt negate the need to use ones brain and common sense

Sure, but those are the most entertaining threads

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The OP shows a cosmic ray hitting the CCD on the SOHO camera.
But CharpLee's links I cannot explain...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I thought that the idea of a forum is to discuss, debate, argue, counter-argue...consider and propose...not post the same old one-line, debunking [apparently] response? I haven't been here long and already I have seen your "Blah, blah = hoax" comment on many topics you deem worthy enough of your expansive dismissal.

It might be your motto, it isn't mine...so please speak for yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The great thing about the internet, is that one can find explanations about mysterious "objects" sucking energy from the sun, with just a click of a mouse!

Telescope images captured of the sun on Monday (March 12) show what appears to be a planet-size shadowy object tethered to the sun by a dark filament. In the image sequence, a burst of brightly lit material can be seen erupting from the sun's surface surrounding the dark object, after which the orb detaches from the sun and shoots out into space.

C. Alex Young, a solar astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center who runs a website called The Sun Today, explained that the prominence is situated below a tunnel-shape feature called a filament channel. "When you look at it from the edge of the sun, what you actually see is a spherical object. You're actually looking down the tunnel. And this tunnel sits up top of the filament,"

Less exciting than a refueling UFO or a brand new planet, maybe — but there's nothing quite like the truth.

www.livescience.com...

What this is though is just something that's unfamiliar to most people, but something that solar scientists have been aware of for some time, a transitory cavity in the solar plasma field, known as a coronal prominence cavity, or polar crown cavity. Often associated with Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs). This does appear to be a quite interesting one, with attached vortex. But that's all it is. Not a giant space ship sucking fuel from the sun.

www.metabunk.org...

SDO shows colder material as dark and hotter material as light, so the line is, in fact, an enormous swatch of colder material hovering in the sun's atmosphere, the corona. Stretched out, that line – or solar filament as scientists call it – would be more than 533,000 miles long. That is longer than 67 Earths lined up in a row. Filaments can float sedately for days before disappearing. Sometimes they also erupt out into space, releasing solar material in a shower that either rains back down or escapes out into space, becoming a moving cloud known as a coronal mass ejection, or CME.

www.nasa.gov...

The bright line that seems to be coming from the sun's surface is a camera glitch, that's explained in detail here:

According to Nathan Rich, lead ground systems engineer in the NRL's solar physics branch, the "spaceship" is merely a collection of streaks left by cosmic rays, charged particles from space, which whizzed through the camera's sensor, or CCD, as the image was taken. [See footage]

As a cosmic ray passes through a camera's image sensor, it deposits a large amount of its electric charge in the pixels that it penetrates. If the particle passes through at a shallow angle to the plane of the camera, it affects several pixels along its path. The result is a bright streak on the image.

www.livescience.com...

I wouldn't call this video clip a "hoax", it's just a mysterious phenomenon caused by the sun including image artifacts from SOHO. I hope this clears the air for some.

edit on 12/2/2016 by shawmanfromny because: added more info.

edit on 12/2/2016 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
The OP shows a cosmic ray hitting the CCD on the SOHO camera.
But CharpLee's links I cannot explain...

Well, the first thing that would need to be done is to find the alleged NASA video (linked by Char-lee) that the YouTubers claimed was a NASA video. So far, the source of hat video seems to be Section51's YouTube page, not NASA, which makes me think that it is possibly not a real video.

I mean, what corroborating evidence do we have that the video in Char-Lee's post from "Section51" was real?

There is a similar (but different) video from NASA showing what is called a "coronal cavity":

Others have thought these coronal cavities are alien spaceships refueling, but they are not. Here is an explanation of them:
Coronal Cavities

edit on 2016/12/4 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I read just a word: Streetcap1
He's a well-known hoaxer debunked many times.
There are just BS on his stupid channel. He makes fake news using short videos from ISS Live Streaming (without put the original source) or images from NASA using pictures with artifacts mistaken by him for UFOs.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli If it is charging the sun then our knowledge of the universe and our solar system is completely wrong and dangerously backward.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
a reply to: Denoli If it is charging the sun then our knowledge of the universe and our solar system is completely wrong and dangerously backward.

Best of looking at every angle , not just the easy option

top topics

<< 1   >>

join