It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Stein won't appeal machine recount; GOP files complaint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sounds like the republicans are no longer going to stand for the collusion between the Stein campaign and the Clinton campaign.

The complaint alleges that Stein — who received only a small share of the vote — is improperly fundraising to pay for a recount that primarily benefits Clinton, the second-place finisher behind GOP President-elect Donald Trump.

Almost sounds like the republicans have been reading ATS.

"Clinton stands as the only actor that would benefit from a recount taking place in Wisconsin or elsewhere," the complaint reads. "As outlined below, the Clinton campaign’s direct involvement in the recount process, which was announced well before the recount itself was paid for and finalized, demonstrates a clear link between the actions of the Stein campaign and the strategic goals of Hillary for America."

link

Now they need to subpoena the internet records on the donations and see who was actually donating the $160,000 an hour for the first 24 hours. Would be nice if they caught George Soros red handed.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

From the looks of things Stein is dropping her lawsuit to get Wisconsin to do a hand recount. So they are doing the machine recount.

Sounds like Stein caved.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Stein — who received only a small share of the vote — is improperly fundraising to pay for a recount that primarily benefits Clinton

Is that illegal or are they just upset about it?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The collusion between the two campaigns is the part that is illegal.

If you want to know if they are upset try reading the clip.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I read your link and clip, but where do you claim it says it is illegal?

You didn't quote it and I didn't see it. If you still claim it is illegal then please quote that part as evidence.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

They Told her it will cost 50 $ Per Ballot to Recount by Hand , and the Money for it Must be Paid Up Front .

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So she paid $5 million dollars, to get the same results that resulted in Donald Trump being certified as the winner in Wisconsin? I think we can invent a new variation of "Insanity". Maybe InSTEINity.
edit on 12/1/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
That would cost more money and would eat into her bonus.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Maybe this will clear things up for you. The republicans are asserting that campaign finance laws were broken.

•The announcement from the Clinton campaign trafficked in the same baseless conspiracy theories that the Stein campaign used to justify the recount.
a reply to: Grimpachi
and then

•On November 28, the Clinton campaign sent an email to supporters to recruit volunteers to assist with the recount effort. No such recruitment effort appears to be taking place on behalf of the Stein campaign.

If it is Steins lawsuit why should Clinton even envolve herself?

•The Clinton campaign’s carefully crafted and synchronized response in conjunction with the Stein campaign’s filings, all of which occurred prior to confirmation that payment had been made for the recount, strongly indicate coordination between the Stein campaign and Clinton campaign.

One might say that Clinton knew that Stein had the money, due to her online financing drive. Still there are questions as to where the money came from

•On Tuesday, November 29, the Clinton campaign joined the Stein campaign’s lawsuit demanding that a hand recount be done statewide. No clear and convincing evidence was ever presented as to why a hand recount would be necessary, except to act as a delay tactic for the certification of election results. This event marked an explicit departure from any previous statements that the Clinton campaign was acting more as a passive observer and instead moved in conjunction with the Stein campaign, to intentionally delay the process

It doesn't really specify that laws were broken, but it suggests that there may have been. It really depends on whether the Federal election commission thinks that campaign finance laws were broken. Hence the lawsuit.

The complaint then asks the FEC to launch an investigation into whether the Stein and Clinton campaigns have violated federal campaign finance laws because of their behavior related to the recount.

Sorry I would have responded sooner but I posted this thread on my lunch break.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

link
edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: to add link

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Same excrement different day.

Anyone for a slow motion replay?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They Told her it will cost 50 $ Per Ballot to Recount by Hand , and the Money for it Must be Paid Up Front .

Really?

That would be a hell of a lot of money if that's true.

Hell I'll count them myself for that kind of money!

edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

for some reason i feel like a decimal place is missing from that. id think it would be closer to 50 cents

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Every time Hillary gets involved with something, there is a question of ethics or legality. Scandals, bribes, threats, backdoor deals......Is that really the person you wanted as President?
Thank God she lost. Now if they'd just stop the goddamn whining.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
That would cost more money and would eat into her bonus.

Yes. The true point of this exercise is to have a few million dollars left over that she can quietly transfer into her offshore account. She's probably looking to spend around half of what she raised.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Stein wants the stupid recounts. Her path to get those recounts was impeded because Clinton has already conceded the election, there for Clinton had to allow for Stein to pursue the recount. A recount that means nothing to the Clinton camp. There are not enough electoral votes in play in the recounts to matter.

I don't know why Stein is so adamant about this, but if Clinton wanted recounts, she would simply make the demands herself. She has already conceded the election.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

for some reason i feel like a decimal place is missing from that. id think it would be closer to 50 cents

Union job and you need observers from all parties involved.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The benefit of the recount is to identify irregularities. Period. This is the way Congress can put money towards fixing things--like modernizing processes, systems, and security, etc. That's how Washington works. It is also a way of promoting confidence in the system--not just for this election but for others and the future. It's vital for a democracy. I would think everyone would want that, regardless of party affiliation.

Except for Trump -- who does nothing but protest about irregularities (in tweets, no less) and who even had lawyers beginning a challenge before it was declared -- but who will denegrate anyone who wants to examine it.

Boy, have Americans been dumbed down.Take a look at this: www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What evidence do you have that a Bot paid the campaign? Pretty big claim to just throw at the end of your OP with no evidence provided.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

What evidence do you have that a Bot paid the campaign? Pretty big claim to just throw at the end of your OP with no evidence provided.

First of all I never made such a claim. Where exactly did you see me make such claim.

It has been widely publicized that $160,000 was entered every hour like clock work into her fund me account. Although there is a thread posted to ATS that claims that it was a bot. Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Although I did notice that the amount that she now claims to need has gone up to 9.5 million. If I am correct it started at $2.5 million. She seems to be getting greedier and greedier.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

I just did the math and you are right the figure wasn't $160,000. per hour in the first 24 hours it was actually $104,166 per hour for the first 24 hours. Doesn't change the fact that I personally would love to know where that money came from.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: revised

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I found this video SUPER interesting...

-Mus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join