It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Insists Obama Has Lived up to Ideals of Nobel Prize

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

“I feel confident in telling you that the president feels that he’s lived up to the standard he set up for himself in that speech,” he said.

Earnest cited Obama’s willingness to meet with activists and opposition figures around the world, supporting the cause of peace around the world.

“The president is quite proud of his record,” Earnest replied, despite Obama’s continued commitment to military combat in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as his drone program to wipe out terrorists.

He admitted that although there were doubters that Obama deserved the prize after getting elected president, but they could now look at Obama’s record as president as proof.

LINK

Why is it that liberals have so much trouble accepting reality? George W. Bush never claimed to deserve a Nobel Peace Prize. Obama's administrations have continued Bush's wars and started more. According to my research, Obama's administrations have been more hawkish than any presidential administrations in a long time.

For some reason liberals seem to like to play pretend. They like to pretend their problems aren't real. They like to pretend things that don't exist actually do. They just seem to love lying. That's the bottom line in my opinion.

Perhaps it's because their philosophies are built on lies. To accept that is to give up what they seem to hold most dear...their idealism.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In hindsight, has President Obama INCREASED the prestige surrounding the Nobel Peace Prize award, or DECREASED it?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In hindsight, has President Obama INCREASED the prestige surrounding the Nobel Peace Prize award, or DECREASED it?

Eliminated it..
edit on 30-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Eliminated it..

Aye

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Eliminated it..

I wouldn't give Barack Obama credit for being powerful enough to do that, after so many wonderful, deserving human beings have earned it, over the decades.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The way it works is that you're supposed to do something to earn it, first.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

By beating Hillary in 2008, Obama prevented a certain nuclear war, from what I hear. So he DID do something. NO?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The Nobel was awarded to him not for services done, but for a guideline hope for what he would do...a uniter, etc.

-checks world

gonna go with a not wildly successful outcome tbh. could be worse, but damn sure not nobel peace prize worthy.

I think he tried, but the reality of the situation is, the world isn't really much more peaceful..sort of a dumpster fire in the middle east at the moment. We can discuss how its complex and with Russian involvement, it isn't really Obamas fault.

But really we need to just stay out of the middle east. let them do their thing and we can just buy the oil of whichever dictator wins out. Let Russia deal with that mess if they want it soo bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Its been renamed to the nobel pieces prize in honour of how many people obama had droned to pieces .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

By beating Hillary in 2008, Obama prevented a certain nuclear war, from what I hear. So he DID do something. NO?

I thought that's why we elected Trump.

Boy, that gal sure wants to watch the world burn.

When's Donalds gonna be awarded?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Liberals Live in an Alternate Reality , Their Minds Perceptions of the " Real World " Escape them . Case in Point , this Last Election .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

How Many Nobel Prize Winners other than Obama have Killed Numerous People with Drone Attacks ? Answer , ZERO .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I thought that's why we elected Trump.

Boy, that gal sure wants to watch the world burn.

When's Donalds gonna be awarded?

The world will need to create a new Award for President Trump. His accomplishments will far surpass any award that's now in existence.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
On his way out the door, President Barack Obama is continuing to strengthen his legacy as a compassionate human being.

He has released 774 prisoners from jail, and is now forgiving $108 Billion in student loans. What other acts of great kindness should he deliver before January 20th?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What other acts of great kindness should he deliver before January 20th?

Move to Another Country .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: carewemust

What other acts of great kindness should he deliver before January 20th?

Move to Another Country .

FUNNY! But, Obama is the only Democrat politician who has any stature. All the others are impotent and cowering in Donald Trump's shadow.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I think it is important to understand that Obama did not get the peace prize because of his actions as President. He got the prize because he was elected to the presidency, and talked a good game on the way. He won that prize because he won an election by campaigning on the basis of peace, freedom, tolerance, and other noble ideals.

That he exemplified none of those things while operating the business of being the President is neither here nor there, with regard to the award itself. That is of course, EXTREMELY unfortunate, and sets a bloody low bar for future winners of that prize to live up to.

Frankly speaking, there are people here on these boards who have spread more peace in the world than Mr Obama ever has, and EVERYONE here has been responsible for less death, carnage and hatred being spread, even those who seem to be fanboys of those concepts. Essentially, he won the prize, because his BS looked better than the oppositions BS at the time of his election. That is the only way I can look at it.

He has not brokered lasting peace, he has not enacted policies which reduce the death toll of innocent people world wide, has not by way of presidential action prevented any war, nor reduced tensions with any nation by any significant measure during his entire presidency, leave alone during the period leading up to the award. His election was inspirational to many, which may play a large part in the reason for the award, but that does not legitimise the award in the least.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The fact the Nobel Committee has not stripped Obama, the prolific warmonger, who has destroyed East-West relations with his ridiculous foreign policy, and a known murderer with no regard for international law or national boundaries, of this decoration merely indicate that it is a completely worthless award.

One does not have to promote peace in order to receive a Nobel peace prize apparently.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am not a fan of President Obama, but even I have to give credit where it's due.

He should go down in history as the only Nobel Peace Prize winner that was "really good at killing people".

He really is a multifaceted man, you have to admit.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

White House Insists Obama Has Lived up to Ideals of Nobel Prize

So says Michelle from the White House...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join