It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life laser cannons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
hello i am a newbie to this board. has anybody here heard of "THEL system" i beliece thel stands for tactical high energy laser. i found some info by doing a google search .

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi proteus.
I always thought Laser guns where movie props didnt know the were real things.

Do you have any links?

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Proteus,

Welcome aboard! Dont mind the inmates, they;re just ummmm cleaning the place, yeah!

Yes, if you have any links to some interesting info on this, please copy/past the link URL.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i got the link right here www.defense-update.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
looks like the prisim tank from Command & conquer red alert 2

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
looks like the prisim tank from Command & conquer red alert 2

Dunno what that looks like, never played Command and conquer.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
According to a friend of mine who recently went through Marine Corps basic training, they were instructed how to care for laser wounds (basically just cover up each side of the cauterized hole with gauze, and hope it doesn't it you in a vital area).

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS ... On the laser, I would think that with all knowledge we already have...A true laser weapon should be already available.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealFlight
Welcome to ATS ... On the laser, I would think that with all knowledge we already have...A true laser weapon should be already available.

Dont worry, it is.... But for "national security" reasons, officially, it will be in an endless R&D program, eternally years or decades from operational deployment.

Oh, dont mind that zapping sound, that just our industrial sized multi-gigawatt fly zapper over there... Nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Greetings and also a welcome Proteus

Actually looks like something designed as part of Star Wars, in principle anyhoo.

I, too, also think that lasers are somewhat in use now, though probably in limited form(s).

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea, the system seems like the more feasable version of the Star Wars defense system.. The Ground version.

And welcome, I am also new to these parts..

[Edited on 6-24-2003 by Slaviik]

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Tactical High Energy Laser. However, the designation as such, that I am aware of, specifically refers to a plane-based/ground-based laser to intercept inbound missiles. It was a proposed counter-terrorism tactic, a while back. There was an excellent special on this, on one of the educational channels...(TLC, DISCOVERY, etc.) Can't remember which one....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I remember reading an article that states that the koreans had used lazers to shoot down to american helicopters. The lazers blinded the pilots which caused them to crash. The lazer is said to have a range of 2 miles, i think i saw that on ATS's main site.
Deep

new topics

top topics

join