It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Prayers For A Nation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone
Aw yep! Xx

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

What an ass.

The one's whom we converse with about this, that, and the other, are also the one's we should love and show kindness to. It is not easy in no way, shape, or form. That is the Cross one must bear for speaking the only Truth they know. Have mercy for the weak, for His name's sake. Have love for your enemy and He takes your burden.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It's a lovely thread. Thank you, and your prayer is beautiful.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It's a lovely thread. Thank you, and your prayer is beautiful.

Thank you for your kind, and heartfelt, words. May your heart never deny it's passion, for so only in love can the hearts of us all, bloom in friendship.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: namelesss
I wrote;
"Since you posted this on a 'thinking' site (philosophy), rather than a 'believing' site (religion), I am going to have to refute your broad brushing and unsupportable premises."
to which you responded;

I welcome all reasonable questions about how I live my life.

I have no interest in how you live your life, and my statement had nothing whatsoever to do with 'how you live your life'.
A logical fallacy here, and an irrational statement there on a religion site is usually the discussion du jour. Such bits as 'logic' have less value than 'beliefs', or, perhaps, Faith.
But on a philosophy site, I feel free to point out logical fallacies and inconsistencies. Philosophy is original critical thought, and one feature of such is logic.
But I am clueless how you took that to mean something 'personal'.

"'Belief' (vs tentative acceptance) and 'Faith' (Knowledge) are NOT the same thing. Not everyone hosts 'beliefs', and few there are with real unconditional 'Faith';"

I agree that they are not the same. Belief is what you think. Faith is the assertion of that belief. You say not everyone hosts beliefs. I would disagree. Everyone holds beliefs. What they believe in is another matter all together.

Your 'belief' is refuted by my presence.
I host no 'beliefs'.
And it is refuted by one other person I know who is similarly... uninfected.

As 'beliefs' are ego, it is expected that the 'infected' cannot imagine anyone uninfected. The malware of 'belief' has the ultimate 'self-defense package', you! *__- We 'identify' with our 'beliefs'.
A perceived attack on a belief is an attack on our very selves!
And we defend it at all cost!
Insanity!

"True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith... ALWAYS!" -n

No one has unconditional love, except Christ, in my perspective.

If that were true, there would be no chance whatsoever of doing as Jesus taught/did ("and more!").
That would mean that you are saying that he was/is a liar!
Is that what you are saying? *__-
He said that his 'followers are known by their unconditional Love'!
The point of the whole story is that you can partake in that Love that Jesus taught, you can be One in Christ.
For you to believe that none are capable of such Love, and yet call yourself a Xtian decries delusion of the 'lowest' magnitude!
You cannot call yourself a Xtian, according to Jesus, UNTIL you become unconditional Love!!
There are a LOT of poseurs out there, eh?

Do you know of anyone who ever got angry?

That one can be displaying unconditional Love one moment, and fall back into playing the ego game (but KNOWING that he is just playing a game) another... Jesus got angry, and he was/is our shining example of unconditional Love!
You accuse Jesus?

Well that is not unconditional love. Unconditional love, once again in my view, is to love all others as you love yourself. Do you know of anyone that can do this. I only know of one.

Perhaps, not having experienced/Known His unconditional Love, you are in a poor place to 'accuse' (in your ignorance; = Knowledge = experience!), and in a much better place to 'listen' all the more closely. And question.
But the ego considers yourself a Xtian (while being unrecognizable to Jesus), and every word that I utter will burn.
Jesus was tired and hungry and was looking forward to some figs... when no figs, he lost it and 'blasted' the poor little tree!
Anger! Retribution! Violence!
The moneychangers in the temple so bugged hi that he made a whip and had another violent hissy fit!
So, if you actually accept that your Jesus was the pinnacle of unconditional Love (intellectually, so far), then you have to accept that there are moments where we are less than unconditional Love, or that you simply cannot (yet) understand these things due to lack of experience, because you do not understand these things of Jesus.
Point; we are not the same entities/people from moment to moment.
One moment might find us Loving, another might find us hateful.
God is Omni-!
God/We are One!
That means ALL INCLUSIVE!
All Loving and all hating and all everything in between and beyond!
The hand that smites is as much Our/God's hand as the hand that Heals!

Ultimately, Love is the (state of) integration ('Healing') of that which was once 'fragmented', into One!
Enlightenment is the same state of Love...
Lover and Beloved are One!

And what's with the selfish prayer? Seems unXtian to me...
I meant no harm to you. Please forgive me. I can assure you I meant no ill intent.

You don't need to get so defensive.
See?
Philosophers are mind sharks.
If you posted in 'religion' I wouldn't point out such trivial inconsistencies as an alleged follower of Jesus' unconditional Love mumbling a prayer like "Bless 'us'/let 'them' rot (at least by implication)".
All is Self/One in unconditional Love there is no 'them', there is only Us/Self!
You attempted to politicise the transcendental, what a mess...

'Beliefs' do not allow themselves to be critically examined.

edit on 1-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I have no interest in how you live your life, and my statement had nothing whatsoever to do with 'how you live your life'.

I did not state that it did. I simply welcomed any questions.

A logical fallacy here, and an irrational statement there on a religion site is usually the discussion du jour. Such bits as 'logic' have less value than 'beliefs', or, perhaps, Faith. But on a philosophy site, I feel free to point out logical fallacies and inconsistencies. Philosophy is original critical thought, and one feature of such is logic. But I am clueless how you took that to mean something 'personal'.

There is no religion forum. Only a conspiracy in Religion forum. I am glad you feel free to express your 'beliefs' on what is logical and illogical. My apologies for your 'belief' that I was getting personal.

-

Your 'belief' is refuted by my presence. I host no 'beliefs'. And it is refuted by one other person I know who is similarly... uninfected.

Do you believe you are right? If so you host a belief.

As 'beliefs' are ego, it is expected that the 'infected' cannot imagine anyone uninfected. The malware of 'belief' has the ultimate 'self-defense package', you! *__- We 'identify' with our 'beliefs'. A perceived attack on a belief is an attack on our very selves! And we defend it at all cost! Insanity!

That is your 'belief'. I believe that 'beliefs' are the whole of one's experiences. I do not feel an attack on my belief is an attack on me, that is just what you believe. It was made known to me that attacks on my belief was assured.

If that were true, there would be no chance whatsoever of doing as Jesus taught/did ("and more!"). That would mean that you are saying that he was/is a liar! Is that what you are saying? *__- He said that his 'followers are known by their unconditional Love'! The point of the whole story is that you can partake in that Love that Jesus taught, you can be One in Christ. For you to believe that none are capable of such Love, and yet call yourself a Xtian decries delusion of the 'lowest' magnitude! You cannot call yourself a Xtian, according to Jesus, UNTIL you become unconditional Love!! There are a LOT of poseurs out there, eh?

Can you please post a link that Christ said that?King James Bible
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

biblehub.com...

That is why he had to be sacrificed. Are you a Christian?

That one can be displaying unconditional Love one moment, and fall back into playing the ego game (but KNOWING that he is just playing a game) another... Jesus got angry, and he was/is our shining example of unconditional Love! You accuse Jesus?

King James Bible
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

biblehub.com...

I am not the one accusing anyone of anything. I am here for a divided nation.

Perhaps, not having experienced/Known His unconditional Love, you are in a poor place to 'accuse' (in your ignorance; = Knowledge = experience!), and in a much better place to 'listen' all the more closely. And question

He died for me, you, and the world. I have experienced it. That is why I speak of it. Your 'belief' seems to be in assumptions.

But the ego considers yourself a Xtian (while being unrecognizable to Jesus), and every word that I utter will burn. Jesus was tired and hungry and was looking forward to some figs... when no figs, he lost it and 'blasted' the poor little tree!

The Lord will curse who he will curse and bless who he will bless, for He is the Lord.

King James Bible
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

For you to believe that none are capable of such Love, and yet call yourself a Xtian decries delusion of the 'lowest' magnitude! You cannot call yourself a Xtian, according to Jesus, UNTIL you become unconditional Love!! There are a LOT of poseurs out there, eh?

I did not say none. You did. I believe there is one. Christ. I cannot say there are poseurs, I can only speak for myself.

That one can be displaying unconditional Love one moment, and fall back into playing the ego game (but KNOWING that he is just playing a game) another... Jesus got angry, and he was/is our shining example of unconditional Love! You accuse Jesus?

Jesus is the only one who is perfect in love, anger, or anything he chooses to be. I accuse Jesus of being my Savior. I am a simple man, who tries to live a simple life.

So, if you actually accept that your Jesus was the pinnacle of unconditional Love (intellectually, so far), then you have to accept that there are moments where we are less than unconditional Love, or that you simply cannot (yet) understand these things due to lack of experience, because you do not understand these things of Jesus.

There are many things in this life I do not understand. I don't claim to. I understand, as you call these things, of Jesus, you are the one saying that I don't. Once again. That is your 'belief'.

Ultimately, Love is the (state of) integration ('Healing') of that which was once 'fragmented', into One! Enlightenment is the same state of Love... Lover and Beloved are One!

Love is what I feel for my family. Love is not trying to tear someone down and make them like myself.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

You don't need to get so defensive. See? Philosophers are mind sharks. If you posted in 'religion' I wouldn't point out such trivial inconsistencies as an alleged follower of Jesus' unconditional Love mumbling a prayer like "Bless 'us'/let 'them' rot (at least by implication)". All is Self/One in unconditional Love there is no 'them', there is only Us/Self! You attempted to politicise the transcendental, what a mess... 'Beliefs' do not allow themselves to be critically examined.

To call an apology as getting defensive is very illogical. Philosophers are mind sharks? Not the one's who want to be taken seriously. You qualms of me posting in the philosophy forum have been explained. There is no religious forum, that I can find anyway. Only a conspiracy in religion forum.

Your mockery of my belief is something you have to resolve within yourself. I will not push my belief on anyone, but I will talk about it. I will conclude this interaction with some advice. It isn't what we think, that does harm to others. It is what we say and do. Thank you for expressing your 'belief' to me.

edit on 2-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

There is no religion forum. Only a conspiracy in Religion forum. I am glad you feel free to express your 'beliefs' on what is logical and illogical. My apologies for your 'belief' that I was getting personal.

Your childish emotional response means that I needn't waste my time reading the rest.
I said what needed to be said, and you can reconstruct your little egoic safe place at your leisure.
You have nothing to prove to me.
But then, you don't claim to be a 'namelessian', do you! *__-

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

I am afraid that it will take more than a few prayers to fix the problems of the nation and world.

Besides, not everyone has faith in the power of prayer or believes in God, what should they do to help?

My point is prayer is useful for some, but if you really want to effect change it takes actions and deeds, something that doesn't require prayer.

If you have faith then you trust God to handle it and should say thank you, he must know what is going on here, if he wants to act He/She/It/They will.

But just to be positive and contribute:

Most Merciful Allah, bestower of blessings and destroyer of evil desire, please let America learn how to not be ignorant and racist as a nation, never again let an ignorant racist get elected by ignorant and educated people alike who just don't know what they have done.

Be it so!

What an ass.

WTF is your problem? I don't even know you, so you are the ass for calling me one for no good reason.

I said nothing offensive or false. Sensitive little thing you are.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And back to the threads intended purpose.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Your childish emotional response means that I needn't waste my time reading the rest.
I said what needed to be said, and you can reconstruct your little egoic safe place at your leisure.
You have nothing to prove to me.
But then, you don't claim to be a 'namelessian', do you! *__-

If you can't logically debate them, insult them. I believe that is the height of a childish emotional response.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Please lord rid the world of the evil that has taken over. Please save and protect all of the innocent children who are living in misery. Please step in and make things right, show your people you love them. Things have gone too far, there has been too much pain and sadness for too long. The entire world is slipping into despair and your children are loosing hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Please lord rid the world of the evil that has taken over. Please save and protect all of the innocent children who are living in misery. Please step in and make things right, show your people you love them. Things have gone too far, there has been too much pain and sadness for too long. The entire world is slipping into despair and your children are loosing hope.

Thank you. The prayers of the desperate are powerful indeed. Bless you GoShred. Your heart is known, and this prayer is heard.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have faith that god will enlighten me as to which nations need's praying for...let me guess America?

Shouldn't this be in the Survival Forum and not philosophy and metaphysics? Just askin....

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you are going to pray for people, why not all? God forbid that your single prayer, alone, gets 'answered' and you wasted it like that!

God obviously has seen fit to not answer the common man's prayer - we're still under the yoke of naked predatory capitalism and the MIC

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have faith that god will enlighten me as to which nations need's praying for...let me guess America?

Shouldn't this be in the Survival Forum and not philosophy and metaphysics? Just askin....

You very well might be correct.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If you are going to pray for people, why not all? God forbid that your single prayer, alone, gets 'answered' and you wasted it like that!

God obviously has seen fit to not answer the common man's prayer - we're still under the yoke of naked predatory capitalism and the MIC

Perhaps he isn't praying hard enough? *__-

Perhaps it must get much worse before it gets better, despite what ignorant, shortsighted, vain man desires.
Doesn't 'right/wrong', 'good/bad'... generally hinge on our personal state of comfort?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That is true, but Patience is the key to Virtue. One with no Patience can not wait. One with Patience has all the time they need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join