It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting with Trump emboldens anti-vaccine activists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

by your logic the number of children abused by the catholic church and the billions they have paid out would also be statistically insignificant.

youre not very good at this.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Let's try and focus here.

Vaccines are considerably safer than catholic priests.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

Also, i happen to have a number of family members in health care, nurses and doctors, and i get first hand accounts of how the medical system fails and in some cases kill people. My wife right now is suing a dentist for malpractice her attorney believes its a slam dunk. My mother had a pile of unused staples left in her gut during a gall bladder removal. If you havent yourself or anyone you know and love experienced this kind of thing you should thank your lucky stars and not be so rude to others who have.

OH

MY

GOD

Are you telling me that the medical profession, run by humans, ISNT perfect? People make mistakes? Some people in it lie and some do bad things?

Holy sh*t dude. I think you are right to ignore the overwhelming good that is done because people are...well, people and screw up sometimes.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ha, lazy and stupid, I guess there's a first time to be called everything. I got hypocrite couple pages back. Got a group of winners here

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

Hey I hear Trump has a new cabinet position especially to oversee the testing of each vaccine manufactured. You should apply.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't care if you question him or not. I question him. He to my knowledge doesn't manufacture vaccines or has any oversight whatsoever. And even if he did, just as Skippy can't tell me how many roach legs are in the peanut butter nobody can tell me what's exactly in vaccines. Just stop.

So you must live your life hiding under your bed covers. The world is scary because you can't trust anything. Ever. Right?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You got me..
Actually I live my life building New York City with my bare hands to pay for my mortgage and my retirement. That's some eye you got there.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

All I know is I refused to get the flu vaccine for years prior and last year suffered with two different bouts of influenza which resulted in bronchitis then turning to pneumonia, and lasting three months. I phoned my doctor's office and asked if this year's flu vaccine covered all three strains and was informed it covers four, so I decided to try it. So, far, so good.

Let's hope Donald Trump can be swayed with progressive, evidence-based and results-oriented clinical trials.

Many new vaccines will be made possible with the development of a new type of vaccine called DNA vaccines. This type of vaccine actually injects the DNA needed to make a specific portion of the pathogen into the vaccine recipient. The potential immunity that could be gained from a DNA vaccine would be effective and last for a long time. In addition, DNA vaccines would have very few side effects because the vaccine only uses the necessary component of the bacteria or virus to make a small amount of antigen.

Adjuvants are vaccine additives that stimulate the immune system. They are a hot topic in the vaccine conversation and serve a very important purpose. New adjuvants will make current vaccines more effective and are key components for future vaccines. Current and future adjuvant safety is thoroughly investigated. The right adjuvant has the possibility to enhance the interaction between the vaccine antigen and the cells of the immune system. At this time, there are over 20 adjuvants in clinical trials for serious diseases including influenza, cancers, and HIV. While vaccines are very effective preventative care, shots can be painful. There are already needle- and pain-free vaccines that can be given as a nasal spray and taken orally, but researchers are coming close to releasing a new form of vaccine delivery called vaccine patches. These patches could be self-administered, distributed to a large number of people quickly, and helpful for kids (and adults!) who have a fear of needles.

Pregnant women, infants, individuals with certain allergies, and the immunocompromised cannot receive some vaccines. Developing vaccines for vulnerable populations is a main goal for public health officials and researchers. New vaccines are possible with increasing knowledge of the immune system, advances in vaccine technology, and adjuvant development.

www.immunizeforgood.com...
edit on 1-12-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

youre missing my point, which should be obvious if you werent so intent on one upmanship.

it actually doesnt matter if the number of REPORTED vaccine injuries is staggeringly low compared to the number of doses given.

What matters is that there were enough REPORTED injuries that were seen through the court process to actually be awarded compensation. Those cases were real. That was real money.

What you appear to be doing is committing the logical fallacy "argumentum ad populum" . Appealing to what is purported to be a huge majority of vaccines without reported side effects. The key word here is REPORTED.

If you were running a business you would interested in knowing why something failed or caused an injury, if for no other reason than to rule out a flaw in the product. The vaccine manufacturers have admitted to the danger by listing possible side effects in the inserts. That admission, combined with HUGE payouts by the vaccine court is enough evidence to require thoughtful people to consider the possibility of problems with vaccines themselves (ingredients), the manufacturing process, the delivery and storage of vaccines, the administration of vaccines, as well as the genetic profile of the person receiving the vaccines.

Doctors are practicing medieval level medicine by giving a one size fits all vaccine to people with profoundly varied biology.

For people who can afford it genome targeted medicine is a reality. For everyone else its hit and miss and ask no questions.

genomemag.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is my credo, if you believe in vaccines by any means vaccinate your babies from the time they show their head out of the womb, good for you, now your new born is a pin cushion, but leave those that wants to debate which vaccines to allow their newborn to get alone, what is your worry, obviously your littler pharma pin cushion is going to be protected right?

I always wonder why people think that they can push their believes on others by force.
edit on 1-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Because if there are many people who think differently they become unsure of themselves.
Despite all their research and concrete evidence.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This is soo funny, I am an adult women, I decided a few years ago to do volunteer work at the local big hospital, one of the requirements was to get tested and get the necessary TB test and hepatitis vaccine.

When my test came back they call me to tell me that I was missing a whole panel of childhood vaccines and had not antibodies for those diseases and that I needed to get them.

I said to them, that they most be kidding, at my age if I wasn't sick from missing those vaccines is not way in hell I will and It was no way in hell that I would get childhood vaccinations either.

I took the TB, no hepatitis and got to be a volunteer, no problem.

Is a joke.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Logically if we look at let's say polio, and all the people it twisted and killed. I think it is obvious that the vaccine was a huge success.

Now my question is why does an industry wants to circumvent the judicial system, want to limit damaged if their "safe" product does damage people. If I understand it correctly there is a special fund that is for vaccine injured people only.

Something just doesn't sound right.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

You got me..
Actually I live my life building New York City with my bare hands to pay for my mortgage and my retirement. That's some eye you got there.

Well why is it that you can trust the building materials you use to build these structures with? You didn't put eyes on these companies' productions to make sure they were all manufactured up to standards. So it reasons you should be highly distrust of them. That's your attitude towards medical science apparently. So why not extend that logic to everything in your life?

That support harness that keeps you from falling off the building while you work at high heights. Are you sure that it was made right and the maker didn't skimp on materials? How do you know?
edit on 1-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

its a good analogy.....except that the construction industry is rife with building codes and tons of accountability established by law.

vaccine makers have little to no accountability to the public and what accountability they have to regulatory agencies is hard to know since problems are handled mostly "in house".

in poorer countries where regulations are lax and there is no compelling reason to build or make things with exacting specs the people frequently do encounter roofs falling in, balconies falling, etc.

when the US gov removed the threat of litigation against vaccine manufacturers they removed the only real protection consumers have against faulty products. What other institutions, entities, businesses, have such carte blanche protection?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

its a good analogy.....except that the construction industry is rife with building codes and tons of accountability established by law.

vaccine makers have little to no accountability to the public and what accountability they have to regulatory agencies is hard to know since problems are handled mostly "in house".

As someone who works in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and has to deal with TONS of regulations for even IT stuff (my job field) you are lying so hard its not even funny. There are FAR more regulations that regulate medications than building codes. Don't even front with this # man. You are wrong.

We experience so many audits in a year. From the FDA to the MHRA to even clients conducting their own audits. There is more accountability from audits and people going over our work than you realize. Go read FDA's 21 CFR Parts 210 & 211 (and that's JUST for manufacturing medicine) then come back and tell me there isn't accountability to pharmaceutical production.

In fact, my company LITERALLY just got done with a major audit (like it finished this morning) and we don't even manufacture vaccines.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

we are talking about vaccines. Since you are so sure of your knowledge about vaccine regulations please enlighten me, with attention paid to public accountability. I wasnt lying, i specifically noted that whatever accountability vaccine manufacturers have is behind closed doors with the FDA, CDC and other orgs that are often staffed by agents working the revolving door between gov and big biz.

as others have pointed out, there are many meds that are fast tracked and do not endure the same vigorous vetting process of their competitors. Should i start finding the dozens of examples to prove my point?

please dont be so obtuse.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

we are talking about vaccines. Since you are so sure of your knowledge about vaccine regulations please enlighten me, with attention paid to public accountability. I wasnt lying, i specifically noted that whatever accountability vaccine manufacturers have is behind closed doors with the FDA, CDC and other orgs that are often staffed by agents working the revolving door between gov and big biz.

And I just told you that you don't know what you are talking about because I'm in a less tightly regulated part of medicine production and I still have to deal with tons of regulations including public audits. If a client asked for a audit of our production, we give it to them. The internet is lying to you. SURPRISE!

as others have pointed out, there are many meds that are fast tracked and do not endure the same vigorous vetting process of their competitors. Should i start finding the dozens of examples to prove my point?

please dont be so obtuse.

Lol. Giving a direct refutation of your bull# from my own personal experiences working in the industry you are attacking is being obtuse? You really just don't want to admit you were wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Good point krazy.
I am not mandated by government to be in this field. Its one of the most dangerous fields. I've done some crazy sh#t. All my choice. I've done things most people couldn't PHYSICALLY do for a million dollars. I could've said no and kept my job. Understand here what's worse than the ingredients is the forcefed shots. That don't sound like land of the free to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Getting a shot that can save your life as well as others by reducing contagion rates isn't the land of the free to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join