It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting with Trump emboldens anti-vaccine activists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

On the contrary. It's a broken system that requires reform. You want people to have confidence in vaccines? Then clean up the crap in the system that is causing harm to the public. It's really that simple.

You wouldn't eat at a restaurant if the food they served continued to get people sick, would you?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

You wouldn't eat at a restaurant if the food they served continued to get people sick, would you?

There are billions of doses of various vaccines administered around the world every single year.

If the track record was so bad you'd know it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The problem with Trump's anti-vaccine rhetoric is the same problem others have, which is scientific illiteracy and in many cases, outright denial.

It isn't a problem unique to him either.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

We do. It's just some people refuse to see it.

edit on 30-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

We do. It's just some people refuse to see it.

Based on what?

I've seen a lot of accusation and nothing concrete.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So insider whistleblowers are science illiterate?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Waiting on those sources.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I'll tell you what. I'll pull together several examples of credible problems in the approval and production system and reply here or even make another thread about it. We can then discuss it there. Fair?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'll tell you what. I'll pull together several examples of credible problems in the approval and production system and reply here or even make another thread about it. We can then discuss it there. Fair?

Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Do I strike you as someone who doesn't provide sources?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Roger that.

Honestly, I'm pro science and medicine. But very anti fraud and graft.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I'm very antifraud as well.

But it seems this conversation has conflated corporate machinations with the effectiveness of vaccines and their safety.

If there were widespread issues with vaccines we'd know it pretty fast. But there isn't. Vaccines have been around since the 1100s (called variolation, a primitive version of inoculation, first used against smallpox).

If we want to discuss processes of how vaccines are created, tested, approved, and eventually administered I'll be happy to have that conversation.

I'm not a person who engages in corporate vilification unless I have some solid evidence that I should be. For instance, I don't buy Nestle products because, quite frankly, they really are an evil corporation.

However I am all for GMOs, vaccines, implants and prosthetics of all kinds and any other technology or practice that has demonstrably made our lives better and longer.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The problem with Trump's anti-vaccine rhetoric is the same problem others have, which is scientific illiteracy and in many cases, outright denial.

It isn't a problem unique to him either.

Oh, I know.

But, they use the excuse "My kid was fine, then after the vaccination . . . "

There is a specific type Autism that does do that around that age - - - but NOT because of vaccines. Its just coincidental timing.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

However I am all for GMOs, vaccines, implants and prosthetics of all kinds and any other technology or practice that has demonstrably made our lives better and longer.

Someone else for GMO

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I go where the evidence leads.

There are over 2000 studies done on GMOs alone proving their safety and their benefits.

Also I can read an abstract. I really believe the antis think the mad scientist meme is real.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I go where the evidence leads.

There are over 2000 studies done on GMOs alone proving their safety and their benefits.

Also I can read an abstract. I really believe the antis think the mad scientist meme is real.

I'm sure.

I try to tell my kids GMOs are great. Just like trees are grafted to get better fruit, etc.

They are totally brainwashed by the Organic Health Food nuts. They even buy organic bananas and avocados.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

My biggest problem with anti-GMO people is the fact that their BS can be directly attributed to malnutrition and death as a result of starvation in many places around the world.

Greenpeace comes to mind.

edit on 1 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

My biggest problem with anti-GMO people is the fact that their BS can be directly attributed to malnutrition and death as a result of starvation in many places around the world.

Greenpeace comes to mind.

Guess we better get back to vaccines.

But, yes - - I watched a documentary from Africa

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Guess we better get back to vaccines.

Right you are.

But it is worth noting that many of the same organizations that promote anti-vaccine propaganda are the same ones that tell us GMOs are bad.

It isn't enough to be a denialist in one scientific discipline...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Here , I got this Vaccine that has a Tad of Mercury in it for you , Stick it in your Arm then let me know if you Die or Not . Don't TRUST Anyone with your Life Unless you are SURE they have your Best Interests at Heart . Best Advice my Dad Ever gave me ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join