It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump keeps DC swampy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Democrats were happy to point out the irony of Trump nominating a Wall Street stalwart as his Treasury secretary.

"So much for draining the swamp. Nominating Steve Mnuchin to be Treasury Secretary -- a billionaire hedge fund manager and Goldman Sachs alumnus who preyed on homeowners struggling during the recession -- is a slap in the face to voters who hoped he would shake up Washington," said Democratic National Committee spokesman Adam Hodge in a statement. "Trump is already heading into office as the most corrupt, conflicted, and unpopular president-elect in history, and now he's breaking his signature promise to the voters who elected him."

"There's a balance here," said Mike Shields, a CNN commentator and former GOP chief of staff who serves as president of the Congressional Leadership Fund. "This is a President-elect who is known for writing a book that is called 'The Art of the Deal,' and he is going to seek deals. And sometimes amongst conservatives, striking a deal can sound like a bad term."

LINK

Trump is going to make Washington even swampier if he can legalize torture as he's supposedly planning to do. Trump wants to undo one of the good things that Obama accomplished.

Donald Trump Promises to Expand Torture Laws

When Trump talks about "draining the swamp" he may mean it some ways, but he's going to try to make things worse in other ways. That's in a best-case scenario because I feel like Trump may not drain any part of the swamp at all.

As much as I despise legalizing torture, Trump was still the better choice over Clinton. I felt like we were on the brink of not only the swamp being destroyed but pretty much everything on Earth being destroyed if Hillary Clinton had been elected.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'll try not to jump to conclusions just yet, but I did vote for him and I'm skeptical to say the least.

That being said I'll stay open minded and optimistic and I'll bitch just as loud if most of the promises aren't met.

But I won't regret my decision. Hillary's corruption is out front for everyone to see, I don't feel I had a choice.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have questioned as well. You have to ask yourself, where do you find qualified people? Most are outsiders but some are definitely within at least the periphery of the establishment. Some are so outside even I question their qualifications.

Seems like a rock and a hard place to me. It will be up to him to keep them the perimeters of his goals.

I and others will be watching.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Munchkin left GS way back in 2004.

Hillary was sponsoring a bill to fine and imprison people for burning the flag in 2005.

Unhinged regressive dems claim Clinton's flag burner assault is ancient history and she has since evolved and changed.

How about giving Munchkin the same benefit of doubt?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

where do you find qualified people? Most are outsiders

Why would you assume that "outsiders" are automatically more qualified? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You missed the last of my response. it was "some are so outside even I question their qualifications".

Not brainwashed, just a realist.

Sounds to me you are trying to instigate an argument or make something out of nothing.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

"I'll try not to jump to conclusions just yet"..

How can you not jump to a conclusion? You already see whats happening in front of your face.

It seems many pro-Trumpers will remain in denial.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

If you Need a Plummer to do a Good Job for you , you don't Hire an Electrician . Steve Mnuchin is a Professional , and is Qualified to be Treasury Secretary . He will be Mr. Trump's Employee , Subject to his Bosses Approval . I do not see a Problem with that .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs. Not just any Wall Street reptile, then, but one of the Alligator Kings of the Swamp.

Folly never got its just desserts any better or faster than this. It hasn’t even taken a month for Trump to shaft his disciples. He hasn’t even assumed office yet, but he’s already sold them down the river

And they’re still making excuses for him. ‘Wait and see.’ ‘Set a thief to catch a thief.’

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite. So true.

edit on 1/12/16 by Astyanax because: even the ranks of Tuscany could scarce forbear to cheer.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I'm not a Trump supporter. I voted for him, there is a difference.

I have tangible facts that Hillary is corrupt. I know my government has been declining. This is a hail Mary that could just as well flop, I get it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There is literally nothing Trump can do to anger his staunch supporters. They'll keep saying "at least he isn't Hillary" meaning he can do whatever the hell he likes.

Sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I also read somewhere that General David Petraeus was working in conjunction with Gabby Giffords husband on gun control legislation. Still I to am optimistic.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Unhinged regressive dems... you mean the loud minority?

Everyone else just wants honest politics, and once again are not getting it. Those who voted for Trump and stated that they did so because he is a "straight talker" and would be honest with the people seem reluctant in the extreme to admit that they voted that way because their ignorance is so extreme as to be laughable.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i find it hilarious how everyone is condemning trump and we arent even a month out from him winning the election. you can find the same love and admiration with the obama supporters when he went against his campaign rhetoric when he was elected, the same with bush, clinton, reagen, etc. this is nothing new. anyone who is niave enough to believe the BS they spew when trying to be elected and those that freak out and cry "i told you so" deserve the ridicule they get

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

BBC news over here in The U.K has reported that to date Trump has appointed four Billionaires and several Millionaires to his new administration.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

BBC news over here in The U.K has reported that to date Trump has appointed four Billionaires and several Millionaires to his new administration.

Make of that what you will.

What I make of that is Mr. Trump is getting People in Government who Know How to Generate Wealth , this is a Good Thing . The Country can Only Prosper from that Experience considering for the last 30 Years All they have been doing is Wasting it . Solvency has it's Rewards .

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Congratulations America. This is what you voted for.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Ahem. I NEVER believed the BS Trump spewed on the campaign trail and called him a con man from day 1.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'll try not to jump to conclusions just yet, but I did vote for him and I'm skeptical to say the least.

That being said I'll stay open minded and optimistic and I'll bitch just as loud if most of the promises aren't met.

But I won't regret my decision. Hillary's corruption is out front for everyone to see, I don't feel I had a choice.

Pretty much in line with how I view it as well, with the exception that I didn't vote for him.

It was pretty clear that she was already what Trump would likely become , so with him you a had a .001% chance of hope vs 0% with her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join