It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Even President Yet, And Helping Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I can't see why there couldn't be a specific law strictly for American companies seperate from foreign companies.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I AM enthusiastic because HC wasn't elected. The only way is up, up, UP!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

We don't need to know the details. We know that the business would not keep the 1000 jobs there unless they could be sure of "making more money" by doing so, than by moving the jobs.

That may or may not be right. They could have had a talk about what being American should truly mean. But I believe you are right about they don't want to lose money, at least not much money.

We know that Donald Trump did not pay the business out of his own pocket, because he himself is a business man, and business men always use "other people's money" to do the deals. So, it's a guarantee that The Donald promised "tax payers money" to compensate the business for the opportunity loss in staying in America vs moving to Mexico.

I believe Trump or Pence offered them $700,000.00 a year in some form or another. They claimed they would lose $65,000,000.00 a year in profit, if they don't move. I wonder why they would stay for that amount? 1000 jobs + (around)$50,000 dollars a year = $50,000,000.00. Something doesn't seem to add up. I think it is time people started asking how much is enough? Greed is the big one we need to address.

It then just becomes a question of how exactly the tax payers money would end up in the pockets of the company.

I would have no problem with this if it keeps the American people working. One of the things Trump said in his campaigns is, "In order to be great again, this nation must get rich again." I think he is right about that, from a we need more jobs point of view.

One theory is that Donald promised to give lucrative military contracts to the parent of the company. After all, Donald promised the American people that he would build the strongest military in the world, restoring America's might, as if that might was ever in question. And the pricing for military hardware and services are right there on the high end of the scale. So, the American tax payer will pay for those 1000 jobs with military contracts to the parent company. This is the most likely scenario. It just shifts the financial burden from the state to the United States tax payer. Donald is already "spreading the wealth around", just what the Republicans blame Democrats of doing, using other peoples money to fund Government activities that benefit whomsoever.

If that is true, that would be a great deal for them and America. He will be keeping the money in America. That is what a lot of people seem to forget, or just don't think of. If you keep most of the money here in America, we could become a very rich nation very fast. To do that the government should make deals with these companies or levy large tariffs on any imports that company plans on sending back to us. It will make it very hard for the company to say no. Trump is all about leverage. The regular guy on the street just wants a job, where he can make decent money to survive and take care of his family. If you mean that more people who have jobs and pays in to a system that keeps their companies strong then yeah, he will be spreading the wealth around. Republicans are not against that idea, they just believe you should work for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
With the plethora of companies leaving the state's would it be legal or possible to individually hit them with tarrifs if such a move is made? Seems reasonable to me you can still move if you wish but to do business with your biggest consumer base, the American people, you have to pay the import taxes as a penalty.
Then there's no need for incentives to stay.
And eliminates any motive to leave.

If our congress and senate would work together it would. The republicans tried to stop Obama's plan as much as they could. It is finally time to put people who actually care about making America great in the seats of power. And if not Trump can just by pass congress and the senate the way Obama did.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You can't hit an American company with such tariffs for moving to Mexico, unless you also hit all foreign companies that produce competing products with the same tariffs. In which case, it evens out the score, since the American company producing in Mexico will have the same pricing as all offshore competitors. Only if there's a US based competitor will the tariffs work.

I agree that he can't, but Trump can. Trump is going to renegotiate our trade deals with other countries anyway. He is a business man after all.

That means tariffs on all foreign goods that are similar to goods produced in America, are required to ensure American companies stay home.

Exactly.

That starts a trade war, with American goods being hit with tariffs in those countries which it now exports to.

And that also starts a campaign in the largest consumer country to buy American. If the other countries prices are so high to buy, they the market, for making those same products or most, here in America will explode.

If the solution was simple, it would have been done long ago.

The government has been corrupt for years now. They have been looking out for their own interests not America's interests.

The Donald is selling smoke and mirrors.

A smart guy from this thread gave me some good advice. We will have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I can't see why there couldn't be a specific law strictly for American companies seperate from foreign companies.

Do we want it to be separate? If you make the tariffs the same for both foreign and domestic, it would give the companies that stay in America the benefit of being here and taking advantage of the tax breaks, which should be use to foster more jobs, for the growth of the company.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Because it would be grossly unfair to allow a Chinese company producing "Air Conditioners" to be able to sell those "Made In China" products into the US market without "tariffs", while the American company, building competing "Air Conditioners" with the "Designed in USA, Made in Mexico" labels, had to pay 35% tariff on their units to bring them back into the US.

Especially, since the Americans can vote for their government, and would vote them out of power after such unfair rules.

The idea is to give the American Cos. an advantage, not a handicap, in trying to do business in the USA.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Glad to see him instantly take action. Not just here but he's slowly doing it with big players first. Most of which, like Bill Gates, rather hates. Good to see Ford, Microsoft and others to put roots here. Not President, much more to come....obviously.

For first time in a very long time, I am proud to be an American. Guy who isn't looking to retire, but pissed he can't retire while we struggled to change America. I think Obama had big dreams, but you need lobbist money. You need George Soros just to be heard. Best evidence is how he choked after CIA briefing 8 years ago. Finally someone who doesn't need Rothschild, Rockefellers, Soros, Winston-Salem, and others influencing and running country. Not that Obama was liar, do best can do with money backed puppeteers.

Ron Paul would of been great one. Sadly... he just don't have the money. Trump has that same ambition and energy but money to become president. How he got that money? Good buisness. He didn't rob a bank, didn't cause warfare to get rich, he rolled up his sleeves to go to work.

Off topic a little, but with Smokey Mountain fires and trump being a good man, he was first to call our Mayor hours before Obama offered national guard and FEMA, we waited hours to confirm. As I recall Obama never even checked in on us. Trump did multiple times. Just made news look our way. President Elect showed more passion and sympathy than Obama who had to wake up his media goons.

FEMA's permission to use their planes to water tank fires we couldn't reach by truck was crucial and never happened. It's simple yes or no. Why wait for bodies? Not like it happens every year.. Not like we soak up your precious tax dollars.

PS: was nothing to prove to Tennessee, we loved him unanimously already. No political foot hold to gain, it's already here.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shr00mz
Glad to see him instantly take action. Not just here but he's slowly doing it with big players first. Most of which, like Bill Gates, rather hates. Good to see Ford, Microsoft and others to put roots here. Not President, much more to come....obviously.

For first time in a very long time, I am proud to be an American. Guy who isn't looking to retire, but pissed he can't retire while we struggled to change America. I think Obama had big dreams, but you need lobbist money. You need George Soros just to be heard. Best evidence is how he choked after CIA briefing 8 years ago. Finally someone who doesn't need Rothschild, Rockefellers, Soros, Winston-Salem, and others influencing and running country. Not that Obama was liar, do best can do with money backed puppeteers.

Ron Paul would of been great one. Sadly... he just don't have the money. Trump has that same ambition and energy but money to become president. How he got that money? Good buisness. He didn't rob a bank, didn't cause warfare to get rich, he rolled up his sleeves to go to work.

Off topic a little, but with Smokey Mountain fires and trump being a good man, he was first to call our Mayor hours before Obama offered national guard and FEMA, we waited hours to confirm. As I recall Obama never even checked in on us. Trump did multiple times. Just made news look our way. President Elect showed more passion and sympathy than Obama who had to wake up his media goons.

FEMA's permission to use their planes to water tank fires we couldn't reach by truck was crucial and never happened. It's simple yes or no. Why wait for bodies? Not like it happens every year.. Not like we soak up your precious tax dollars.

PS: was nothing to prove to Tennessee, we loved him unanimously already. No political foot hold to gain, it's already here.

God Bless you guys. I hope the fire gets under control. I cannot dispute anything you have wrote here. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Understood but I never said there shouldn't be import tariffs across the board, I mean our exports are tariffs. But if you are here the penalty should make it unprofitable to leave here due to our job market being part of how I see it national security.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shr00mz Finally someone who doesn't need Rothschild, Rockefellers, Soros, Winston-Salem, and others influencing and running country. Not that Obama was liar, do best can do with money backed puppeteers.

Wow. Have you seen the people he's bringing in to 'run the country' ? Billionaires so out-of-touch with the rest of us and so intrinsically linked to big business it's almost unbelievable. It's way too early to declare victory for the majority of us. He talks a good game but what I'm seeing doesn't really align with his 'save the working class' sales pitch.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It should be pointed out that then-governor Pence was approached by Carrier in 2014 looking for help in keeping jobs in the state. This was before they began construction of their factory in Mexico. Pence declined to help. But here we are 2yrs later, the Mexico factory is nearly complete and NOW he wants to help. So was this about doing what is 'right' for the US and the State of IL or is it merely another PR stunt? If Pence had REALLY wanted to help wouldn't he have done that back in 2014? Carrier isn't building that factory and planning to leave it vacant.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
President-Elect Trump is living up to his promises.

On Wednesday, Carrier announced that after negotiations with President-elect Donald Trump, “nearly 1,000” jobs would stay. A formal announcement about the deal will be made Thursday in Indianapolis when Trump and Vice president-elect Mike Pence travel to the plant.

www.westernjournalism.com... ontent=2016-11-30&utm_campaign=manualpost

Though I know he will have his short comings and his battles, it does this old heart good to see that he is actually helping these people.
Maybe, just maybe there is still a glimmer of hope for this country.

I can't wait to see how he handles congress and the senate. Will he prevail? Will he fail? Stay tuned in folks, for we are living in a very exciting time in history.

Carr ier gets tax breaks, but it's still sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico
What a win for the little guy!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If the deal involved keeping jobs in Indiana through incentives offered by the state, why didn't the Governor of Indiana, Mike Pence, do it prior to the election?

Because he was planning on being governor and would have to deal with the repercussions: every manufacturer in the state demanding the same deal. Now Suzanne Crouch will have to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wrong, Trump gave them 7 million dollars in incentives to stay. The man is a menace.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: Shr00mz Finally someone who doesn't need Rothschild, Rockefellers, Soros, Winston-Salem, and others influencing and running country. Not that Obama was liar, do best can do with money backed puppeteers.

Wow. Have you seen the people he's bringing in to 'run the country' ? Billionaires so out-of-touch with the rest of us and so intrinsically linked to big business it's almost unbelievable. It's way too early to declare victory for the majority of us. He talks a good game but what I'm seeing doesn't really align with his 'save the working class' sales pitch.

Would you rather he fills his cabinet with pizza delivery boys? You want someone who have proven to be successful in their personal life, so they can try to make this country more successful. More jobs.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
It should be pointed out that then-governor Pence was approached by Carrier in 2014 looking for help in keeping jobs in the state. This was before they began construction of their factory in Mexico. Pence declined to help. But here we are 2yrs later, the Mexico factory is nearly complete and NOW he wants to help. So was this about doing what is 'right' for the US and the State of IL or is it merely another PR stunt? If Pence had REALLY wanted to help wouldn't he have done that back in 2014? Carrier isn't building that factory and planning to leave it vacant.

Trump is the one that wants to help. Pence has to go along with it. Now I think your just trying to reach a little far just to find anything to complain about.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Carr ier gets tax breaks, but it's still sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico What a win for the little guy!

Yes. Let us not talk about the jobs that are staying, that would imply something is at least trying to be done. No we can't give that to man who isn't even President yet. It could have been 2300 jobs gone. But now it isn't. If you don't think that is a win for working man here in America, then your perspective of this country is very skewed. Companies have been leaving left and right for years now, and our Government has done nothing about it. Trump is at least trying. And I would speculate that the winds of fortune may impart a breeze on the face of America.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Wrong, Trump gave them 7 million dollars in incentives to stay. The man is a menace.

Yes, a scoundrel, who just happened to have kept 50 million dollars a year in this country that those workers will earn. So what he gave a company incentives. If they need them to be viable to exist here in America, then they should get them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join