It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best magic trick in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well this is supposedly the greatest magic trick ever performed anywhere. It was done by Mike Super and he claims to use a demon I think. to perform his trick and the entity allegedly goes by the name of "Desmond" or "Desmond" I think. He also made pyramids appear on his hands.

Is this complete BS? is the show and the crowd in on the trick. I

Isn't this trick a little too spectacular?
edit on 30-11-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

I hate magicians, but i cant stop watching them, but afterwards i want to .... Desmond told me !!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Keyword "trick"
otherwise it's wizardry.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
Isn't this trick a little too spectacular?

I think that the essential word here is; 'trick'.

trick
trik/Submit
noun
a cunning or skillful act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone.
"he's a double-dealer capable of any mean trick"
synonyms: stratagem, ploy, ruse, scheme, device, maneuver, contrivance, machination, artifice, wile, dodge; More

verb
deceive or outwit (someone) by being cunning or skillful.
"buyers can be tricked by savvy sellers"
synonyms: deceive, delude, hoodwink, mislead, take in, dupe, fool, double-cross, cheat, defraud, swindle, gull, hoax, bamboozle, entrap; More

adjective
intended or used to deceive or mystify, or to create an illusion.
"a trick question"

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Etymology

trick (n.)
early 15c., "a cheat, a mean ruse," from Old North French trique "trick, deceit, treachery, cheating," from trikier "to deceive, to cheat," variant of Old French trichier "to cheat, trick, deceive," of uncertain origin, probably from Vulgar Latin *triccare, from Latin tricari "be evasive, shuffle," from tricæ "trifles, nonsense, a tangle of difficulties," of unknown origin.

Meaning "a roguish prank" is recorded from 1580s; sense of "the art of doing something" is first attested 1610s. Meaning "prostitute's client" is first attested 1915; earlier it was U.S. slang for "a robbery" (1865). To do the trick "accomplish one's purpose" is from 1812; to miss a trick "fail to take advantage of opportunity" is from 1889; from 1872 in reference to playing the card-game of whist, which might be the original literal sense. Trick-or-treat is recorded from 1942. Trick question is from 1907.

--

magic (adj.)
late 14c., from Old French magique, from Latin magicus "magic, magical," from Greek magikos, from magike (see magic (n.)). Magic carpet first attested 1816. Magic Marker (1951) is a registered trademark (U.S.) by Speedry Products, Inc., Richmond Hill, N.Y. Magic lantern "optical instrument whereby a magnified image is thrown upon a wall or screen" is 1690s, from Modern Latin laterna magica.

magic (n.)
late 14c., "art of influencing events and producing marvels using hidden natural forces," from Old French magique "magic, magical," from Late Latin magice "sorcery, magic," from Greek magike (presumably with tekhne "art"), fem. of magikos "magical," from magos "one of the members of the learned and priestly class," from Old Persian magush, possibly from PIE *magh- (1) "to be able, to have power" (see machine). Transferred sense of "legerdemain, optical illusion, etc." is from 1811. Displaced Old English wiccecræft (see witch); also drycræft, from dry "magician," from Irish drui "priest, magician" (see druid).

---

Holy Sh#t that was easier by just refering to what it really means.. Your welcome Miss PowerRanger Rainbow

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Etymology

trick (n.)
early 15c., "a cheat, a mean ruse," from Old North French trique "trick, deceit, treachery, cheating," from trikier "to deceive, to cheat," variant of Old French trichier "to cheat, trick, deceive," of uncertain origin, probably from Vulgar Latin *triccare, from Latin tricari "be evasive, shuffle," from tricæ "trifles, nonsense, a tangle of difficulties," of unknown origin. ...

Ok, so when one uses any definition of 'magic' followed by 'trick', we have a meaning that precludes the movie representation of 'real magic'.

Your welcome Miss PowerRanger Rainbow

Are you responding to someone else also, or are you calling me names, for some reason?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well, no i just wanted to show where the meaning behind the word lies, you didnt like the name?

This is awesome!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I called it a magic trick, he just calls it magic.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Is that what Power Rangers look like nowadays?!

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Well, no i just wanted to show where the meaning behind the word lies, you didnt like the name?

I didn't understand it.
Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's called the distraction technique. Just because you hear his voice does not mean he's under the blanket. The moment the blanket covered him he was gone. He had to have time to move to the place he was supposed to have "teleported" to and that's why the "judges" waffled on to give him time. Do not ever, ever believe them when they say no camera trick was involved.
Technically it wasn't a camera trick, buuuttt, it was more a case of where the camera was positioned, because if a camera was positioned right you would see him "escaping round the back.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Did you know that Harry Houdini (one of the greatest magicians/escape artists EVER) was so disgusted by Spiritualism and saw it as a farce that he would travel around the country in disguise to expose these frauds? Even Houdini was under no illusions that he was just performing elaborate tricks to please the audience.

So yea. Any magician telling you that it's ACTUALLY magic they are doing when they perform their tricks (key word there) is lying to you. ESPECIALLY if the trick was recorded on video. It's so easy to edit video to make a trick look real.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
No respectable demon would ever call himself Desmond.. it's always something with axas, oteph, ariel, stuff like that..

Like Azaraxas, Sathariel or Zateph..

Also, total hoax.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's so easy to edit video to make a trick look real.

Yep , with technology and the willingness of the msm and hollywood to bs the people i dont understand how anyone can enjoy magcians in todays world.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It is actually a pretty old illusion - well a combination of two, with a slightly new twist, but not by leaps and bounds. It was OK, but I've seen a much better version of it recently on Fool Us (Penn and Tell).

As was already said earlier - any magician that claims that a trick is more than an illusion is simply "full of it". That's why Criss Angel is so hated by other illusionists - because he claims to be more than an illusionist. Well that and his obvious use of rent-a-crowd and camera tricks.

And that is why I love Penn & Teller so much. They are completely honest about what it is they do.

As for the demon part? (Desmond?) The idea is a direct copy and paste from 13 Ghosts and doesn't address the gaping hole at the top of the "chamber". So demons are bound by gravity and the laws of physics? Doesn't that conflict with the idea of a demon giving "super powers". Obvious BS is obvious.
edit on 3/12/2016 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join