It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in Midtown gold flake theft, 9 29 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's used in the jewelry industry to gold plate items. They were making a delivery. I would imagine that 1.2 worth of gold flake could gold plate multiple millions of pieces of jewelry. Or he could smelt into nuggets or bars and simply sell it. I just have a feeling it's not a random of an act as there making out to be. a reply to: kosmicjack

edit on 30-11-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Seems a bit of an inside job to me.

Right at the front of the truck and the guy knew what it was straight away just says it to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Well, I have an interesting update on this.

Back in the spring I had some work done on my gutters by a company who I will not name but one of the workmen was named Julio Nivelo who happened to live in New Jersey. Looks like he had a second occupation:

Nivelo is a career thief from New Jersey who has been arrested seven times and deported back to his native Ecuador four times, police said in a story by The Associated Press. Source

The photos released look pretty much the same as the guy who came out to perform the work. I called NYPD tips and reported what I knew and they stated, 'Yeah, we knew that.'

edit on 21-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

new topics

<< 1   >>

join