It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Says Abducted Calif. mom was branded by captors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: namelesss

a reply to: namelesss

If you were kidnapped and tortured i don't think you would call it a positive thing, i don't care how enlightened you think you are. There is nothing positive about it.

She will suffer with PTSD for the rest of her life. If it was me i would move out of that town, because i would always fear them coming back unless they're caught.

I have never been kidnapped, so am ignorant of what a kidnapped person goes through, but I have been tortured (skin sliced and ripped, bones crushed with pliers...), so I speak from Knowledge/experience.

You?

Blessings are painful.

No I've never been tortured. I'm sorry to hear that you were. I'm glad that you have found your own way of dealing with it through your faith. I can't see myself ever thinking it a positive thing or a blessing.

Perhaps, you'll never have to 'Know'.
Usually there is sufficient pain in a life for the 'extremity' of 'torture' to be left for the 'Blessed' few! *__-

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Although I agree with you, in that, suffering is the path to enlightenment, perhaps this is not the venue for it. Pearls before swine, my friend.

Seems a bit harsh, all Perspectives are unique and of the same One Reality...

I recently had a discussion with my mother that the world seems to be more animalistic than it was a generation ago. Our suffering at the hands of these animals is ours and ours alone to carry; a curse and a blessing.

Interesting... I hear these words every generation! *__-

I wish the victim(s) well and hope in all this we each find our own ways toward the light, even the furthest from.

Amen!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: TheLotLizard

That is strange. I do recall it being reported that the person who helped her said she had long blond hair. Why would they lie about her hair getting chopped off. Very odd.

A possibility is that even after they cut it it was still longish. Her hair was really long in the photos, so to her husband, even cutting it to her shoulders would be considered chopping it. But a witness describing her might still call it long, just as opposed to short.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes, overdue. I recommend a freedom arms .454 casull for the operating tool.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Good point. If her hair was cut but still had some length that would explain it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If you were kidnapped and tortured i don't think you would call it a positive thing, i don't care how enlightened you think you are. There is nothing positive about it.

She will suffer with PTSD for the rest of her life. If it was me i would move out of that town, because i would always fear them coming back unless they're caught.

What's positive to me is how you work forward.

You can own it - - or it can own you.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I live in Redding too and I think it involves sex trafficking. Sex traffickers often brand their victims with tattoos to show ownership.

www.dailykos.com...

There is a new disgusting trend that further dehumanizes victims of human trafficking/slavery. Pimps and perpetrators are now branding their victims. One way they are claiming ownership is with tattoos.

CNN spoke with other trafficked girls who said pimps are now asking their captives to do more than just sell their bodies. Some of their new duties include carjacking, holding their weaponry/guns, robbing men who come to buy sex, and holding drugs. See the money and the longevity of the “product being sold” many drug runners have take over prostitution rings.

I saw a report this morning that they are investigating the sex trafficking angle. What i don't understand is why would they target this woman and release her? I thought sex traffickers took young girls or guys to sell them.

An expert on sex trafficking said that her injuries are consistent with what sex traffickers do to their victims. But it doesn't make sense to me on why they would target her.
You live in Redding.. so what do the locals think about this?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What she went through was horrible and I hope she does overcome somehow. She seems to have a very supportive family and i wish her the best.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, having lived in California for a while and having friends that speak Spanish, I am pretty sure she would know Spanish when she heard it but what if she didn't or what if the reports are being skewed.
What if the women were wearing balaclavas or whatever that middle-eastern headgear is called? And, what if the message was about women's freedom to jog or be out in running outfits here in America?

So maybe they spoke some middle eastern language and maybe the branding were words related to ISIS. I could see the officials not wanting that out.

Yes, it is a lot of hypothetical there but I am trying to make sense of what the differences in witness/law/news accounts could be. I would think that if the criminals are still a danger to others, then they would want to get the best descriptions out there to get help solving this.

I may be grasping at nothing but I am perplexed right now.

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
They said that her hair was chopped off yet the person who found her reported that she had long blonde hair.

Getting spooky weird..

What kind of red herring are we being fed here.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Put your money on it it has everything to do with Trump.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

If that is something within the realm of possibility, then it's also possible she was less than compliant and they figured she was more trouble than she was worth to them, and not worth to potential aftermath if they killed her outright.

Personally however,I think it's much more likely to be a grudge, whatever it stems from. This could be a couple of whackadoodles pissed to high hell that she beat them to the parking spot they wanted, or she didn't acknowledge a mundane comment or something (people have done much worse over less)

As far as the conflicting info over her hair goes, I don't think there's any conflict, but rather, one of two explanations. Either she had it partially hacked off (very possible if someone was looking to humiliate her) or the motorist that spotted her has a different opinion on what constitutes long. I don't consider mine short nor long at barely shoulder length, it's medium length. Others who think in terms of absolutes call it just long, or short, depending on their own view of lengths.

Either way, this poor woman went through something very effed up, regardless of reason. I can't imagine the mental trauma.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
Put your money on it it has everything to do with Trump.

So now the 'Race Card' has turned into the 'Trump Card'...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Sherri looks very young for her age, my son knows her husband Kieth. We think it was sex Trafficking, and that her husbands family who are wealthy, paid a ransom to get her back. I also think because her face was plastered everywhere, her abductors would risk one recognizing her and turn them in for the reward.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks for that information. I didn't know her husband's family is wealthy. I thought he just worked at Best Buy. That does put a whole new spin on it. Kidnapping for ransom. I hope the truth comes out, whatever it is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join