It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Says Abducted Calif. mom was branded by captors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Sherri Papini went missing on Nov 2 while out jogging. Her husband found her cell phone down the street but no other signs of her. She was found on Nov 22 after flagging down a motorist still bound in restraints.

The Sheriff is saying that they are looking for a dark SUV with 2 Hispanic women. It appears that she was beaten, tortured, her hair cut off and nearly starved to death.

What's done is done, I wonder how this intense experience has and will affect her life?
I bet there is much positive to be gained!

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!" - Zen Kahuna

“Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.”
― Rumi

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
--- Rumi

"I say that next to God there is no nobler thing than suffering. Right suffering is the mother of all virtues, for right suffering so subdues the heart, it cannot rise to pride but perforce is lowly." - Meister Eckhart

"Harkee, all rational souls! The swiftest steed to bear you to your goal is suffering; none shall ever taste eternal bliss but those who stand with Christ in depths of bitterness. Nothing is more gall-bitter than suffering, nothing so honey-sweet as to have suffered. The most sure foundation for this perfection is humility, for he whose nature here creeps in deepest depths shall soar in spirit to highest height of Deity.' - Meister Eckhart

"The growth of the soul in man is as that of a pearl in an oyster, both being caused by irritation." - Plato

Pain and Blessing/Bliss are One Reality!
The only difference is a matter of Perspective!
"The immature run from Pain, the Wise find the Blessing within!" - n

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!" - n

edit on 30-11-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Sherri Papini went missing on Nov 2 while out jogging. Her husband found her cell phone down the street but no other signs of her. She was found on Nov 22 after flagging down a motorist still bound in restraints.

The Sheriff is saying that they are looking for a dark SUV with 2 Hispanic women. It appears that she was beaten, tortured, her hair cut off and nearly starved to death.

What's done is done, I wonder how this intense experience has and will affect her life?

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!" - Zen Kahuna

Much positive as in a lifelong haunting of PTSD and thousands of pills of prescription xanax.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Much positive as in a lifelong haunting of PTSD and thousands of pills of prescription xanax.

That is another possibility.
Depends on who and what she is.
Even the Enlightened can have a headache.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

That is strange. I do recall it being reported that the person who helped her said she had long blond hair. Why would they lie about her hair getting chopped off. Very odd.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

If you were kidnapped and tortured i don't think you would call it a positive thing, i don't care how enlightened you think you are. There is nothing positive about it.

She will suffer with PTSD for the rest of her life. If it was me i would move out of that town, because i would always fear them coming back unless they're caught.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

If you were kidnapped and tortured i don't think you would call it a positive thing, i don't care how enlightened you think you are. There is nothing positive about it.

She will suffer with PTSD for the rest of her life. If it was me i would move out of that town, because i would always fear them coming back unless they're caught.

I have never been kidnapped, so am ignorant of what a kidnapped person goes through, but I have been tortured (skin sliced and ripped, bones crushed with pliers...), so I speak from Knowledge/experience.

You?

Blessings are painful.

edit on 30-11-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are claims from some sources that Sherri Papini might have been racist, including have a blog ranting against Latinos, but the sources have conflicting information and are not trustworthy enough to source here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Although I agree with you, in that, suffering is the path to enlightenment, perhaps this is not the venue for it. Pearls before swine, my friend.

I recently had a discussion with my mother that the world seems to be more animalistic than it was a generation ago. Our suffering at the hands of these animals is ours and ours alone to carry; a curse and a blessing.

I wish the victim(s) well and hope in all this we each find our own ways toward the light, even the furthest from.

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have never been kidnapped, so am ignorant of what a kidnapped person goes through, but I have been tortured (skin sliced and ripped, bones crushed with pliers...), so I speak from Knowledge/experience.

You?

Blessings are painful.

No I've never been tortured. I'm sorry to hear that you were. I'm glad that you have found your own way of dealing with it through your faith. I can't see myself ever thinking it a positive thing or a blessing.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Well you know what they say, some guy named Neechy or something

Studies have shown that some trauma survivors report positive changes and enhanced personal development, called post traumatic growth (PTG). PTG refers to any beneficial change resulting from a major life crisis or traumatic event, but people most commonly experience a positive shift by having a renewed appreciation for life; adopting a new world view with new possibilities for themselves; feeling more personal strength; feeling more satisfied spiritually, and/or their relationships improve.

www.thebestbrainpossible.com...

Given enough time of course, I think she will find her strength.

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If it turns out to be true that she is a racist, that possibly could be the motive for such a horrible attack. It does seem extremely personal and not random. That motive seems to make the most sense so far.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Exactly. This is why I believe so few details have been disclosed. The investigators are reluctant to tell the whole story here.

Doesn't the article itself admit that it's rare that women are the abductors of other women? If I were pretending to be a psychic detective, I'd say there is a specific reason this happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Exactly. This is why I believe so few details have been disclosed. The investigators are reluctant to tell the whole story here.

Doesn't the article itself admit that it's rare that women are the abductors of other women? If I were pretending to be a psychic detective, I'd say there is a specific reason this happened.

I agree. With race relations so tense these days investigators probably don't want to fan the flames by saying this was the motive. I'm not saying it was, just speculating, but it could be.

It is rare for women to kidnap other women, as another poster pointed there are cases of women trying to steal another's baby. Although in those cases, they usually end up killing the mother trying to get the baby.

These kidnappers were sending a message, literally.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I heard there is also an ex-husband in her past which could lead to possible speculation on that front.

I can't imagine that poor woman's terror with what she had to endure, and how horrible the road to recovery will be for her. At least I hope her children aren't old enough to be affected or scarred by her ordeal since she seems to be such a really, really good mother. And too I certainly hope she doesn't blame herself for what happened. That alone can be worse than the actual ordeal itself, because self recriminations can last a lifetime .

At any rate, I hope she and her family heal quickly and fully as possible

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

― Rumi

--- Rumi

"I say that next to God there is no nobler thing than suffering. Right suffering is the mother of all virtues, for right suffering so subdues the heart, it cannot rise to pride but perforce is lowly." - Meister Eckhart

"Harkee, all rational souls! The swiftest steed to bear you to your goal is suffering; none shall ever taste eternal bliss but those who stand with Christ in depths of bitterness. Nothing is more gall-bitter than suffering, nothing so honey-sweet as to have suffered. The most sure foundation for this perfection is humility, for he whose nature here creeps in deepest depths shall soar in spirit to highest height of Deity.' - Meister Eckhart

"The growth of the soul in man is as that of a pearl in an oyster, both being caused by irritation." - Plato

Positives? That's still well wishing at best even if one wants to tie it into religion.
Most likely she will deal with what happened for the rest of her life, closure isn't always the end of pain and suffering.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I also believe is a personal attack and not a random one, perhaps somebody was jealous or with some crazy crush on the husband.

Random white woman out for jog gets chained branded beaten and starved then released by Hispanic women......hate crime domestic terror.
The message was that she be found and put on the news for all to see. Alt Left anti trumpers most likely. Won't know for sure till what the branding was gets reported.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
All the articles I've read only reported that the two Hispanic women released the victim. That doesn't mean they were the ones who abducted her or the only ones who tortured her. There could have been more people involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I live in Redding too and I think it involves sex trafficking. Sex traffickers often brand their victims with tattoos to show ownership.

www.dailykos.com...

There is a new disgusting trend that further dehumanizes victims of human trafficking/slavery. Pimps and perpetrators are now branding their victims. One way they are claiming ownership is with tattoos.

CNN spoke with other trafficked girls who said pimps are now asking their captives to do more than just sell their bodies. Some of their new duties include carjacking, holding their weaponry/guns, robbing men who come to buy sex, and holding drugs. See the money and the longevity of the “product being sold” many drug runners have take over prostitution rings.
edit on 30-11-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Damn. She was found very close to where I live. I'll have to check my local newspaper to see if it has any good information.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

― Rumi

--- Rumi

Positives? That's still well wishing at best even if one wants to tie it into religion.
Most likely she will deal with what happened for the rest of her life, closure isn't always the end of pain and suffering.

You are right, there are many possible outcomes.
I presented one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join