It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sheriff Says Abducted Calif. mom was branded by captors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sherri Papini went missing on Nov 2 while out jogging. Her husband found her cell phone down the street but no other signs of her. She was found on Nov 22 after flagging down a motorist still bound in restraints.

The Sheriff is saying that they are looking for a dark SUV with 2 Hispanic women. It appears that she was beaten, tortured, her hair cut off and nearly starved to death.

This story is stranger than fiction. Its almost unheard of for a woman to be kidnapped by other women. She says their faces were covered by masks the entire time.

The Sheriff says that the Brand was a message and not a symbol. Any theories out there on Why they would abduct this woman and torture and brand her and then release her? She appears to just be a regular Mom and wife just out for a jog. Crazy people out there. Hope they find the captors.

Papini’s husband Keith has said his 34-year-old wife was emaciated, covered with bruises and burns and was chained at the waist and wrists when she was found along Interstate 5 near Sacramento on Thanksgiving. She was about 150 miles south of where she disappeared on Nov. 2 after going for a jog near Redding. Keith Papini said his wife had endured mental and physical abuse and was beaten repeatedly.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 30-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Seems a case of severe envy of the blue eyed blond who was in running shape. Very sick!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Seems a case of severe envy of the blue eyed blond who was in running shape.

How did you determine this please?

Anyway the world is effed up no matter what the reason, no one deserves this kind of retaliation or treatment.

edit on 30-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
No pic of the brand?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes, I too am curious what this supposed message was. Perhaps it's something the investigators aren't sharing--my gut instinct is this was a personal attack, not a random one.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

They won't reveal what the brand says. The Sheriff was even disappointed that the husband revealed the extent of her injuries. He cited the ongoing investigation.

It does seem to be a personal grudge against her and not random. Perhaps the woman had a run in with her captors previously and they were after revenge.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Impossible to know without knowing what the "message" is. The fact that it isn't disclosed, makes me think that the message was either tied to some organized crime element and is being withheld as to not jeopardize an investigation (as stated in the article) or they are acting according to the media agenda/PC narrative and not to let on the nature of this cruelty to protect (as they perceive the situation) a racial/ethnic group. Maybe both.

Also the article says they let her go and that she did not escape, but do not provide anything substantiating that. I'm wondering if this is in fact the case, because letting her go with a message to authorities has some sinister intentions of more to come.

My (way to early) hypothesis: Zeta's sending a message to cops that civilians will be terrorized if they're interfered with. With legal recreational on the horizon in Cali, their profits are probably going to crash and they know it.

I can't even imagine what this family is going through. People like these women are why Frank Castle and Dexter Morgan are my favorite superheros.

Edit: Apparently the husband was not even suppose to disclose the extent of her injuries or that she was branded according to the cops. Something smells off to me.
edit on 30-11-2016 by chronfucius because: New info

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A brand wonder if it had to do with some twisted S&M(not all is if consensual) action if one includes the rest of what was done to her? Very sad what happened to her hope justice is brought here.

This story is stranger than fiction. Its almost unheard of for a woman to be kidnapped by other women. She says their faces were covered by masks the entire time.
OP quote

Doesn't seem that unheard of considering women are kidnapped by others sometimes so they can remove their soon to be due child from their uterus. Locally to me a woman was kidnapped and killed by another woman she they knew because of money. Not limited to those cases.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

From the details released so far, it sounds like a hate crime.

I doubt it will be prosecuted as such because of the victims race.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Perhaps she testified in court against someone, or was planning to testify, or otherwise did something to result in the arrest of a dangerous person or persons.

Or perhaps she was part of a rival drug dealing organization.

... Totally guessing
edit on 11/30/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I've thought it over a bit and honestly have no idea what could have been the reason.

I did read that the Sheriff was surprised that the husband revealed that his wife had been branded. I almost got the impression that it had been discussed to not reveal that information/clue. That is strange to me as I would imagine the husband would want to do whatever it takes to apprehend the assailants including keeping his mouth shut.

Also, I read that the husband worked at a best buy so, I can't imagine what sort of dealings he could be involved with to warrant this type of warning (his wife's abduction, torture and branding).

It's all rather odd and doesn't seem to make any sense yet. Not that a crime like this could ever make sense completely.

It's sad and I feel for her. I wonder what kind of person who doesn't know the other human can do such horrible things to another.

I suppose I am naive.
edit on 30-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: capitals

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I try to avoid undue speculation with these kinds of stories,

but everything about this says 'retaliation' to me. Not sure why. Sometimes I just get a strong hunch.

1) seems like some planning went into this abduction and wasn't just about cruising around and picking up the first person they found. If she's a jogger, they probably knew her and her route.

2) dehumanizing the abductee in a very personal way by cutting her hair etc.

3) releasing the abductee with an apparent message.

Either way, the world has gone and got itself lobotomized lately.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I try to avoid undue speculation with these kinds of stories,

but everything about this says 'retaliation' to me. Not sure why. Sometimes I just get a strong hunch.

1) seems like some planning went into this abduction and wasn't just about cruising around and picking up the first person they found. If she's a jogger, they probably knew her and her route.

2) dehumanizing the abductee in a very personal way by cutting her hair etc.

3) releasing the abductee with an apparent message.

Either way, the world has gone and got itself lobotomized lately.

All good, no great, points.

As far as a lobotomy...perhaps one is long overdue instead!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

"She says their faces were covered by masks the entire time." she was captive for 3 weeks. she was 150 miles from her original location. so two women drove 150 miles and lived with her for 3 weeks with masks on? I cant imagine driving through cali with masks on. something is not right here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This happened where I live in Redding, Ca. They found her about 10 minutes away from my house in woodland . Crazy, but a lot of inconsistencies in the facts revolving around the case.
edit on 30-11-2016 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jayfkntee

She was able to give a limited description of the women. She said they spoke Spanish most of the time so i'm assuming that the Brands message was in spanish also.

Bosenko said Papini was unable to provide more detailed descriptions because her still at-large abductors covered their faces at times, or her own head was covered. But the sheriff said that after intense interviews with detectives, Papini came up with two descriptions. "The younger one [has] long curly hair, a thick accent, pierced ears and thin eyebrows," Bosenko said. "She described the older one as having straight black hair with graying color and thick eyebrows." Papini turned up in Yolo County, about 140 miles from the Mountain Gate jogging trail near her Redding home, where she was last seen November 2. The sheriff said Papini first walked to a church but there was no one there, so she left and flagged down a driver close to Interstate 5.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

They said she was found 140 miles away from Redding. Are you saying this is incorrect? What other inconsistencies do you see?
edit on 30-11-2016 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: TheLotLizard

They said she was found 140 miles away from Redding. Are you saying this is incorrect? What other inconsistencies do you see?

I have two houses both in Redding and woodland. I live in Redding. They said that her hair was chopped off yet the person who found her reported that she had long blonde hair.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
They said that her hair was chopped off yet the person who found her reported that she had long blonde hair.

Getting spooky weird..

What kind of red herring are we being fed here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I also believe is a personal attack and not a random one, perhaps somebody was jealous or with some crazy crush on the husband.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join