It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic video of two men barely escaping a wildfire in Tennessee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Incredible video...happy to hear they made it out ok.
I have never been to that part of the country but a good friend of mine was just down there on vacation this past summer, he said the mountains were beautiful.
Hopefully they get a handle on it sooner than later.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In the full version near the end there was a guy stopped in front of them with a flat tyre. They cursed him out and got him out of their way and what, left him there?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior
I wondered about that too. Even though I think that it would have taken a hell of a lot more than a flat tire to have me just sitting there. I have ridden on rims in far less harrowing situations.

I am thinking that he panicked and that they snapped him back to reality and he followed them out.

At least I hope that is what happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

At the start of the video about 22 seconds, there was man walking towards their truck.... they didn't stop to check on him. I'd say they have no dignity for humanity and only care for themselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I can't tell by the video if they "barely escaped". I really hope they made it.

You can't tell by watching if they barely escaped? Did you watch the same video as we all did? If they were not in an SUV or truck, to drive over fallen trees they more than likely would not have made it out alive.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That was awful even by Australian standards! You can see the problem with getting out - smoke, fallen trees, power lines, other cars, fire, cinders.

We have a lot experience with wildfires in Australia and it is too complicated to try and type up here. Have a look at our websites for information on how to survive bushfires.

This link has a lot of good information, and downloadable forms. You will soon realize being prepared for wildfire, or bushfire as we call it, it is something you have to do all year round and is a way of life here. I think you should get a community group together and start getting ready to survive wildfires, who knows, it might even spread to other communities. The above link would be a good place to start for information.
edit on 1/12/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad
Very grateful for the information and the links.

We have had two small fires out here in the 17 years I have lived out here. Both times set by outsiders. Once from folks riding ATVs illegally and on private property, during a time we were having an extended drought, and one that they believe was the result of carelessness caused by outsiders wanting to experience some time with nature on private property, with booze and cigarettes.

I will never understand why people think they have the right to use land that belongs to other people, however they wish. They don't care how much damage they do, and have the nerve to want to fight you when you tell them they are trespassing. My biggest pet peeve, living in the woods. Arrogant trespassers and the number two cause of wildfires. Lightning is number one, they claim. I am not so sure.

Your information and the OPs video has made me realize that we needed to expand our neighborhood action plans. There are only 6 of us oldtimers left out here. The others either died or can no longer manage the homesteads. I am reaching that stage myself. Retirement doesn't pay enough for you to pay someone else to do the upkeep. Young folk today are not interested in helping out, and forcing them to only ends up with someone getting hurt or a job poorly done.

We have 6 new families, they seem friendly enough but they don't know squat about living in the woods. Trying to educate them and help them out where we can, but like with most young folk, they don't ask for help until they have already made the mess.

Yep. I think it is time to have a meeting. We are long past due.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

At the start of the video about 22 seconds, there was man walking towards their truck.... they didn't stop to check on him. I'd say they have no dignity for humanity and only care for themselves.

I hope not, but it kind of seems that way. I want to know if that guy and the one with the flat are alright.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have started a thread on this in the survival forum and have posted some youtube videos that might be helpful.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join