It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Father says God saved son in Colombia crash...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Latest: Father says God saved son in Colombia crash

The father of one of the six people who survived the airplane crash in Colombia says his son is alive thanks to a "miracle of God." Paulo Follmann made the comment during a phone conversation with The Associated Press about his son, goalkeeper Jakson Follmann of the Brazilian soccer club Chapecoense. The father says, "The chances of surviving an airplane crash are practically zero. That my son is one of the survivors is a miracle of God."

And the rest of the passengers that died apparently were not deserving? That must be of great comfort to those families that lost relatives on that very same "miracle" flight. Really? A miracle from some fictitious god saved his son? It always amazes me when people do this crap.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

He is grieving and you ridicule his coping mechanism.
I don't believe in any gods but your thread seems distasteful and unnecessarily unkind to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
what's he grieving about? thought his son survived?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
True, I was thinking of the others grieving,
maybe should have thought before posting.
OP has a good point, just blinded by the tragedy and I wasn't drawn to arguing the gods thing so soon with this crash.

I'll leave my initial post unedited so people understand my error and your valid point.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

NEWSFLASH - his son SURVIVED

but hey - screw the relatives of everyone who did actually die - thier loved ones were not deserving of " gods " attention

only 6 people got saved

fook everyone else

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah see my second post

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would like to see the full conversation, people in south America usually say this as an expression of luck, not that they actually claim god interceded.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah it was an extremely insensitive thing to say.

I'm sure we've all been guilty of saying something insensitive at some point in our lives; however, now the net can broadcast a person's stupidity for all to be outraged by.

That his son survived is a good thing. Very tragic for the others though.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

People often attribute it to a miracle when someone survives a tragedy such as this.
He probably meant no offense to the families who lost their loved ones.
Being a religious person that is probably the only explanation that makes sense to him. That it is God's will.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't think those that lost loved ones will be as offended as you by the statement. I have had loved ones die while others survived, and indeed all involved considered it a miracle. We were just so happy that someone survived, and that all were not lost, that we did not begrudge those who had loved ones live, their joy.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It reminds of the athletes that always thank god , like he gives a sh!t who wins the superbowl.

I remember a comedian (not sure who) saying why dont they blame god when they lose.

In the interview after the game saying we would have won if god hadn't made me fumble.

That is basically how I look at it if god saved him he killed everyone else. Because he could have saved them all so he chose to let the others die.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

That is basically how I look at it if god saved him he killed everyone else. Because he could have saved them all so he chose to let the others die.

I guess it depends on how you look at it.

My mother thinks my Brother was the lucky one. He died.

I miss my Brother, and I chose to believe that he is in a better place, if he is anywhere at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What's the hell is wrong with a father thanking God for his son surviving a horrific plane crash?

I thanked God when my son survived a serious illness as a baby. That doesn't mean I was being insensitive to parents who have had children that did not survive.
edit on 30-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
The Latest: Father says God saved son in Colombia crash

The father of one of the six people who survived the airplane crash in Colombia says his son is alive thanks to a "miracle of God." Paulo Follmann made the comment during a phone conversation with The Associated Press about his son, goalkeeper Jakson Follmann of the Brazilian soccer club Chapecoense. The father says, "The chances of surviving an airplane crash are practically zero. That my son is one of the survivors is a miracle of God."

And the rest of the passengers that died apparently were not deserving? That must be of great comfort to those families that lost relatives on that very same "miracle" flight. Really? A miracle from some fictitious god saved his son? It always amazes me when people do this crap.

First, that dad's feelings about his son are not a public condemnation of the dead, they are a personal PERSPECTIVE regarding his son, and no one else.
The 'implication' is no more than that, an implication, in the eye of the beholder.

Thinking that 'God' is responsible for anything, is a valid Perspective, as are all Perspectives.
If God is One, that implies that God is ALL INCLUSIVE, the complete One Universe!
To say that the Universe 'saved' my son, would probably produce less ire, as the word hasn't the 'baggage' as the word 'God'.
The moment will come that the Universes Blesses the son and father with death.
Is dad grateful for the painful bits, also?
Same thing!
But a valid Perspective, but not at the expense of other Perspectives.
Truth is ALL inclusive! *__-

edit on 30-11-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If God did not save the others, perhaps we may conclude it was his will they perished.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
If God did not save the others, perhaps we may conclude it was his will they perished.

It was most assuredly their time and place!
We all have one! *__-

There is no such thing as a 'premature death'!

top topics

join