It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South is Burning, Who Cares?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

The South is Burning, Who Cares?

Our local Native American fire crews the "Hot Shots" have been there for 2 days. We care!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Actually don't be TOO sad. A lot of wildlife and fauna re-emergence comes from the chaos of wildfires. In the short-term its hard to see the benefits...but one need only to look to places like Mount Saint Helens and even to a degree, Chernobyl to see some benefits of disaster.

yes of course that is how the story goes.
Circle of life and all of that,

but I still get to be super sad about the destruction..
I'll be happy when I see the regrowth too.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There's no national cable media uproar because:

1) It's logistically impossible to move the fires + the people ("experts") affected into the studio for a roundtable discussion with Don Lemon.

2) There's no money in location shoots (or field journalism) anymore because they blew their budget on a fancy display for John King's teledildonic electoral voting trend analysis platform.

3) Despite my disdain for CNN, the other major networks are just as bad. MSNBC shot their wad on Rachel Maddow's tears. FOX spent theirs on haircuts and phony outrage.

On the plus side, FOX has local affiliates to "lift" footage from.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
There's no national cable media uproar because:

1) It's logistically impossible to move the fires + the people ("experts") affected into the studio for a roundtable discussion with Don Lemon.

2) There's no money in location shoots (or field journalism) anymore because they blew their budget on a fancy display for John King's teledildonic electoral voting trend analysis platform.

3) Despite my disdain for CNN, the other major networks are just as bad. MSNBC shot their wad on Rachel Maddow's tears. FOX spent theirs on haircuts and phony outrage.

On the plus side, FOX has local affiliates to "lift" footage from.

Or i already pointed out the media is covering it. Posted a pic from cnn in particular

They covered this as much or more than any random wildfire in Cal. What more do you want them to do? have cameras on a fire for hours straight?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
The premise of this is the MSM isnt covering it. They are. Im not sure what universe you guys live in but MSM has been all over this. LITERALLY 2 minutes ago on CNN

First I heard about it was when the OP posted it. Though I'll admit, I saw someone mention Dollywood and I seem to remember hearing something about Dollywood last night on Fox while I was feeding my baby around 4 this morning. It didn't register then, but does now.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

It was interesting at first like 15 years ago when the west started burning. Folks are over saturated now with all the fire and flood nation wide over the last 15.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

For the same reason there was no reporting of the Louisiana flooding earlier this year either, the worst disaster since Sandy.

Moreover, even if they do, they don't seem to be mentioning that many of these fires were intentionally set. Arson.

edit on 30-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

You mean like me and my ex-brother-in-law flying to California him as an EMT and myself as Search and Rescue, all the way from NY? I assume you mean like that - you must.

Good on you and yours sir. My younger brother is Tennessee Task force 1... MPD I doubt they have been deployed. More urban search and rescue. Deployed to pentagon on 9/11

I have known its been burning for at least 2 days maybe more
edit on 30-11-2016 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

You mean like me and my ex-brother-in-law flying to California him as an EMT and myself as Search and Rescue, all the way from NY? I assume you mean like that - you must.

Sick burn. (Get it? Burn.... )

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

My prayers are with the people of Tennessee. I also Googled how to help and there are a ton of places helping and donating. www.ibtimes.com... This is one of many links. The Red Cross is being overwhelmed with material donations but could use some more monetary donations to help put families up in hotels and such.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ive got an old girlfriend in Columbia SC, I hope she's alright...

Regarding the "media" I wouldn't even call them news anymore.

Our America media is an absolute disgrace. They are now 100 percent political tabloid…or when a crime dram like an OJ trial comes along it turns from political drama to titillating stories of human tragedy…They rarely have any serious news anymore that fosters intelligence and news worthy stories like for instance the true origin of the war in Syria.

The wars in Sudan and other areas of the world. There aren't even any good documentaries anymore on these trash networks who all give fast and furious tabloid much ONLY. All murder mysteries all the time

Maybe we have to blame the population who apparently tune in on the tabloid trash so much it feeds the media appetite for ratings only

Are we getting the news we ask for?

When the corporations took over the news and made it, profit seeking ONLY that was the last draw

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

I have known its been burning for at least 2 days maybe more

these fires have been burning for at least 3 weeks..

CBS November 7, 2016
"UPDATE: Evacuations underway as numerous NC mountain wildfires double in size."

edit on 30-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I care with family in the East and all and being my home area as well as regard for people in trouble. Though, the care goes along the same with the PNW burning. Then again it wasn't too discussed on the mass media either minus some on California.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What part of the media is no longer journalism do people not understand?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's beginning to hit resort areas. That may bring more attention and help when it comes closer to populous cities and places with revenue etc., at stake.

Emergency officials ordered evacuations in downtown Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and in other areas of Sevier County near the Great Smoky Mountains. About 14,000 residents and visitors were evacuated from Gatlinburg alone.

Source

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

It was interesting at first like 15 years ago when the west started burning. Folks are over saturated now with all the fire and flood nation wide over the last 15.

Pretty much but it can vary. Guess it depends more on what can be so over hyped and in certain areas that can pull in people watching the broadcasts.

For example there was a giant storm here in the PNW, the remnants of a typhoon that landed about the same time as hurricane Matthew on the East Coast. Luckily but bad for them, the weather forecasters(computer algorithm) had the risk wrong on predicting the severity of it. Didn't hear much about it outside of local media but damn well was hurricane news from the East played up all over the place: "Everyone in Orlando is going to die." quoted an hyped. When it comes down to that kind of hype maybe it's a good thing they didn't discuss it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

My, you are thin-skinned. Sorry, I was just joking. Arson or not, it's a tragedy. Today's rain should put them out.

You came in here, dropped a politically inflammatory and utterly distasteful remark in the thread like a giant turd, under the lame guise that it was a "joke" and when someone called your despicable behavior into question, they're labeled as being "thin skinned". Isn't that heartwarming. Truly, an inspiration to us all.

Sorry, I was just joking. What I really meant is, take that war mongering, propagandising horsesh!t somewhere else. I'm sure there are other people out there who also think that tragedy and the devastating impact it has on its victims is something to joke about. It is neither wanted nor appreciated here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I saw it on CNN today so no, they aren't ignoring it.

Maybe they aren't covering it as much as you want because extreme drought is caused by climate change, and southerners don't believe in global warming?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I saw it on CNN today so no, they aren't ignoring it.

Maybe they aren't covering it as much as you want because extreme drought is caused by climate change, and southerners don't believe in global warming?

This has been ongoing since before the 7th of November.

people are hearing now because of the fire in Gatlinburg Tennessee that had hurricane force gusts and fire surrounding people..

3 confirmed dead.

I think a 16 story hotel was destroyed..

Did you watch the video in the OP?

I didn't think they were going to make it out alive..

If their tires gave in to the heat they were done for. IT's one of the scariest things I've ever watched to be honest.

edit on 30-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not that nobody cares. It's just that our hoses don't reach that far. Where was the South when California burned? How about Eastern Washington last year? Oh, you didn't hear about that, right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join