It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Pelosi fends off challenge to leadership

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Sadly I feel that is true with the republican side as well.

There were several of them that I had hoped would just disappear when Trump got elected. If fact there was more than 1 of them that Trump ran against. Strangely I have heard their names more than I care to lately.

edit on 30-11-2016 by Diisenchanted because: spelling correction.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
True unfortunately when you clean house you really should clean the whole house. It doesn't do any good to leave the mold growing in the corners. Eventually everyone gets sickened by it.

Pelosi has been around for far too long.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

Pelosi represents one of the safest Democratic districts in the country. Democrats have held the seat since 1949 and Republicans, who currently make up only 13 percent of registered voters in the district, have not made a serious bid for the seat since the early 1960s. She won the seat in her own right in 1988 and has been reelected 10 more times with no substantive opposition, winning by an average of 80 percent of the vote. She has not participated in candidates' debates since her 1987 race against Harriet Ross.[16] The strongest challenge Pelosi has faced was in 2008 when anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan polled 16% and Pelosi won with 72%.

She has the distinction of contributing the most among members of Congress to other congressional campaigns because she is in a safe district and does not need the campaign funds.

Wikipedia

Just more proof that she is at least partially responsible for keeping some of these loons in office.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

They are sheep that's what they do follow the leader.

You would think that they would have learned by now.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Nancy Pelosi.............the lights are on but nobody's home.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Nancy Pelosi.............the lights are on but nobody's home.

Lights What lights? All I see is darkness.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm a registered Democrat ...

I'd have never guessed that.

Please don't be offended though. I just love wallowing in the Mud-Pit is all.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Not really. Hard to be offended when I catch myself saying it, too... ((sigh))

I've gone pretty much over to the libertarian side of things, though not completely. I'll be attending some local Democratic planning committee stuff over the next couple of months. I'm very curious to see if any sense has been knocked into certain heads...

I'm not sanguine about the results.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Sadly I feel that is true with the republican side as well.

There were several of them that I had hoped would just disappear when Trump got elected. If fact there was more than 1 of them that Trump ran against. Strangely I have heard their names more than I care to lately.

I was kinda hoping that Paul Ryan would be replaced as speaker. I can't really say why; something about him rubs me the wrong way. Other than that, the only Republican opponent of Trump's I don't want to see again is Jeb(!) Bush. I learned my lesson about political dynasties with Jeb's brother, than you very much. Romeny & Cruz just never excited me.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm happy you have a 3d party to lean towards. They™ really wrecked my Tea Party.

From what I've seen in local politics, the real Dems are filling gaps in the Republican holes. It's really hard for me to tell who's who. A tiger can't change his stripes, but our political class certainly can. It's about time we started looking at the 'work' history of these people and eliminate them from the candidate pool when they don't have a practical background in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join