It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Pelosi fends off challenge to leadership

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just when I thought that the left had learned something from this election cycle it turns out that I was wrong.

Pelosi got 134 votes to Ryan's 63 — winning 68 percent of the votes after declaring before the election that she had the support of two-thirds of the caucus. The victory sends a message that while there's a growing appetite for major changes in the party's leadership structure and messaging tactics, it's not strong enough to loosen Pelosi's grip on a liberal-heavy group that's rarely challenged her authority.

You would think that they would want some new blood ,but no it is the same old same old.

Guess it would help if I added the link. link
edit on 30-11-2016 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

I'm sure that there are a lot of Democratic voters across the country that are ravenous for change but it's not surprising at all that members of the establishment would want to retain the structure of the establishment rather than upset the apple cart.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "

-Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "

-Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

The apple cart has already been upset the establishment is in disarray. It is people like Nancy Peolsi and Harry Reid
that brought down the establishment. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again , and expecting different results?

Lol you beat me to it star for you.

Actually 2 stars for you since it was a dp.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Right but Ryan was a bit of a firebrand, and I'm sure that those on the Democratic side of the establishment were uncomfortable with the prospect of his leadership.

We have to remember, that these folks are insulated from the problems of the common man both by their wealth and position/title.

I am also sure that they believe they can still save the situation some how and keep things intact.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The left doubling down, I see.

Makes midterms even better.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I find this to be wonderful news.

Anyone registered as a Democrat deserves everything they're gonna get.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They really do want the California Liberal philosophy controlling the whole democratic party even though that was rejected by the country over and over again while she has been a democratic leader. Was hoping to see some new leadership that maybe was tolerable. Oh well, let em burn.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was actually hoping that Tim Ryan would win, because we really need some new blood in the political spectrum.

That old bag Pelosi is hard enough to look at let alone having to listen to her speak.

Pelosi is just more proof as to the reason why we need the electoral collage if she is the best that Calf. can do.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

I am also sure that they believe they can still save the situation some how and keep things intact.

They can believe what they want to believe.

Just because they believe that the ship isn't sinking doesn't mean they wont drown.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
That old bag Pelosi is hard enough to look at let alone having to listen to her speak.

She just looks like a 'textbook victim' to me. What the voters saw in her I'll never know, but it apparently extends out to the majority of elected (D) officials everywhere.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I wonder if Pelosi and her opponent went at it like the Skeksis in The Dark Crystal.

Feathers flying,screeching,old bones rattling.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That second line of yours pretty much nailed the DNC.

You should put it on a t shirt and cash in at the libs' expense.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
Just when I thought that the left had learned something from this election cycle it turns out that I was wrong.

Pelosi got 134 votes to Ryan's 63 — winning 68 percent of the votes after declaring before the election that she had the support of two-thirds of the caucus. The victory sends a message that while there's a growing appetite for major changes in the party's leadership structure and messaging tactics, it's not strong enough to loosen Pelosi's grip on a liberal-heavy group that's rarely challenged her authority.

You would think that they would want some new blood ,but no it is the same old same old.

Guess it would help if I added the link. link

I agree. They need new blood. Pelosi is not far enough to the left. Hillary has shown people are not interested in Nixon Republicans pretending to be Democrats.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've always been a registered Independent but admittedly have only ever voted for Democrats for local elections. I've never voted for a Democrat for President or Congress.

That being said, I was actually hoping that in the current chaos (for lack of a better word) I would see a new Democratic party rise. I didn't necessarily THINK it would happen... but I hoped it would.

I grew up in a very non-political family. The only thing I ever heard my parents say about politics was, "The Democrats are for working people and the Republicans are for the rich."

Unfortunately, over the past twenty or so years that I've been paying attention to politics, I have never found that to be true.

I was hopeful though, that from everything presently transpiring, it would become true.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me or anything like that, but I just have to say that while Republicans have harmed me slightly less than Democrats, I simply don't see a place for myself in the Democrat party. I'm not going to put up a bunch of links or quotes because again, I'm not necessarily trying to prove a point, but I don't view the Democrat party the way my parents did, many decades ago.

To me, rather than being for the working men and women, I perceive the Democrats to be essentially a conglomerate of the fringes. Everything seems to be emotional arguments about things that don't really help anyone in any material way. I'm not looking to harm anyone but WAY too much time has been spent on talking about who uses what bathroom and whether nor not a Confederate flag should be somewhere or whether or not black lives matter versus all lives matter. All of it. None of that has helped a single person put food on the table or a roof over their heads.

I want to see a Democrat party that comes out swinging for working people. Not by giving out "free stuff" but by helping people help themselves.

If people have enough money in their 401K to make a down payment to purchase a home, don't hit them with 10% penalty. They are trying to purchase a friggen home to live a version of The American Dream.

If someone is already paying school taxes and sends their kid to a private school, give them a SLIGHT tax break on the tuition costs. Not the full amount, but considering they are already paying into the public school while NOT taking up space and resources, be reasonable about it.

If parents are struggling to pay for their kids college, revamp the requirements to reach certain degrees. Start with the requirements of electives. There is no good reason that a person pursuing a nursing degree needs to take electives like art history or any of that. It's just extra credits for the sake of extra credits (and tuition).

Sorry if I rambled. I was just hoping to see something change on the Democrat side because based on the appointments Trump is making, I don't think the Republicans are changing all that much.

Disclaimer: NO, I do not regret voting for Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Then they deserve their downfall. The only reason they voted her back in was money.

Let them be controlled and not try anything new and hopefully a new party system will rise. This year's elections have shown the American people are sick and tired of the same old thing.

Bye Bye democrats and good riddance!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I believe this is a strategic move to help the 2018 midterm elections. No, the Dems have no chance of retaking either the House or the Senate in 2018 unless Trump absolutely bombs in his first two years, which isn't likely. But the Dems could be in dire straits should Trump even have the appearance of success. Even ultra-left leaning Politico realizes how much trouble the Dems could be in in the Senate in 2018 ...

Red-state Democrats and party strategists are already nervously looking past 2016, when they are angling to recapture the Senate, to the 2018 elections, hoping against hope that their party isn’t setting itself up for a titanic midterm backlash that could flip control of the Senate for a third time in three elections. As difficult as the 2016 Senate map has been for Republicans, who had to defend numerous blue- and purple-state seats and could lose their majority, Democrats’ 2018 map looks practically unnavigable. The party starts with five ruby-red seats to defend: Indiana, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia. Then, Democrats have a slew of Senate seats up in traditional swing states, including Florida, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

www.politico.com...

While Ryan may attempt to lead his people by reaching across the aisle in hopes of having a say in Government, Pelosi will stand against everything and use her press contacts to denigrate Trump any way she can. Unless Trump bombs it's the only way the Dems have a shot at keeping the GOP from attaining a filibuster proof majority in the Senate in 2018.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

Is this what you had in mind?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If so it is very fitting

Sorry that was my first attempt at uploading a pic. Guess I got something to learn.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

-Albert Einstein

The irony is that you double posted that......

Lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join