It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get involved in the world's biggest quantum physics experiment happening right now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
On the last on I came up with something in my head before and crushed it. I got like 25

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In my honest scientific hypothesis Einstein is correct about spooky action at distance, however the context in which he proves it is incorrect. He notes his own fallacy saying the particles have to be predetermined (ParticleA @ X location & Particle B @ Y location) this is flawed because as we know from quantum mechanics particles follow an unpredictable pattern. Not to mention all the particles in between A & B. But this is the only way Einstein felt he could prove his theory at the time.

With that said I believe spooky action works in concert with a dispersion factor.

In example you and your friend are sitting across the room from each other. You swing your arm to swat at a fly and seconds later your friend feels a draft on the back of his neck. You influenced the air molecules into motion with your arm swing, and your friend feels the resultant force to some lesser degree due to the dispersal of the air molecules in the air.

This is just one physical example with heavy molecules that we can perceive as humans.

On a larger scale we find that a supernova emits any number of imperceptible 'weightless' molecules that as a conglomerate can pass through much of elemental space at a rate faster than the speed of light but as a whole have a mass which allow scientists on earth to measure its gravitational waves before the light of the supernova even reaches earth. These particles can pass straight through the core of the earth without slowing however they have a net effect on the surrounding molecules which would have to be taken in account if one were to say crack quantum superposition.

Excuse the run on sentences.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Oh great!

Tell us we will be LARP-ing and give the atom accelerator switch to someone capable of pulling the trigger?

What's an atom accelerator switch? They make things go boom, is what I would guess?

I want to be the guy feeding the deer in the forest, if his character isn't too badly flawed...

I need a woosh sound connected to an emoticon. My big dark cloud as it leaves the scene/thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I liked the ying-yang symbols with "1" and "0" in them! Most tranquil.

Did not become a Bellster though at work and I do not need to set off cyber security alarms trying to think of when to hit a 1 or 0.

Sounds like some of you had fun while others got quantum entangled with being funstrated.

Will they make any announcement on the outcome this week? Oh, guess I will go read about the other Bell Test with random numbers to get an idea.

Thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I can't get past the last stage either, in fact each time I replay it, I do worse! aaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

originally posted by: Restricted
Games. What a terribly boring way to do science.

Well that explains your reculsiveness

I find books more educational.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I just did then as well, took waaaaaay too long and very infuriating!.....
Well aren't we random

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
does anyone know how it calculates it on the oracle tests in particular? I was wondering if it's either a machine learning type thing tracking my predictability and my repeated movements, or if it was random data generated at the start that I just had to out play/play the opposite of?

Kinda intrigued about the inner workings

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
19 out of 26.......need 20

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
GAH!!

I've tried everything to get past the last one and can't do it! Passed it off to my kids and still a no go. Must...defeat...the...Oracle....

This is a really cool experiment. Thanks for posting it up.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
does anyone know how it calculates it on the oracle tests in particular? I was wondering if it's either a machine learning type thing tracking my predictability and my repeated movements, or if it was random data generated at the start that I just had to out play/play the opposite of?

Kinda intrigued about the inner workings

I was wondering the same thing. Sometimes I feel like its cheating!

I got another half hour to kill why not....I've NEVER met an oracle I couldn't beat!

Course I've never met an oracle.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I give up, oracle wins. My best score is 19 in level six master.

ETA: I have 130,080 points.
edit on 11/30/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Since then, researchers have come up with a test to measure whether or not information is actually travelling between entangled particles, known as the Bell inequality test.

I really don't get the point of this experiment, we already have robust experiments which prove Bell's inequalities are violated. Scientists have known for a long time that Albert Einstein was wrong about local realism, this game will prove exactly nothing we don't already know. Maybe if I didn't need to sign up I would still give it a go...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
...what Einstein referred to as "spooky action at a distance"...

Is something that Einstein was incapable of imagining, violating 'his' premises.
Nevertheless, quantum has demonstrated that "spooky action at a distance" is true/Reality!

Sorry Einstein, still, you've had a pretty good run...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That was fun.

23/30 on the last one with 25,019 total points.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
cool ... finishing the last section was tricky ... took me quite a few attempts .... cheers for posting this

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

I´m too. From what I observed, you can "train" the oracle the first few times into a pattern. At least that´s my impression. Using this tactic got me up to 19. So if my observation is right, we are playing against each others or it´s a predicting algorithm. The crux is that you need luck in the first stage, then when you have enough time left you can change your pattern and the algorithm has not much moves left and the odds are on your side.

the fibonacci sequence got me mid range results (14-17) every time.
it´s 101100011111| end of "training"| 1010101010101

try it

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

On a larger scale we find that a supernova emits any number of imperceptible 'weightless' molecules that as a conglomerate can pass through much of elemental space at a rate faster than the speed of light but as a whole have a mass which allow scientists on earth to measure its gravitational waves before the light of the supernova even reaches earth. These particles can pass straight through the core of the earth without slowing however they have a net effect on the surrounding molecules which would have to be taken in account if one were to say crack quantum superposition.

Excuse the run on sentences.

Sentences are fine, though i believe it's 'particles' not 'molecules'

Basically correct though, FTL neutrino's for example are very hard to detect but gravity waves are fairly easy, and any particle that distorts mass in any way. There is plenty of evidence that supports the theory of a FTL transfer medium.

That has given me an idea for a simple experiment which i have the means to do, namely fire both a laser beam and a gravity wave generater simultaneously over a long distance & see which signal gets there first, all i need is a very fast clock....hopefully a 10Ghz one is enough, that's as high as i can get.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is a very interesting experiment. Local realism has died a thousand deaths though.

Quantum physics: Death by experiment for local realism

A fundamental scientific assumption called local realism conflicts with certain predictions of quantum mechanics. Those predictions have now been verified, with none of the loopholes that have compromised earlier tests.

www.nature.com...

I can understand why Einstein didn't like this. Quantum mechanics basically destroys materialism and makes the universe fundamentally look like a Mind.

The fact that the universe on a fundamental level is open to our questioning is simply astounding. The questions we ask nature shouldn't matter. If blind materialism was correct then nature should have an existence independent of how we question it.

This troubled Einstein because science isn't about questioning nature even after is observed and measured, it's about measurements and replications. How we question it shouldn't matter but it does. Here's a quote from Heisenberg.

“What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.”
― Werner Heisenberg

We question each other to gather more information whether it's a job interview or we're trying to get directions at a gas station. We shouldn't have to question the universe. It's measurements should be independent and we should be able to replicate these measurement if materialism is correct. But again, this isn't what we see on a fundamental level of reality where you can have entanglement in space and time so you can have retrocausality.

On a classical level, it would be like going into a gas station in Atlanta and asking where's the Wyatt Building and sometimes you can get an answer that says it's off of exit 20 and at other times you can get an answer that says it's off of exit 15.

It goes even deeper than that. If I ask the question and they say off of exit 20 one day, I could go in the gas station and ask the same question the next day and they will say off exist 15 and the city of Atlanta would correlate itself so the Wyatt Building is off of exit 15 even if yesterday it was off of exit 20!

When you think about what this means it's truly amazing. It also connects quantum mechanics to consciousness because we operate the same way.

I also think this explains things we call coincidences, synchronicity and even the Mandella Effect.

This because it seems like the more random the outcome of an event can be the more correlated it is and the more certain the outcome can be the more it seems separable.

So I can set my keys next to my bed before I go to sleep but when I wake up my keys are on the stand next to my TV. I will say, "I could have sworn I set my keys next to my bed."

Maybe it's not a coincidence but a these measurements are correlated. Something like the election of the President might be highly separable because it would take a lot of energy for this measurement to fluctuate. So when Bush, Obama and now Trump are elected President there's a 99.9% chance that everyday they will be the President. Something like where I set my keys could look different. There could be a 70% chance I set my keys next to my bed and a 30% chance I set my keys on the night stand. So there's a bigger chance that this measurement can fluctuate.

This would also point to parallel universes because these measurements can fluctuate because both measuremants can occur. So there's another version of me that wakes up and says, "I could have sworn I put my keys on the night stand next to the TV." Unless there's local realism that would reduce these possible measurements to just one observer. If experiment after experiment keeps pointing to the death of local realism, then you have to accept parallel universes because there's nothing to reduce the state to one measurement and one observer.
edit on 1-12-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
Now that´s an interesting post. It also can be cross-platformed to virtual reality. I´m not a firm believer in this, as there is not much evidence but I keep an open mind. Like non thread safe variables/objects(quantuum states), accessed by different threads (universes) or something along those lines.

undefined quantuum states == Heisenbug?
Although, I never encountered a real heisenbug.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join