It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to get something off my CHEST!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My wife and I have been dealing with something for many years and we are finally at a point where it might be resolved, one way or the other....but we have had to rely on the help of her daughters to complete this process.

Everything done has been without the help of an attorney, saving us and them from spending 1,000's of dollars. I have been the one to do the work of the attorney's by filing and filling out papers that were ridiculous to comprehend. A process so convoluted and full of BS you have no idea what it is has been like to deal with.

Her daughters have been completely clueless about how much I have done and that is okay, but how they have lacked so much empathy for a situation involving their own mother is beyond belief.

We relied on one of them to mail a package last week and waited for them to inform us and provide a tracking number for validation...the entire week went by while we waited patiently, not wanting to be pushy, but when I made a point to reach out last night, I was met by this silence and excuse of her being too tired, it was in the car and she would get it to us tomorrow (today).

When I woke up this morning I expected this number to be in my wifes messenger and it was not. Instead, I had to inquire again, only to be told it was delivered Friday. Okay, fine, where is the tracking number? Still nothing. Then I get told that she has no reason to talk to me. Really? Only that I am her Moms husband and her step-father by law....Who the hell does this twit think she is?

I have every right to know where this package is, without me none of it got done and she has the nerve to talk BS to me? WE needed the verification to prove to the agency involved that the package was delivered. The most important documents and money that will decide the outcome of a situation that will effect our lives for the duration...Why did she have so much trouble understanding the importance? She has no clue what this situation has been doing to us....WTF....makes me just want to reach through the computer and wring her neck.
edit on 11-30-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Wow... that was vague.

Look, if your Step-daughter is going to be a harpy about this, then get your wife to deal with her, which would entirely remove the argument your step-daughter used to fob you off, and place her at the mercy of her mothers wrath if she tries to put her off.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

As a parent, I feel your pain.

Also I would say as a parent, it's your job to be pushy.

Good luck on whatever that issue was.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
She has no clue what this situation has been doing to us....WTF....makes me just want to reach through the computer and wring her neck.

I'm sorry to say this, but if it is true "She has no clue", then you should have mailed the "important" package yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Cut off her financials, that will teach her! If she was too tired to drive down the street to deliver a package, I suspect she is still receiving financial assistance from you or the mother. CUT HER OFF!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You have repeatedly said they or she had no idea what you were doing or what you were going through.

So how are they supposed to show empathy or know how to help YOU haven't told the, what's going on. Unless you have forgotten to tell us about her psychic powers.

Sorry to be blunt, but you kind of answer your own questions if you think about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Kids!!!!!!!! what they consider is important is not the same as you consider important. That is kind of normal nowadays. When they have it happen to them they will realize what you are concerned about but then they will still say your concerns were unfounded while theirs are real.

I can't believe how kids ignore their parents nowadays, it was bad before but never like it is today. They have been brainwashed to believe those who would profit by our loss. I know how it works, I was brainwashed for a while until I discovered it is actually a policy that the deceivers in society have created.

What you are mentioning is not all their fault, it is a part of social conditioning that you learn to realize as you get older. You can gain wisdom with age and start to compare your life experiences with what society says is real or correct. But just because someone gets older doesn't mean that they will get wisdom. Many people live their whole life believing in something that is not real.

Your stepdaughter is being rude, maybe just finding someone else trustworthy to help you and your wife is an option. I wouldn't even consider counting on my two daughters for anything, they are not rude but it is easier to do things myself than count on them. I will go to the senior center here for help if I need it because they do have young kids that do come to help with stuff. Anything I get into with my kids seems to be long and drawn out, they say they will come help but then spend only a short time before they have to leave. I guess it was the same way with me and my stepfather, the only difference was I went there to work and he would say he was not feeling that good, come time to leave he then wanted everything done. We would be there at least two hours more doing things for them. So how did we fix the problem, I learned to go a little early and say we were going to head home earlier than planned, so we actually got home when we planned. I understand they just wanted to see us so I just learned a way to modify things. I miss my mother and stepfather, they were good people, I just wish they didn't collect so much stuff when they were alive, it was a lot of work giving it away or hauling it to the dump or scrapyard.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I hope you have learned your lesson,never trust a kid to do anything
important,do it yourself.I hope everything works out for you and your wife.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

You have repeatedly said they or she had no idea what you were doing or what you were going through.

So how are they supposed to show empathy or know how to help YOU haven't told the, what's going on. Unless you have forgotten to tell us about her psychic powers.

Sorry to be blunt, but you kind of answer your own questions if you think about it.

I actually agree with this. An open communication within the family is important but sometimes you do not want your family knowing things. I wouldn't tell my kids I had cancer till I was sure it was cancer and I would not tell them if we had a temporary financial problem. But in this case, explaining the importance to their kid might be really important. My kids think that they can keep secrets from me but always mess up and I find out most times. I warned them but they do not listen, both are in their thirties and don't realize I made the same mistakes and I was warned. You might as well talk to the wall, I know that I was once a wall. Generation after generation makes the same kind of mistakes. Not listening to your parents and putting trust in society sure helps our economy flourish.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but this one is on you friend. If the package was that important, then you would have sent it yourself. You would not trust something that important to someone that you obviously don't trust.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
My wife and I have been dealing with something for many years and we are finally at a point where it might be resolved, one way or the other....but we have had to rely on the help of her daughters to complete this process.

Everything done has been without the help of an attorney, saving us and them from spending 1,000's of dollars. I have been the one to do the work of the attorney's by filing and filling out papers that were ridiculous to comprehend. A process so convoluted and full of BS you have no idea what it is has been like to deal with.

Her daughters have been completely clueless about how much I have done and that is okay, but how they have lacked so much empathy for a situation involving their own mother is beyond belief.

We relied on one of them to mail a package last week and waited for them to inform us and provide a tracking number for validation...the entire week went by while we waited patiently, not wanting to be pushy, but when I made a point to reach out last night, I was met by this silence and excuse of her being too tired, it was in the car and she would get it to us tomorrow (today).

When I woke up this morning I expected this number to be in my wifes messenger and it was not. Instead, I had to inquire again, only to be told it was delivered Friday. Okay, fine, where is the tracking number? Still nothing. Then I get told that she has no reason to talk to me. Really? Only that I am her Moms husband and her step-father by law....Who the hell does this twit think she is?

I have every right to know where this package is, without me none of it got done and she has the nerve to talk BS to me? WE needed the verification to prove to the agency involved that the package was delivered. The most important documents and money that will decide the outcome of a situation that will effect our lives for the duration...Why did she have so much trouble understanding the importance? She has no clue what this situation has been doing to us....WTF....makes me just want to reach through the computer and wring her neck.

Sad that you have no "control", over your stepdaughter. Only expectations, disappointment, and anger.

Hopefully: everything works-out; you repair the damage; and you all live happily ever-after.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If she's like her mother....them I'm assuming you chose poorly.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So did you suffer any tangible/material or financial loss as a result of the step daughter's inaction?
Or are you really just complaining about the worry you experienced while waiting for the package?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

I'm sorry to say this, but if it is true "She has no clue", then you should have mailed the "important" package yourself.

This.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Sounds like a divorce. Good luck and hope all works out for the best. Let's leave the adult matters to adults and keep the kids out of it old chap. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I've got a son like that. Needed him to fix a car insurance issue. I'm buying, but he's over 18 so I can't deal with the bill due to privacy laws. So I told him either he fixes the problem or he's on his own to buy it. No skin off my nose then, he can pay the higher price. Problem was promptly settled. Threats of monetary loss work well.

As for your legal issue, I feel your pain. Been fighting one for 7 years that finally has a court date at the end of the month. Best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Do you really think I would have relied on someone else unless I had to?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

No. It was the only option and it was left in the hands of the one that was deemed more responsible and capable, which made her behavior all the more mind boggling. I did send the package the first time, but it was returned to our mailing address in a state where were not in, the package had to be resent because they refused to accept a CC authorization for payment. Which was not supposed to be a problem according to information I had previously been given by the very agency we are dealing with.

Idiots are not in my control, but her daughter, instead of being empathetic and helpful only added to the frustration.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

When prompted to provide the tracking number she only said it is there and refused to give it willingly for some damn reason, this was after her Mom asked her repeatedly, I only got involved after a week of her non complying for whatever damn reason I have no idea.

The most important documents in her Mom's life and she decided to play these ridiculous games.

It is okay though, Karma will get her for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
If she's like her mother....them I'm assuming you chose poorly.

What the hell? Really? Okay, and what is your excuse? You were raised by wolves?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join