It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismographs detect strange disturbance all across North America?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Quick update:

Looking at the plots right now, the Waverly Tennessee station (let's see if this guy does another video and makes mention of this station) is experiencing telemetry error:

A couple of other stations exhibit the error as well, but nowhere near as many as yesterday. There are at present 8 with significant registers of the telemetry error. There were 12 when I did the count last time.

The Zambia station's event seems to have change. It went several hours without occurring, but then another pattern emerged:

The station in Wisconsin I made mention of in a prior post is another is swamped with the telemetry error. The station in Hockley, TX seems to have calmed down and is behaving presently.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay. I've read all the posts,and the one that has not been mentioned is the B2 anti-gravitational tech which we know has already been certainly achieved. A new aircraft/solar craft is being developed now by a certain big American company. If a BIG aircraft/solar craft were being tested across the strongest magnetic flux latitude in the northern hemisphere, it would easily disrupt seismographs in a way looking like telemetry error.

True American, lose your PC attitude before you turn this website into CNN. This is a blog not a news site like your Masters would have you Believe.

Don't look like a troll just because your man Trump is a shoo-in.

Your Friend,
Jenkinswasher

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
for someone who hasnt the time to read the full thread just to learn it was a waste of time (or not)
can someone please sum up wether this thread is justified as top #1 thread atm ?

yes i understand the base of the thread, some anomaly but please could someone sum up in just a sentence or three ty

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SwagLord

could someone sum up in just a sentence or three ty

From page 2:

I'm going with telemetry error and a YouTube video poster who has no clue what he's talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

ok
but why is it the absolute top #1 flagged thread on ats currently if its just hokum
are people so hungry for something out of the ordinary they will get hooked to anything hokum or not ?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SwagLord

are people so hungry for something out of the ordinary they will get hooked to anything hokum or not ?

There probably is an element of truth to this.

You know the site has been almost all politics for a few months now and I know for myself, this represents a welcome reprieve from the circus.

It lets people posulate ideas and allows for a range of speculation. There are some who don't think my summation is correct and have put forth alternate theories; they think it is something other than telemetry error. Some of them interesting, some have made me chuckle.

This despite two of ATS long time posters on matters seismic agreeing with that analysis.

This is one of the areas of interest that drew me to and has kept me here at ATS all these years, earthquakes and geology. And so, as I mentioned above, I am happy to have something to post about that doesn't have to do with politics.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Yes I agree! I am also very interested in stuff like this which is why the thread got my attention. Just didnt feel like reading it to find out it was without substance.

But yea I agree completely

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The guy making the video seemed to correlate the event with a solar flare and geomagnetic event. Could it be that at some frequency the operation of the seismograph is affected by RF or electromagnetic fields? So instead of displaying the type of data which it's supposed to (from movement), some other spurious signal is induced. That is, it's susceptible to noise from another source. Seems like something quite possible if it's using a pickup coil in its construction, and if a piezo-electric crystal is used, the right RF frequency may affect that too. I'd have trouble believing all the devices are perfectly shielded, given this kind of event is uncommon to begin with.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Since I'm new here and cannot start a thread yet, I'll put it here in hopes it will not be derailing. And that maybe I'll get a guess as to what is happening around my home. I'll try to make it short and can maybe copy & paste when I can get it in it's own thread. So far this one seems to apply about as closely as I've seen:

Beginning in July or August there is continuing noise going across my residence 24/7. This is way out in the wilds, the rural, northeastern tip of PA. It began mid-summer, continues through snow and rain, and again woke me up around 6:30a.m. this morning.

This noise always begins in the same direction, goes overhead a ways, and dies off. Then begins again, always from the same direction, never returning back. There is no disturbance in the sky at all when it happens, while small aircraft is easily seen. One night I clocked the sound at about 19 minutes apart and once around 7. Some nights (when I hear it most, in bed reading) it's almost continuous for an hour or more. There is no rhyme or reason to it.
I've been woke up several times between midnight and dawn, too, and it's loud enough to be a severe problem. It sounds like an airplane but is slower, thinner, and more grumbly.

The only nearby residences, about an eighth-mile away, are a preacher - sure ain't going there - and the millionaire, noisy developer that brags about his "90 acres" and whom I despise. Which is, I suspect, the source of the problem. I've contacted the Township and the State already and no surprise, no response. I don't have anyone who might help. I've even contacted a detective agency (to find they only repo vehicles). An internet-tech I know had no idea. If I could at least find out what it might be it would help enormously. My best guess is that it's some sort of very new technology.

P.S. Later: I just thought to add that there is nothing in the direction of where the noise begins. (I don't know the exact spot, of course.)
It would be somewhere across the road, where all that one can see - and know of - is wild forest.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Catsratz because: to add P.S.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I told you all i was a slow slip earthquake. now that 6.5 is a foreshock. the big one is a few days off

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: greecelightning
I told you all i was a slow slip earthquake. now that 6.5 is a foreshock. the big one is a few days off

I noticed that the Eastern side of the Ring of Fire has been very active, esp. in Mexico. Is this significant, given how quiet it's been on that side as of late?

Isn't today's large quake (6.5 or 6.8, depending on which agency is referred to) connected to the Cascadia Subduction Zone, of which has been predicted will have a quake larger than the "big one" for San Andreas?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have been following the heliplots for many years now and have never seen them totally covered in black ink like this
link
Also, over twenty data buoys in event mode right now in the ring of fire
link
Quake cam LA -FYI
link
Wonder what is brewing down there?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

They're all swamped by that M7+ we just had.

There are a few of charts that aren't, one is the south pole graph, there's one in Russia, and this one:

Note the sensitivity setting at the bottom, this one is not set as sensitive as all the others, if they had had similar settings, they wouldn't have been swamped and you'd be able to see the quake more clearly.

As it is, most of them maxed out due to the M7+. The graphs are blown out by the large quake and nothing else is discernible.

The 9.1 back in 2011 did the same thing.
edit on 8-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Really, you've never seen a heli wig out like that before? I have, it's not exactly rare. I've seen a few completely blacked out from going bonzo, Raoul (Kermadec Islands) stands out as one that has done it a few times. They also can get swamped like that with actual quake signals. Also not rare.

Before people start making wild, unsubstantiated claims, or feel like ignoring our resident pros, do yourselves a favor and download GEE. This is a nice program for beginner EQ watchers, you can watch the seismographs in real-time. Like the heliplots, but better in that it's pretty much right now, and that you can watch both the horizontal AND vertical ranges of movement (X, Y, Z axis) instead of just one range of movement like heli records.

Spoiler: Ain't much going on elsewhere, nearby or otherwise. Chalk the heliplots up to telemetry issues.

edit on 12/8/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They also can get swamped like that with actual quake signals. Also not rare.

That's what's going on right now.

That 7.8 that happened hasn't rolled off the charts yet, but when it does, they'll be back to normal.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

edit on 8-12-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: ourdolphin overlords censored me

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
sunday morning & the steve quayle link lists n interesting page about many USGS tracking stations recording non-EQ events... its as if the Earth were ringing like a bell is the general thought

see: allnewspipeline.com...

December 10, 2016

Unexplained Vibration Discovered All Over The World Leaves Earth Ringing Like A Bell - Experts Warn Of 'Alarming Scenario Of Destruction' As 'Disturbing String Of Earthquakes' Strikes Our Planet

I mentioned in earlier post that I am connecting the (CERN creating 'Strangelets') dots with (global wide reporting on unknown ringing of Earth) by non-EQs but tell-tale seismic arm disturbances signaling a disturbance

the article suggest the source is at the center-of-the-Earth ->>

...the Earth's core appears to be getting restless. Using the same official USGS charts, our videographer proves to us that something very, very strange has been happening to our planet with mysterious vibrations felt around the planet seemingly coming straight from the center of the Earth...

the Earth is getting a dimensional warp caused by the combined HAARP & CERN activities...that's my story & i'm sticking to It

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What about Cheverly, MD. Not much oil drilling around there, but plenty of seismic issues. Is there a single site that seismic anomalies can be followed?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join