It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismographs detect strange disturbance all across North America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would honestly say either legitimate seismic activity or once again another military test of some sort

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I don't see why you're getting all worked up.. I simply asked you to show me examples of telemetry error so I can compare with what the OP shared, that's all... I admitted I'm ignorant on the subject, thus trying to educate myself in hopes the resident Quake expert (you) could share some insight to how you quickly debunked this claim...

I get your rant, but it seems misdirected... I didn't post this thread, I'm just commenting on it like many others trying to gain insight...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Fracking I would assume. West TX for sure. Other states like Oregon an Maine no clue.

At the same time though, all over North America?

Long shot.

Individually, sure - fracking...but all over the shop at once, i doubt it.

Tunnelling machine perhaps, or a series of them.

edit on 1 12 2016 by MysterX because: added quote

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Mole People...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Here is another example of telemetry error in the top graph, the graph on the lower portion is the next closest, you can see that there is no such signal in the lower graph. This indicates that the cause of the signal in the upper graph is not seismic or it would appear on the other station as well at the same time.

Arkansas and Yellow stone also show the telemetry error signal at different times, but the Nacadochez, TX (close to Arkansas), nor the Montana (near Yellowstone) one do not. Any seismic signal of notable size will propagate throughout the region, a large enough event will be measured world wide.

Some stations are placed in locations that don't make sense, like near a rail yard, and thus will produce nearly unusable data. Sometimes stations go wonky or drop out altogether for lengthy periods of time and don't return to normal operation until repaired.

a reply to: MysterX

It wasn't at the same time, though. Nor was it all over North America. See my post here for a detail analysis of the stations in question at the time the YouTube video was made.

I will say that looking back at that post, I got the top two graphs named incorrectly. I labeled New Mexico as Colorado and vice versa. The time signatures are still correct though and are indicative that the even in question was not seismic in nature due to them taking place an hour apart from one another and not being measured on any other nearby station at the same time.

Those stations have since moved on, which is why I used different examples in this post.

The Hockley, TX station still looks as squirrely as it did yesterday which might be an example of a station in need of maintenance.

This:

I think, is a recalibration pulse. Note the sharp vertical line that flattens out, wheres the above example the long wavy line carries on for a while?
edit on 1-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: recalibration

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Greetings, I generally lurk on this forum without posting but the topic of a mysterious continental seismic event piqued my interest. There have been many articles over the years about the large HAARP installations that Russia and the U.S. have developed. I remember that these installations were directing some type of energy into the high atmosphere to heat it and study the result, the article went on to state that the energy was also being directed into the Earth as a low frequency wave targeted at geological faults within the U.S. I am afraid that the American people have no idea what the military industrial complex is doing at the behest of our deep government. The other explanation may lie in the CERN installation where they are illegally creating "stranglets" of dark matter that fall into the Earth’s core and will eventually cause a cataclysmic event. I offer these possible explanations in the spirit of the ATS mission to find and expose the truth behind conspiracy theory because we will never be told the truth….we must seek it.

cerntruth.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-12-2016 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
....But since you all have succeeded in putting this front and center at the top of ATS now, making us look like bumbling idiots, I won't be commenting anymore. You just let MSM prove its point. Fake news there and fake news here. And to make matters worse, it was posted by the Fragile Earth "Forum Subject Matter Expert."

Now just hold up right there, TrueAmerican.

There is a material difference between fake news and this thread.

Fake news in my view is completely manufactured. Are you saying these seismographs are doctored? Because if they aren't, all you have is a generic misinterpretation of REAL INFORMATION by the source, whose assertions I brought here to be either confirmed or denied. Even if they were fake, my position still holds about the appropriateness of its posting, provided of course there is never an intention to purposely post false information.

For someone hell bent on only ensuring 'true' things appear on the front page of this site, to presumably increase its reputation, you've displayed some pretty profound ignorance...and arrogance...on your part in this thread for many to see.

You seem to forget this is a conspiracy website- the best in my opinion- because it encourages people to bring out-of-the-mainstream issues to be discussed, verified or debunked.

That happened here, despite your apparent 'disgust'.

Since you're admonishing people to "do better than this", perhaps you would be well advised to take your own medicine.

I think YOU can do better than this.

edit on 1-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm 100% with you... You didn't share your OP as "fact" but shared an odd disturbance within the data you saw... Could it be a telemetry error like some suggest? Sure... But, at least show us a few examples to compare/contrast, over coming to a thread trying to act like the smartest guy in the room... How about some members "not you OP" share your knowledge to help educate us, verse attacking... I've been here long enough to state we're better than this...

Thanks again for the OP.. Its interesting, especially the stuff Sublimecraft shared on page 3 (i believe)...
edit on 1-12-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No, I didn't share it as fact. I brought it here so some people with knowledge in this area could tell us something about it.

90% of the subjects on this board are speculative and 'out' there. It's a conspiracy and alt-topic board....and one of the things I enjoy most is the diversity of its members, many of whom profoundly impress me with their intelligence, creativity or unique perspectives.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is a bit strange for me to reply on, but if they keep fracking around the fringe of the Yellowstone Volcano, then we are in a deep, deep, deep pile shortly.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConstitutionalPatriot
This is a bit strange for me to reply on, but if they keep fracking around the fringe of the Yellowstone Volcano, then we are in a deep, deep, deep pile shortly.

Glad you brought this up, because the way I see it and I may be ignorant on this subject, but if they keep poking at a super caldera, that is pressurized, couldn't it cause two things?

If Yellowstone has a way of releasing pressure slowly through it's underground naturally, then cracking the egg could be a big problem unnaturally from fracking.

The other issue is maybe the passages that typically allow Yellowstone to release it's extra pressure are somehow being closed off do to fracking, so Yellowstone is building up pressure, and it has no where to go.

Fracking, imo is a no win situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

No. It's called over ten years experience. But since you all have succeeded in putting this front and center at the top of ATS now, making us look like bumbling idiots, I won't be commenting anymore. You just let MSM prove its point. Fake news there and fake news here. And to make matters worse, it was posted by the Fragile Earth "Forum Subject Matter Expert."

I mean come on people, we can do better than this. All you had to do was read the thread into page 2.

*shakes head and walks away in disgust*

Real news? This is a conspiracy site. All "forums" are about conspiracies. Calm down and chill. Speaking of conspiracy, are you working for MSM to enlarge the whole "Fake News" agenda?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: LifeMode
Fracking I would assume. West TX for sure. Other states like Oregon an Maine no clue.

Long shot.

Individually, sure - fracking...but all over the shop at once, i doubt it.

Tunnelling machine perhaps, or a series of them.

BUT no one pointed out all the huge EQ's on the other side of the planet the last two weeks. Possibly some kind of connection with those quakes.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Godzilla?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Probably just the SQUIRTLES.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Godzilla?

I had to give you a star.

That was brilliant.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It appears that there are anomalies in the graphs at around the same time in different places. Maybe we should try to figure out why that is. If it is Telemetry issues, than why in so many scattered places in that time. Why not in the other sensors and what is the connection between these sights. Telemetry issues usually do not span that distance, they are usually abnormalities that happen in isolated places sporadically. It could be a link problem but then the times would be exact, not some off and some on.

I doubt if it is anything important, but I would like to know what could cause this particular type of event. A solar flare could interfere with the signal, but these places seem to be way to low in the country. Solar flares often disrupt signals, even those running through wires because they cause ground currents. That would not be a telemetry issue.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So the source has an update:

Apparently, he is reporting these are continuing, but in different locations.

Regardless of why these might be happening, can someone at least confirm these graphs are real and not made up?

edit on 2-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

It would be nice to know if they were real, that is part of the job we are supposed to be doing here, finding whether the evidence is real and providing evidence or explanation as to why it is not real. Not just say it is not real without appropriate evidence as to why they say it is fake. Rules of debunking something have to be followed properly.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I completely agree.

This isn't an area I know much about and would really like someone to at least answer the question whether the graphs the source presents are in fact real. If they are, then we can move to the question of why they are happening.

edit on 2-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join