It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Are Democrats Already Planning to Screw Up 2020 Presidential Race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The Washington Post cited Sen. Cory Booker as a likely front-runner for the 2020 Democratic primaries. What they didn’t mention about Booker was that hedge funds and Wall Street love him. Nor did they mention his record of desperate publicity stunts.

“All politicians are to some degree wannabe celebrities, but it has been a while since we have met a showman as narcissistic as [Booker]: a man who makes Chuck Schumer look camera-shy, who makes Michele Bachmann seem like a subtle media operator,” wrote Jason Farago for the Guardian in 2013. He added Booker is “a neoliberal egomaniac who sees government as nothing more than a charity for billionaires and corporations to support as they please.”
observer.com...
Is Cory Booker a favorite to challenge Trump in 2020?

Here is some information to give you background on Cory Booker:

Neighbors: Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) 'Is A Liar' he never lived in Newark 'He lives In New York'
Cory Booker: Praises Protesters "God Bless the Protesters" of President-elect Trump

Here is Cory Booker's response to Trump:

Cory Booker: Hillary as Likely as 'You or I' to Be Indicted

Cory Booker must stop defending the Iran deal
I know things can change by 2020. He was nearly Hillary's choice for Vice President. Is this who Trump could be up against? Could this be our next president?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I hate to sound all ideologically hateful toward the Democrats (I equally hate Dems and Repubs alike), but if they choose from any of the standard progressives inhabiting our federal government at this time in our history, they are making a big mistake on behalf of our nation.

I'm not saying that they couldn't win, I'm saying that anyone that they would consider a likely winner would come from a list of people who, IMO, are ideologically blinded imbiciles who do not hold what's best for our nation and our citizens in very high regard.

Same goes for most Repubs, too, but this isn't about them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No. The Democrats keep pushing these kind of people to the front, hoping they'll somehow rescue the party. They were just shown how much the average Joe doesn't like this Liberal crap, but they just won't learn. If he is what they say, the Republicans will expose it and tear him apart. Of course, the Left will scream it's because they're homophobic. Or that all time favorite "Racist!!"

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Don't worry. By 2020 when everyone is sick of Trump, a Progressive will be a LOT more appealing to the majority of the public. And even IF a conservative manages to hold onto the Presidency for another 4 years after that, the public will DEFINITELY be sick of conservatives come 2024. That's how politics in this country works. Every 8 years the public gets sick of one side of the political aisle then chooses the other. It starts in Congress with Congress switching majority parties about 6 years into a two term President's terms and even by the 4 year mark the majority party's power has already waned due to cuts into their majority by the minority party. This is all historical precedent too.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
At this point the only strategy Democrats have to win an election is to call anyone who disagrees with their candidate a racist and smear them with made up false allegations. They have nothing else to run on.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt
Please, I cant think about the 2020 elections for another couple years.

I cant even stand talking about the 2016 election any more.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Maybe an outsider can emerge and save the party from disaster when the time comes?

Remember that Jeb Bush was a "front runner" at one time...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

He rubs me more like a talk show host..lots of energy...in the same breath ding dong trump needs to stop tweeting..he looks like a spoiled teenager and it's not very professional let alone presidential..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Jeez! It's like a car wreck. It's painful to look at.... yet I can't turn my eyes away.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If Trump does a good job, he will be re elected. If he doesn't the democrats will retake the WH, regardless of who the candidate is.

It's not for the democrats to win....It's for the GOP to lose....

Don't let your ideologies get in the way of your common sense!
edit on 30-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think that we need to definitely go to work on getting the right person in the job like right now. We can't trust Dems or Reps getting back into the destroyer's seat.
edit on 30-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
DP
edit on 30-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Shhhhhh...ix-nay on the iticism-cray...He is ack-blay
edit on 30-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Oh HILL No! D.C. Insiders Say Clinton is Gearing Up for a 2020 Run

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With Trump winning presidency, I simply will not ever again know who could possibly win anymore.

Seriously...not a clue. I mean, you can debate how Trump didn't soo much win as Hillary lost in spectacular fashion, but still..nope, no clue.

Now that the white house has become a reality show, to include special guest stars of people who should be imprisoned for betraying america (Petraeus) and a much worse situation than Clinton who got her kicked and supposedly meant to have a special committee to get arrested, to anti-science agw deniers possibly heading up sciences, its like a dystopian madhouse with no rhyme or reason.

In a few weeks, I have seen:

right wing go from screaming about free speech to cheering the idea of loss of citizenship and jail for flag burning,

the left wing go from demanding a smooth transition of power to screaming not my president after a (seemingly) fair electon,

The god king of the alt-right demand safe spaces

The god king spending most of his time on twitter moaning about how people dont like him

So called progressives (always a ironic title imo) become so embittered with racism and sexism that if you simply change the gender or race they are speaking against, they will sound like the grand dragon of the kkk or the most hardcore mgtow mysogynist.

etc

and this is the new norm.

Yeah, I dont know whats going on anymore. I guess this might have been what it was like in the days before the fall of Rome...I am wondering if city water has been tested for lead recently.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
Oh HILL No! D.C. Insiders Say Clinton is Gearing Up for a 2020 Run

What?---No Chelsea?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Trump does a good job, he will be elected. If he doesn't the democrats will retake the WH, regardless of who th candidate is.

It's not for the democrats to win....It's for the GOP to lose....

Don't let your ideologies get in the way of your common sense!

Actually
If Trump convinces people he did a good job, he will
or
If he convinces the public the opponent is basically a horrible person, he will win
If he convinces the public that the opponent will lose the war (we will no doubt be in a couple), then he will win
etc

You dont need actual success in order to paint the other guy as a bigger loser..Trump never is about building himself up, he is more the kind of guy that coats everyone else in feces

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

.If he convinces the public that the opponent will lose the war (we will no doubt be in a couple), then he will win

That's the part that scares me....Trump does seem to be on that track as evidenced by his advisory selections.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

America appears to be in the WAR business and Trump is a business man....
edit on 30-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join