It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Wait...for over a year some of you have been the biggest aholes in the world against Trump supporters and you say a nice thing and immediately if not praised we whine? You sound like crybabies.

I imagine some people on both sides will continue to be huge aholes. However, it would be nice if we wouldn't automatically accuse these aholes of being members of groups to which they do not belong.

There's a lot of knee-jerk pigeonholing around here.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You do have a point. I think what you may be seeing also is people who were supporting Trump being a bit more outspoken because during the election cycle you were a sitting duck in these forums. Not sure why people think that ATS is a alt-right or right wing site. I always see it as the opposite but maybe on the other side of the fence it feels the same.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wait...for over a year some of you have been the biggest aholes in the world against Trump supporters and you say a nice thing and immediately if not praised we whine? You sound like crybabies.

Oh just stop right #ing there. You and your fellow Trumpeteers have no room to talk about being assholes. All the bitterness of this election originated from Trump then trickled down to his supporters. The left didn't become assholes about this until Trump moved on from attacking his fellow peers in the RNC to attack Hillary Clinton and the left. Of course if you start attacking someone (in this case the left) they will attack back. Attacking someone then feigning ignorance when they get mad and retaliate is just intellectually dishonest.

You especially were a particularly notable asshole during the election months too.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Darkmadness
How are the liberals going to spin this now?

The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

Anything but a blind trust - not run by his children, is insufficient.

If he wants to avoid conflicts of interest, that is what he will do, blind trust, no family members having access.

~Tenth

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous standard that is entirely in opposition to the way things work in this country. Look at the net worths of most of America's former presidents before they entered the White House and after leaving. The Clintons entered DC claiming a quarter million dollars NET WORTH and are now sitting on an estimated $100-$150 Million net worth... To suddenly posture ourselves as expecting the Trump family disconnects themselves from any businesses owned while President Trump is in the office is a slap in the face when everyone preceding him to the office has turned the office itself into a small fortune. He's actively taking steps to ensure his presidency isn't viewed as a wealth building exercise as his predecessors' presidencies have been and that's more than enough in this American's eyes.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
You and your fellow Trumpeteers have no room to talk about being assholes.

Hey now, one thing I've never denied on ATS is the fact that I am an asshole. Hell, not only have I never denied it, I've shouted it from the rooftops. Please don't generalize.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You and your fellow Trumpeteers have no room to talk about being assholes.

Hey now, one thing I've never denied on ATS is the fact that I am an asshole. Hell, not only have I never denied it, I've shouted it from the rooftops. Please don't generalize.

At least you own it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is probably the 100th time I've posted this on ATS... love the song, can't disagree with much of anything in it aside from the fact that I am married and don't have a roving eye.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous standard that is entirely in opposition to the way things work in this country.

I believe it is reasonable to hold Trump to such a standard. His entire campaign was built on the premise that he was going to be different. He was going to change the tone of DC and set the example of how to properly represent the people. Is it unreasonable to hold him to the criteria he has set for himself?

Considering his assets and interests around the world, the only way to completely shut-down any conflicts of interest would be to place everything in a blind trust.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not sure why people think that ATS is a alt-right or right wing site.

There are more right wing mods than left for one.......

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Oh just stop right #ing there. You and your fellow Trumpeteers have no room to talk about being assholes. All the bitterness of this election originated from Trump then trickled down to his supporters. The left didn't become assholes about this until Trump moved on from attacking his fellow peers in the RNC to attack Hillary Clinton and the left. Of course if you start attacking someone (in this case the left) they will attack back. Attacking someone then feigning ignorance when they get mad and retaliate is just intellectually dishonest.

You especially were a particularly notable asshole during the election months too.

I second that.

Matafuchs.....you were one of the biggest assholes on here.

edit on 11/30/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Attack? No. But when told I am ignorant and retarded and dumb and stupid and misogynistic and homophobic and xenophobic and Islamophobic and any other phobic you wanted to create while trying to point out Hillary is criminal i can be an asshole. You got it.

I supported a candidate. Many of you did not even support a candidate but sure as hell would jump in so do NOT try to act all high and mighty like you and the other assclowns were simply 'reacting' or 'triggered' into acting that way.

Support and hate are two different things but you know one very well my fellow arsehole!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Man, this thread had the potential to be friendly, and it started off that way. It was a trip watching the discussion gradually degrade into bickering. At least some people are trying to be cool. The right vs left battle is getting old and it's getting us nowhere.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Do I hear a third? A fourth? Oh no, I might just go cry in my MAGA towel and burn a cross in the backyard...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Man, this thread had the potential to be friendly, and it started off that way. It was a trip watching the discussion gradually degrade into bickering. At least some people are trying to be cool. The right vs left battle is getting old and it's getting us nowhere.

Good point. I'm done with this thread. I can't even extend an olive branch to them without being labeled and insulted. I tried to be nice but I'm losing it and I'm not trying to get infracted.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: AlbanArthur

Do I hear a third? A fourth? Oh no, I might just go cry in my MAGA towel and burn a cross in the backyard...

Your tears sustain me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

The 11th post in the thread and you are already calling those who do not agree with you crazies and you want to say you extended and olive branch?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

My purpose is to show ATS how uterly retarded the "political mud pit" is.

They didn't make a mud pit for any other topic (9/11)....why now?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It would be wrong to remove his children from the company.
That is their livelihood.
It would not be fair to put them out of work.

There is no law that says a president must not have any businesses.
It is a temporary job.
Yet Trump is removing himself from running his businesses to devote himself to service to the country.
Trump likes challenges - this seems to be what personally fulfills him.
I think that working for the betterment of the country will be enough to satisfy him for the next 8 years.
He does not need more money.
He has already done more and accomplished more than most of us ever will.
This will be the ultimate challenge for him, and I think that he really, really wants to be successful at it, which is a win for all of us.

One of the things wrong with this country for a long time has been that we have had life-long politicians running the country, who have little or no worldly business experience.
In the earlier years of our country, many presidents still ran their farms and property while serving.
Trump is a new thing - he actually has a life outside of politics.
An 8 year service to the country should not mean that the rest of his life is over.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He's really not required to follow the medias timetable... Despite their opinion to the contrary.

As long as the divestiture takes place by Inaugural day, or what ever the actual deadline is, I'm fine.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

So where are his tax returns like he promised....

So not so honest or open at all, when he refuses to show his tax returns after he promised to!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join