It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So his family isn't allowed to run the business? I've noticed you're pretty draconian about Trump in almost every way. Now his children? family? If he is going to give up the business, then take his word for it and let him do what he needs to. Jesus christ man, want him on all fours too? when's enough?

If they want to work his business the nthey need to divorce themselves from his Presidency.

The conflict if interest is simply too much. How can Trump negotiate with China in good faith when his companies do millions of dollars of business there every year?

You can't tell me that his children will run the business and then not talk to him about his business.

A blind trust is just that, a blind trust.

That's how it's always been and that's how it must be for the billionaire business man who cares about ' the little people'.

If he wants to be transparent in this Presidency, he will have to abide by those rules.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
lol, It's an American tradition to criticize the President. It's also a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Soon it will be non-PC to criticize the POTUS and from the looks of it here, our leader will have a legion of drones ready to strike down anyone who dares disagree with him for any reason.

well to be fair, there are already a legion of Anti-Trump drones that strike down anyone who dares disagree with them. Just google riots and click any article that says "Hillary" and "Looters". My personal favorite is, "peaceful".

That has nothing to do with me, nor does it excuse anyone else's bad behavior. Not to mention, with Trump being the one in power and unable to handle criticism and also the kind of guy who likes to take revenge tenfold, well we shall see what happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Clinton IS a criminal and she is not out of the woods by a long shot. Also, you saying it is wrong is an opinion and I respect that but at the end of the day he is doing nothing illegal and instead of being Captain Ego he is doing the right thing and stepping away from Day to Day operations.

But Trump isn't planning on pursuing anything against Clinton. He's already said as much.

He doesn't have to go after her. All he has to do is let the DOJ and FBI do their jobs. It's pretty simple really. As President he can not do anything anyway, except maybe pardon her. Any investigation into Hillary is strictly the job of DOJ, FBI, Congress, and any other law enforcement officials that have jurisdiction. All he has to do is stay out of the way while they do their jobs.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Fair enough, however I don't see it as him unable to handle criticism, rather trolling the established, to include its viewers. They eat it up. He doesn't take revenge "tenfold". Interestingly enough, we have been waiting and what has been happening is him picking his cabinet, not taking a paycheck and now giving up his businesses..., I mean sure we can continue to wait and see, however so far so good, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not good enough.

He has to stop killin Muslims, black people, gay people and transgenders.

Oh wait...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Dahhhhh!!

I see what you did there, I almost responded to that and fell in! Phew...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

a reply to: zosimov

Fair enough, however I don't see it as him unable to handle criticism, rather trolling the established, to include its viewers. They eat it up. He doesn't take revenge "tenfold". Interestingly enough, we have been waiting and what has been happening is him picking his cabinet, not taking a paycheck and now giving up his businesses..., I mean sure we can continue to wait and see, however so far so good, right?

Yes. I definitely agree with you when you say "so far so good" and although there is a small part of me that worries about Trump's presidency more than any other president yet, there is a huge part hoping that he truly is the anti-establishment candidate who wants to make America great again as he claims.

I have nothing better to do than wait and see.

But if people want to criticize, I'd say let them do it. The first Amendment is truly something that makes America great.

As far as Trump's policy on revenge, he is on video saying:

“Get even with people. If they screw you, screw them back 10 times as hard.”

Maybe he was "joking." I don't know.

edit on 30-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is usually how it goes, most often than not, the president elect will have family members taking care of business, most presidential elect does have business before and will have those businesses as back once they leave offices.

8 American presidents owned businesses before they became presidents

Before They Were Elected: Presidents as Entrepreneurs

www.businessnewsdaily.com...

So is common practice.

edit on 30-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I just still do not see how owning resorts, hotels and property could be 'helped' by being president.

His foreign holdings are subject to regulation by foreign governments. Any new development in said countries would require additional permits, fees, etc. Any materials used in construction are subject to such constraints.

One of his hotels is trying to persuade the government there not to build a massive wind farm that would impede the view from his property.

Not to mention the fact that he's holding foreign loans.

Quite the contrary, there is virtually NO facet of his businesses that could not be helped by being President.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Good for him... Leave no doubt. Do the job the "right" way, and give the shills zero ammunition...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

He is just going to be handing them over to his kids. This doesn't solve any conflict of interests, and is nothing new.

The problems still remain.

Also, has Trump really set the bar so low that even the possibility that he is doing something that any president should 100% ALWAYS do, mean he is worthy of praise??

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well he damned well ought to be able to do that without noticing it. He gets state housing for as long as he is the President, if he should want of it, so he could save himself a packet there, not that he is worried about that in the least. He could live like a king for the next three decades and still have a stupid, ridiculous, insane amount of money left over!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
can't wait for our tax money to flow into government contracts awarded to his kids.....LET'S MAKE THE TRUMPS RICHER!!....and of course tax breaks doled out to Trump's business empire....ahhhh....the smell of nepotism in the morning...and for all the poor people, your healthcare will be a distant memory

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh god give me a break he has months to sort this out.

You democrats are like parasites.

Try again. I'm not a democrat.

Ummm...fess up dude...it's painful watching you contort yourself so...

Gonna call you...rubber band man...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

Repost
So I'm a Democrat because you say I am, even though that isn't my registered political affiliation and I've only ever supported the Democrats in one election in my life? So care to tell me what else I am since you are so knowledgeable about all my personal beliefs oh Mr. Arrogant One?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It is disgusting that you have had to say this twice in one 24 hour period.

You should not have to put up with that, your record speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

On top of that, in a thread where I actually acknowledged Trump doing the right thing. It's like they just can't help themselves from attacking me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

Repost
So I'm a Democrat because you say I am, even though that isn't my registered political affiliation and I've only ever supported the Democrats in one election in my life? So care to tell me what else I am since you are so knowledgeable about all my personal beliefs oh Mr. Arrogant One?

The problem is that we have so many people on ATS (and everywhere, really) who immediately cast anyone with a consistently opposing viewpoint as a member of some predefined opposition party, because then it's easy to discount their opinion as biased nonsense.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wait...for over a year some of you have been the biggest aholes in the world against Trump supporters and you say a nice thing and immediately if not praised we whine? You sound like crybabies.

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-30T13:09:09-06:000109 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

On top of that, in a thread where I actually acknowledged Trump doing the right thing. It's like they just can't help themselves from attacking me.

the political forums on ATS are dominated by the alt-right. they don't care what those on the left think, nor do they care what they say. to me, ATS (politically speaking) is just another right-wing site without the vulgarity. your opinion, Krazysh0t, doesn't matter to them, unless they can attack you on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join