It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Legal or not . It is wrong.

Clinton was a criminal, but not legally. So don't try to be by the book now when you weren't in the past.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Blah blah blah. You still on about this?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

There are in fact laws prohibiting presidents from having these types of interest conflicts, and Trump will likely find himself on the impeachment block.

That depends. The presidency does not have the same conflict of interest provisions as other government jobs, but he just might stumble down the path of treason or acting as an agent of a foreign power if he's not careful. Any further loss of popularity could lead to impeachment on any number of otherwise minor charges.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, for the first part, you're absolutely right. I'll concede to that.

For the second part, I do believe that and is perfectly reasonable to think that.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It's just that Trump getting elected throws a whole wrench into your CT that you can't just casually dismiss because you think that Trump took the reigns himself. At some point you have to acknowledge that tptb didn't have the power you assumed they had if Trump could seize the Presidency from them. It would make MORE sense to just say that Trump is an engineered con by them to make you THINK he is anti-tptb, but then again I think that idea is silly too. I don't like doing mental gymnastics to make my pet conspiracy theories work. I just change my opinions when reality proves me wrong.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

He could # golden bricks and mail them to you and you would still doubt him intro....

Did I not say it was a smart move? I give him credit for this gesture, but we cannot be blinded by Trump's shiny gold bricks and not recognize there is still potential for conflicts of interest.

Trump was supposed to be different. Presidents seem to profit handsomely while in office. Will Trump be different as promised and focus on the country, or will he be more of the same?

he gave up 450000.00 a year for 4 years so id say that's already different wouldn't you? Hes turning down 1.8 million.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Cheney did not own Haliburton thought. Even if he would have left the board and then there was a contract there still would have been questions and scrutiny.

I just still do not see how owning resorts, hotels and property could be 'helped' by being president. If he was on the Board of banks or military contractors then there could completely be a conflict if all of the companies he was a part of got fat contracts. I think what Cheney did was not kosher as the saying goes by the way.

He will never be out of the woods. He could put it all in a blind trust and if anyone stayed at ANY of his properties the MSM would still say he is making them do it. I mean, not sure if you have stayed at one of his properties but I would stay there if I was travelling as a diplomat no problem. Better than the Red Roof Inn....

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Clinton IS a criminal and she is not out of the woods by a long shot. Also, you saying it is wrong is an opinion and I respect that but at the end of the day he is doing nothing illegal and instead of being Captain Ego he is doing the right thing and stepping away from Day to Day operations.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Clinton IS a criminal and she is not out of the woods by a long shot. Also, you saying it is wrong is an opinion and I respect that but at the end of the day he is doing nothing illegal and instead of being Captain Ego he is doing the right thing and stepping away from Day to Day operations.

But Trump isn't planning on pursuing anything against Clinton. He's already said as much.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Cheney did not own Haliburton thought. Even if he would have left the board and then there was a contract there still would have been questions and scrutiny.

I said it was similar, not exactly the same.

I just still do not see how owning resorts, hotels and property could be 'helped' by being president.

Just because you cannot see a potential for conflict of interest does not means it's not there.

He could put it all in a blind trust and if anyone stayed at ANY of his properties the MSM would still say he is making them do it.

Ridiculous. Pure hyperbole. If anyone stayed at any of his properties?

Not sure if you are actually serious or using that nonsense to throw the MSM under the bus.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I would love to see that quote.

Oh and the president doesnt "go after" people in real life.
The DOJ and FBI do....and will as the CF is still under investigation. Your "conflict of interest" positions will be interesting to see when the shoe is on the other foot.

link   

Did he now? I think the MSM has got you thinking that just so his base can get riled up. The DOJ goes after criminals and not the POTUS. If he was seen as influencing them to go after her it would look like a personal attack. All he did was remove himself from the equation.

link   

As I said before I am surprised that there was ever a question of if he was stepping away from day to day operations.

Don't expect hooray for doing what has been expected from the start.

If you continue to call her a criminal without a conviction then expect the same treatment of your new emperor.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Whether a Trump supporter or not, we all have to question our government.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
It was in the news only a week ago...
Trump flips, now opposes prosecution for Clinton

Though recently he's started to walk that back and is trying to use this issue to blackmail Clinton into not joining a recount.
Trump Threatens To Prosecute Hillary Clinton If She Pursues An Election Recount

So I guess it could still happen. I just don't think that it happening because you failed to blackmail someone is really in the best spirit of the law.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
lol, It's an American tradition to criticize the President. It's also a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Soon it will be non-PC to criticize the POTUS and from the looks of it here, our leader will have a legion of drones ready to strike down anyone who dares disagree with him for any reason.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Still no quotes from trump.
Too bad she did real things that are currently under investigation, or has the fbi called off the investigation into the CF?
The definition of "reasonable prosecutor" is about to change as will the order of decision making in the DOJ.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Donald Trump:

This man did what very few thought he would be able to do, and won the election to be President of the United States of America. He is a business man, owning a lot of real estate in the country and around the world. Is there a conflict of interest, is he abusing the office of president, and is it against the law of the country? Those are the questions that we should be looking at and considering.

Is there a conflict of interest, yes and no, that is the answer that one would have to state when looking at the tangled mess that is the new president elect.

If he, his wife, his children and their families were not dealing in his business, handing it over to others to run, and stepping out of such positions, then this would be a moot point and we would not be looking at this right now.

However, there is compelling evidence where those questions will always be present. He stated he is turning it over to his children, who are involved in his administration right now. And he is not planning on staying at the White House, but Trump Towers in Manhattan, the seat of his organization.

Too much points to a conflict of interest, too much shows that he has no intention of letting it go to run the country, and be President, but remain as CEO of the Trump organization. So that would put his entire administration, and every decision into question as to if he is or is not having a conflict of interest, and if all of the foreign relations or even domestic policies would be based on if he is going to get a favorable deal on his properties or what he wants or not. Does he now further abuse the office and go after those who has offended him or towns that have denied him any permits or even try to force issues that he should not be focused on?

And this not taking a salary, that in itself is questionable, for while it seems noble in its intention, however, the way the man is acting, is starting to show some questions. He is already profiting from being president right now, and we the people have just paid for a time share, that we will never be allowed to use. Consider this: In the past, when a person was elected as President, there is a house in DC that the person and that persons family would go to. It is already set up with offices and all of the security teams in place to protect the new first family. Instead he is remaining in New York, where the people of that city and state are having to foot the bill for him and his family being there. This could go very badly for both the city and the country should something happen, or if the city of New York decides it can no longer afford to have him there.

Now should the man and his family turn it over to someone to run, and move to DC, then much of these questions would go away, but until then, there will always be questions, allegations and possible proceedings against him and his administration.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No. She isn't currently under investigation though. Trump is going to have to restart those investigations. Right now his team is saying they won't happen, but could if Clinton pursues this recount.

Wait how is it that Trump supporter managed to derail ANOTHER Trump thread with a "But what about Hillary"? deflection? When are you guys going to stop talking about that bitch? She is over and done with.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
lol, It's an American tradition to criticize the President. It's also a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Soon it will be non-PC to criticize the POTUS and from the looks of it here, our leader will have a legion of drones ready to strike down anyone who dares disagree with him for any reason.

well to be fair, there are already a legion of Anti-Trump drones that strike down anyone who dares disagree with them. Just google riots and click any article that says "Hillary" and "Looters". My personal favorite is, "peaceful".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join