It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

I quoted your posts in the exact order including the responses you responded to. I did not in any way alter any of it so what do you mean by "when you quote mine my posts like that" ?

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "quote mine" to get an answer for that.

You call quoting 3 posts, 2 of which were yours mining. I am sorry for you if that hurt your feelings. It did however very clearly and honestly pointed out the hypocrisy you displayed and it only took 2 of your posts to do so.

Or, you can just turn honest and come forth and admit and say something like "Yeah, that was a bit hypocritical of me to say".

Ok let me spell it out for you since you can't take a hint. A quote mine is where you take someone's words out of context to try to make them say something that wasn't intended. Let me point out your quote mine:
Here is what I said -

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that. I just care that it is being done, that it gets done, and that Trump is transparent about that. So FAR with this thread we now have 1 of the 3.

Here is what you said I said -

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that.

Notice a difference? I sure do. The following sentences to those ones that clarify the sentences you quoted are missing. Hence it is a quote mine.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I respectfully disagree in regards to the family transition and "...larger population of the states". He is giving up two things, very important and vital things to do a service for this country. I think we can overlooked that factor, the man created it with his two hands, I wouldn't do it and I hope he doesn't either, only time tells.

I am sorry you cannot accept his new status. However change is and will be happening for the better and as you say, its a start.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

He could # golden bricks and mail them to you and you would still doubt him intro....

Did I not say it was a smart move? I give him credit for this gesture, but we cannot be blinded by Trump's shiny gold bricks and not recognize there is still potential for conflicts of interest.

Trump was supposed to be different. Presidents seem to profit handsomely while in office. Will Trump be different as promised and focus on the country, or will he be more of the same?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

No deflection , I just find the double standard quite funny.

There is no double standard when one of the two "standards" is a pure hypothetical since it didn't happen. It's more the current standard and your opinion about what you THINK the other standard would be.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I posted this just for the conversation that is occurring now.

He is doing all that he is supposed to and still those who are all butthurt about him in office are still bitching and whining like school girls not asked to the prom.

In the end if he comes through when he is actually in office I could care less what his businesses do. That is not my concern. My concern is for our country and I truly think he is well on the way to doing exactly what he has stated he would do.

He will be under a YUUUUGE microscope but he has for years. So many people talk of him like he is a simple reality TV star who somehow was elected.

He started his campaign 4 years ago...and he won.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Uh... Trump lost the popular vote. That means that the "larger population of the united states" is skeptical of him.

He is giving up two things, very important and vital things to do a service for this country. I think we can overlooked that factor, the man created it with his two hands, I wouldn't do it and I hope he doesn't either, only time tells.

So #ing what? This is a job you volunteer to do. No one forced him to piss off half the country and run for President. He CHOSE to do it and that job comes with standards and precedents that should be followed to maintain the spirit of our democracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I understand that, but you folks are going above and beyond. Its like you all have been indoctrinated to the fact that politicians all have some sort of conflict of interest, Hillary being a huge one. Now, as you say, an outsider comes in and you automatically assume he'll do the same? I'm sure the thought crossed his mind, but in this regard he isn't stupid and with both camps letting loose, it'll be hard pressed to do anything with everybody and their mothers having an eyeglass at his every movement.

No, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt in how he handles his this particular issue.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If he isn't putting his investments and into a blind trust like all those that followed before him to prevent conflict of interest then he remains a slimy bas tard.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

He is different. Zero salary and leaving behind his interests to lead the country. What a president should do. Glad to see that you actually give him some credit. You do not have to be a fan to see he is doing the right thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I honestly don't know, however he achieves it, I have zero doubt his legal team will ensure it is 100% above board for open accountability purposes to ensure no conflict(s) of interest exists.

Come January, he will be working directly for US citizens, and consequently is fully accountable to them before anyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Zero salary and leaving behind his interests to lead the country.

If it is not in a blind trust he isn't leaving behind his interests.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

He is doing it to appease blind folks such as yourself. Still you aren't happy. So, you would rather him keep the check and the business then? I mean by law he can. Would that be preferable and the outcome of your emotions different?

Volunteer? the line to presidency has all been setup, don't give me that BS. No one forced him? the very actions of how the nation did things forced HIS hand and thus decided to intervene. He DID and he WON. That in itself should be an indicator.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I would not put it in a blind trust. Remember, there is NO legal reason for him to do anything. POTUS is exempt. Just like his tax returns. NO legal reason to release them.

You are letting personal feelings mingle with the law.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Darkmadness
How are the liberals going to spin this now?

The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

Anything but a blind trust - not run by his children, is insufficient.

If he wants to avoid conflicts of interest, that is what he will do, blind trust, no family members having access.

~Tenth

Actually, because his wealth is in international real estate he will have to sell all of it off. I don't see that happening.

link   
Blind trust. Got to be a blind trust.

Either that, or at some point he'll be involved in a nepotism scandal, because something will happen where a conflict of interests occurs.

He's an idiot if he doesn't put it all into a blind trust. For his own protection as much as anything else.

link   

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

I quoted your posts in the exact order including the responses you responded to. I did not in any way alter any of it so what do you mean by "when you quote mine my posts like that" ?

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "quote mine" to get an answer for that.

You call quoting 3 posts, 2 of which were yours mining. I am sorry for you if that hurt your feelings. It did however very clearly and honestly pointed out the hypocrisy you displayed and it only took 2 of your posts to do so.

Or, you can just turn honest and come forth and admit and say something like "Yeah, that was a bit hypocritical of me to say".

Ok let me spell it out for you since you can't take a hint. A quote mine is where you take someone's words out of context to try to make them say something that wasn't intended. Let me point out your quote mine:
Here is what I said -

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that. I just care that it is being done, that it gets done, and that Trump is transparent about that. So FAR with this thread we now have 1 of the 3.

Here is what you said I said -

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that.

Notice a difference? I sure do. The following sentences to those ones that clarify the sentences you quoted are missing. Hence it is a quote mine.

Not by a long shot. You entered the thread criticizing the time it took for him to do so followed by claiming that it is all of a sudden fine that he did so. You adding reason to your last post does not diminish the hypocrisy that you displayed in your statements it went wholly against your initial response no matter how you attempt to spin it.

You went from criticizing it to condoning and praising it because of just one argument in 2 posts. Lets not pretend it is any different then that.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 30 Nov 2016 08:16:22 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I understand that, but you folks are going above and beyond.

How am I going above and beyond. All I said is that Trump will have to be careful because simply handing-over control of his businesses does not remove all potential for conflict of interest.

Its like you all have been indoctrinated to the fact that politicians all have some sort of conflict of interest, Hillary being a huge one.

What are you talking about?

Now, as you say, an outsider comes in and you automatically assume he'll do the same?

I have not assumed anything.

No, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt in how he handles his this particular issue.

So am I, but I am not a fool and can recognize that this gesture does not clear him from potential conflicts of interest.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Trump is saying the right things. We should all actually wait to see what's in these legal documents of his before we assume he's actually DOING the right things.

To truly end the pretense of all conflict of interest, he would need to liquidate everything and put it in a blind trust, controlled by an independent, professional trustee.

I doubt very seriously he's going to do this.

If this document just says, "I'm leaving the business to my kids," that simply does not cut it. There are in fact laws prohibiting presidents from having these types of interest conflicts, and Trump will likely find himself on the impeachment block.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

He is doing it to appease blind folks such as yourself. Still you aren't happy. So, you would rather him keep the check and the business then? I mean by law he can. Would that be preferable and the outcome of your emotions different?

Are you high or something? I AM giving him credit for this in the thread. I SAID that his words today are a start, but I won't be satisfied until it is actually done. You trumpets are so ingrained with just attacking liberals such as myself that you reflexively do it even if we are acknowledging something Trump did as good.

Volunteer? the line to presidency has all been setup, don't give me that BS. No one forced him? the very actions of how the nation did things forced HIS hand and thus decided to intervene. He DID and he WON. That in itself should be an indicator.

Sorry I don't' believe this conspiracy theory. So that # isn't going to flush with me. You'll need better reasoning than that.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

He is different. Zero salary and leaving behind his interests to lead the country.

Not really. This is similar to what Cheney did with Haliburton during his time in office with Bush. How did that turn out?

As Tenth said, Trump would have to put his holdings in a blind trust to be truly "different".

You do not have to be a fan to see he is doing the right thing.

It's a start. We will see what he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join