It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

I quoted your posts in the exact order including the responses you responded to. I did not in any way alter any of it so what do you mean by "when you quote mine my posts like that" ?

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "quote mine" to get an answer for that.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck...

link   
Double post
edit on 30-11-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I would be genuinely surprised if there was not a clause giving him royalties of some description, I mean if he is literally only drawing down $1 as POTUS and then 'leaving my great business in total' then where is he going to draw a living wage from? he can't just live on hand-outs and freebies whilst MAGA.....the tax man requires openness and transparency?

Serious question - how will he get money to live or is he just going to live on real savings for 8 years?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck...

So I'm a Democrat because you say I am, even though that isn't my registered political affiliation and I've only ever supported the Democrats in one election in my life? So care to tell me what else I am since you are so knowledgeable about all my personal beliefs oh Mr. Arrogant One?
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Accomplishing yet another thing that Hillary would've refused to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So his family isn't allowed to run the business? I've noticed you're pretty draconian about Trump in almost every way. Now his children? family? If he is going to give up the business, then take his word for it and let him do what he needs to. Jesus christ man, want him on all fours too? when's enough?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

when's enough?

When he actually follows through to a satisfactory degree. You see, in the world outside the Trumpets we are skeptical of Trump so we are going to remain so until he actually PROVES us wrong. His words aren't going to be good enough. For me, they are a start, but only actions will truly satisfy me and the larger population of the states.

Also, Tenth has a point. His kids are currently intricately involved with his transition so if they are left in charge of the businesses then he hasn't truly severed that conflict of interest that everyone is talking about.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

originally posted by: Darkmadness
How are the liberals going to spin this now?

The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

By calling him a liar with secret and evil intent.

Remember what they think of Obama? You know, they guy who would be the most honest and open, and yet has proven to be one of the most secretive and dishonest administrations ever?

You just have to put on your reverse thinking cap.

edit on 30-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It's funny that liberals weren't asking this of Hillary during her SOS tenure nor her presidential campaign.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He will forever own them and control them thru his clone children. Believe it. He don't need the salary, or to go to work there everyday.. And he lives in the building.

To think he's not gonna be involved... is just stupid. The clone kids will jump to a call, a nod, whatever. Of course he'll say he isn't.. but thats ridiculous

Clone children?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

I quoted your posts in the exact order including the responses you responded to. I did not in any way alter any of it so what do you mean by "when you quote mine my posts like that" ?

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "quote mine" to get an answer for that.

You call quoting 3 posts, 2 of which were yours mining. I am sorry for you if that hurt your feelings. It did however very clearly and honestly pointed out the hypocrisy you displayed and it only took 2 of your posts to do so.

Or, you can just turn honest and come forth and admit and say something like "Yeah, that was a bit hypocritical of me to say".

link   

I had always thought he was going to leave his business if he won.

Are you guys saying that up until now that was in question?

My issue has always been that he wasn't putting things into a blind trust to keep him from back dealing his companies as president and as far as I know he hasn't addressed that conflict of interest issue.

He will probably be telling his kids each day what to invest in based on which bills he plans to pass. Or which military contract companies he will be giving no-bid contracts to.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

It's funny that liberals weren't asking this of Hillary during her SOS tenure nor her presidential campaign.

I'm sorry. What does this have to do with Hillary Clinton? Is Hillary Clinton currently the President elect and facing a deadline where she has to put her assets away to prevent a conflict of interest? No. Then why are we talking about her?

Seriously, Clinton's part in this debacle is over. Stop talking about her. It's Trumps turn. HE'S the only one in the spotlight now. Stop deflecting away from him.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He will forever own them and control them thru his clone children. Believe it. He don't need the salary, or to go to work there everyday.. And he lives in the building.

To think he's not gonna be involved... is just stupid. The clone kids will jump to a call, a nod, whatever. Of course he'll say he isn't.. but thats ridiculous

You don't know what you are talking about. They already run the business, he doesnt even have to and he's cutting all legal ties from the company. The opposite of what Clinton did, who took advantage of her office to make money. I'm sure you had no problem with that. They are his biological children , what the hell is clone children supposed ro mean? Trump makes his opposition go into mental breakdowns from a simple tweet.

link   
a reply to: introvert

He could # golden bricks and mail them to you and you would still doubt him intro....

link   

No deflection , I just find the double standard quite funny.
edit on 30-11-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

So his family isn't allowed to run the business? I've noticed you're pretty draconian about Trump in almost every way. Now his children? family? If he is going to give up the business, then take his word for it and let him do what he needs to. Jesus christ man, want him on all fours too? when's enough?

Trump hoisted this burden on to himself. He ran a campaign that tried to position him outside of the establishment elite and if he is going to follow-through he will have to make some drastic changes.

Otherwise, he is just more of the same and I don't think that is what his supporters voted for.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I would be genuinely surprised if there was not a clause giving him royalties of some description, I mean if he is literally only drawing down $1 as POTUS and then 'leaving my great business in total' then where is he going to draw a living wage from? he can't just live on hand-outs and freebies whilst MAGA.....the tax man requires openness and transparency?

Serious question - how will he get money to live or is he just going to live on real savings for 8 years?

You dont think he can live of interest?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's called hypocrisy and Clintons woes aren't over, 2017 should be very interesting for the Clinton foundation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join