It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump leaving his business behind to focus on his new job...POTUS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So....Donald Trump will be holding a press conference on Decemner 15th to discuss leaving his company so there is no conflict of interest with his new job as POTUS. There has been TONS of talk about his new hotel as well as international business deals that would have been a conflict of interest. So many on here and in the MSM talking about how he is using the POTUS as a way to make money. He is not even taking his POTUS salary.

HE does not have to do this but he is so can the discussions on this now cease?

I will be holding a major news conference in New York City with my children on December 15 to discuss the fact that I will be leaving my great business in total - in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses. Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!

www.bbc.com...

edit on 11am30amf0000002016-11-30T07:19:56-06:000756 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Bout time! It only took weeks of the press nagging him about it.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
How are the liberals going to spin this now?

The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is not like he has a lawn business....
I cannot imagine what it actually will take to do this with all of his holdings.

+19 more 
link   

Oh god give me a break he has months to sort this out.

You democrats are like parasites.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that. I just care that it is being done, that it gets done, and that Trump is transparent about that. So FAR with this thread we now have 1 of the 3.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

Oh god give me a break he has months to sort this out.

You democrats are like parasites.

Try again. I'm not a democrat.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Bout time! It only took weeks of the press nagging him about it.

originally posted by: matafuchs

It is not like he has a lawn business....
I cannot imagine what it actually will take to do this with all of his holdings.

But that's fine if it takes a while. I don't care about that.

Within minutes the hypocrisy shows.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

1 of 3 what?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Didnt Trump say in his first interview as president elect that he was not going to be involved with the running of his business . Why is this a thing now .
edit on 30-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So he won't take a check and now is going to give up his businesses to focus all on the Presidency.

Can't it get any better? What more does the left want? How will the response be?

I am so happy that he is our president. What a finger to the Elite and Establishment. You know the lower levels of social stratification see this.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Of the things I just said. I just listed three things. He has now fulfilled the transparency part of the list (though he needs to maintain that transparency until the project is done).

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yup...but the media does not listen to that nor the pundits. I am sure that this is something his lawyers were preparing for awhile.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Gotcha...I thought you had a separate list of 3 things he needed to do and this was one of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Smart move by Trump, but it does not completely remove the potential for a conflict of interests. He will still need to be mindful throughout his presidency.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

He will forever own them and control them thru his clone children. Believe it. He don't need the salary, or to go to work there everyday.. And he lives in the building.

To think he's not gonna be involved... is just stupid. The clone kids will jump to a call, a nod, whatever. Of course he'll say he isn't.. but thats ridiculous

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Like I said. As long as he is being transparent about the process I'm good. Before he was keeping everyone in the dark and that was a no-go for me. I'm willing to acknowledge when Trump does the right thing.

Though I AM curious how this will be done so I'm not going to completely let him off the hook here until I hear how he plans on going about this on December 15th.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

a reply to: everyone

Why yes. It does appear that way when you quote mine my posts like that. Sheesh I can't even acknowledge Trump doing the right thing without you crazies jumping down my back.

I quoted your posts in the exact order including the responses you responded to. I did not in any way alter any of it so what do you mean by "when you quote mine my posts like that" ?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
How are the liberals going to spin this now?

The most open and honest presidency in my lifetime easily.

Anything but a blind trust - not run by his children, is insufficient.

If he wants to avoid conflicts of interest, that is what he will do, blind trust, no family members having access.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join