It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SMART 1 takes photo of the Moon's surface.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ESA's SMART-1 captured its first close-range images of the Moon this January, during a sequence of test lunar observations from an altitude between 1000 and 5000 kilometres above the lunar surface.

More photos and article.

How cool is that? At least everything is working alright for the European Space Agency.

Check this out too:

20 January 2005 These images, taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft, show Claritas Fossae, a series of linear fractures located in the Tharsis region of Mars.

Europe has got alot of neat space projects going on, check out European Space Agency homepage!

[edit on 26-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

jra

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mars Express is a great probe. I love the 3d surface pics they make from that. SMART-1 look to be like a great probe too. I've been eagerly awaiting for it to get to the Moon and take pics ever since it launched. Looks like it's finally starting now. I wonder if the image resolution and magnification will be high enough to see the old Apollo landing sites.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Didnt the european space agenscy lose two mars probes last year? Or was that faulty memory on my part?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One which was lost Beagle 1 on mars was infact a British probe and it hitched a ride on an ESA probe. I thought it was a ESA mission but jra cleared that up in another thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you for that bit of info. Maybe I can hitch a ride with the european space agency and go to mars...I think it would be cool....

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh

ESA's SMART-1 captured its first close-range images of the Moon this January, during a sequence of test lunar observations from an altitude between 1000 and 5000 kilometres above the lunar surface.

More photos and article.

How cool is that? At least everything is working alright for the European Space Agency.

The clarity of the photo is great. Now if they can just take some pictures of the dark side showing those so called Alien bases.

E_T

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Didnt the european space agenscy lose two mars probes last year? Or was that faulty memory on my part?
Those were NASA's, Climate Orbiter was lost because of someone used unstandard units and Polar Lander propably had faulty sensors in landing gears.

Beagle 2 was British only addition piggypacked to Mars Express so currently success percentage of ESA's Mars flights is 100.

Here's good list of probe flights, as you can see some objects have been literally bombarded with probes... although with not so good success rate in case of Mars.
www.solarviews.com...
(also Japanese Nozomi failed)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for that link E_T! great resource! I didn't know the Russians had the first sucessfull mars landing!...and the first surface image! Here's a link to it:

en.wikipedia.org...:Mars3_partial_photo.jpg

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
First of all this is not a joke, the photo taken at Lunar latitude 75 degrees North by Smart-1 shows a humanoid statue I call the Emperor with a crown. I first saw this from Nasa photos that were not as clear as the photos from smart-1. Next to the Emporer is a fallen statue leaning at a 45 degree angle that looks similar to an Aztec statue. Other anomolies include other humanoid statues and heads including vehicles in this photo. An entrance near the crater has a geometric design with a Penguin design near the opening. You must first train your eyes to see these things I have spent thousands of hours studying satellite and ground zero rover missions on Mars and in our Solar System. You haven't seen anything yet. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Care to provide a link to these photos rikriley?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
how can you post that and not contain a link?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh yes. Now I see it.(lol) I can also see a 67 or 68 Chev Impala. Resolution not quite good enough to tell properley.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
To see the Emporer with crown go to www.esa.int/esa click on smart -1's first images from Moon. Go to lunar craters Brianchon and Pascal photo, now look toward the top darkened part of photo at 11:30 bingo there it is now enlarge the photos to get a better look again train your eyes it will take a while to see these things. You will see other statues, vehicles and anomolies. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Or you can look at these excellent quality pics of the glass ruins on mars from Richard Hoagland's website.

www.enterprisemission.com...

but seriously, it's all speculation. In Hoagland's case it's outright ridiculous, but as for the emporer, don't you think that maybe a rock that looks like a statue is just that?

It seems more likely to me that it's a funny shaped rock, and not the remains of an ancient civilization that lived on an airless rock.

Especially when there is tons of evidence supporting funny shaped rocks, and none supporting life on the moon.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Time will tell who is right about the anomolies on the Moon. As far as aliens or humanoids living on the Moon anything is possible when it comes to our Solar System, Galaxy or Universe. What do I personally think, I believe our Moon has and still is being used as a mining colony as well as an alien base on the dark side. If you were trying to hide an instalation this would make perfect sense since the darkside of the Moon is not seen by Earthlings. Is the Moon hollow some think so including siesmic data. If so it would be a perfect place to hide an alien installation. Rik Riley

[edit on 2-2-2005 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
any chance of this thing having good enough resolution to get a pic of the rover?
I really want to see the whole moon hoax BS put to rest.

jra

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
any chance of this thing having good enough resolution to get a pic of the rover?
I really want to see the whole moon hoax BS put to rest.

Rover? You mean the Apollo landing sites right? I don't know how good the camera is, but I too hope it can see them somewhat.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yeah Jra I was refering to the orginal rover the moon rover at the pollo sites. So does anyone know if smart will be able to, or is gong to get any pics?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Once Smart-1 photographes the Apollo site upo close, the hoaxers will complain that SMART-1 was a hoax
Like the Russians and now the French wouldn't be the first to expose any American hoax if given the change

It would be a great joke though if some renegade billionaire has planted a '67 chevy on the moon , it would completely baffle the scientists

Really curious tough for the dark side of the moon and above all water-ice in craters near the poles to jumpstart colonisation.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join