It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan presidential recount could cost taxpayers nearly $1M

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No, I think that is the blank that was prepared....that is not signed or dated.

It's now so late....and if they were to start tomorrow....seems like it would take away the right to appeal to the State's side.
Hard to believe the judge would do that.
But, then, this whole thing is beyond strange.
edit on Sun Dec 4 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The ruling is in....the recount starts Monday. Not sure what this des to the state law suits.

www.freep.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
The ruling is in....the recount starts Monday. Not sure what this des to the state law suits.

www.freep.com...

Stein seems to be arguing most on the basis that 75k ballots in Detroit had no selection for President... i.e. potential scanning errors as opposed to people really saying no to both candidates.

The judge has ordered the recount to be completed by the 13th, but I don't see how they will be able to do that.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I hope they watch those people recounting to make sure they don't fill in the blanks!

The GOP lawyer argued yesterday that they would not have time to mobilize their people for Monday, since they were planning on Wednesday.
I wonder if that is why this Obama-appointed judge waited until so late to rule on Monday.
Nobody might be available in some areas to watch for filling in the blanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How much have useless groundless "investigations" on Obama and Hillary cost the taxpayers?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I doubt it was only Detroit.

I'm sure it is really nationwide.

From what I have read, there was about 40,000 such ballots in the last election in Michigan.
And the blanks are legit: people who were disgusted with the choices DIDN'T VOTE for POTUS....left it blank or did a write-in for their dog or Donald Duck.

Yeah, I read that....but they were supposed to have been ready for last Friday, originally??

edit on Mon Dec 5 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
...left it blank or did a write-in for their dog or Donald Duck.

Exactly, present company included.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Exactly.
I don't see why they do not accept that so many people did not vote for President.
How many people on ATS were saying that they did not like any of the choices?
That sentiment seemed to be fairly widespread.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I guess Stein is going to be a magician and take the blank votes ballots and pin them to her forehead and guess who the voter wanted to vote for.

Occurs is going to be Hillary is just that they forgot.

The woman is a sad joke, nobody is going to want her anywhere close to politics for the rest of her sorry life

She is getting bad attention, her reputation is going in toilet but she is making money until her faithful followers starts to wake up that she is robing them to death, while making the tax payer pay for her fetish.
edit on 5-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is just so bizarre....and unprecedented.

But, we will watch to see over the next few hours whether or not Michigan Republicans, or President-elect Donald Trump, appeal Judge Goldsmith’s decision to the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. Also, we’ll be watching to see what happens in separate lawsuits filed with the Michigan Court of Appeals and the state Supreme Court.

But, let’s say there was an appeal. Let’s even say that the Court of Appeals overturned Judge Goldsmith’s opinion. Well, the recount would, barring more legal action, begin again tomorrow evening or Wednesday - simply reverting back to that initial two-day waiting period in state law.

michiganradio.org...

Let's keep racking up the billable hours....and be sure to send the bill to Stein ETAL....not the residents of Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And tell us....just what method of voting would be most effective, most efficient and most tamper-proof.....and does it exist and is it affordable

In his ruling, Goldsmith wrote that "budgetary concerns are not sufficiently significant to risk the disenfranchisement of Michigan's nearly 5 million voters."
www.reuters.com...
edit on Mon Dec 5 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well the judge also said that the Michigan votes were already certified, the recount will start in a few and they have to be done before the day the electoral voters go to vote, still he said is not going to make any difference because the certified votes were already signed by the Gov, and send to Washington.

So is a done deal, but still they will allow a recount.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The certified results would need to be resent if the results change the outcome.
If that happens, I think we would need to look at HOW it happened.
I fear more fraud from this recount than from the election.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think it will not made a big difference that is why Stein is now going after the votes that have not presidential vote.

She is just digging anything she can, Hillary would be so proud.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

In most cases, precincts will have observers from both sides to keep tampering from happening....at least I hope that is how it works.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am sure that a savvy businessman like Trump will have all areas of this recount covered.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is the schedule for the Michigan recounts.
MI Schedule By Date
MI Schedule by County Name

A few counties started today.
The last counties to start will be Dec 12! That sounds way too close to the deadline of 12/13.

edit on 12/5/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/16 by BlueAjah because: links

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

T6he sound like in purpose, but taking into consideration that the electoral votes are already been certified, they will go on voting regardless.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Actually, in an article i read....the Federal Judge has said the recount will continue until HE SAYS it is over.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Those counties are all sparsely populated...and if memory serves, most went for Trump.
And, since the results in MI are certified....I doubt they would make a difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
And just in case anyone is still in doubt that Clinton is helping with the recount effort:
www.hillaryclinton.com...
edit on 12/5/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join