It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan presidential recount could cost taxpayers nearly $1M

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My only question is are they going to publish a running, day-by-day total as they go? I sure hope so, if we are paying for it at least give us some entertainment value.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

She is truly a progressive liberal politician then.

She'll make a big deal about nothing and leave others to pay for it. Shouldn't be surprising at this point I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

And, what cavalier BS.....

“Most of that cost, if not all of it, should be handled by the fee,” Stein said. “And if some of it is not, you know, democracy is not free.”

You know what else is "cavalier BS" ?

The idea that a political party that has spent a decade claiming the vote is rigged and voting machines and tabulations are corrupt championing and aping the rhetoric of a candidate who spent months loudly proclaiming the system was rigged...all of sudden shouting about how an audit of our voting system...whatever the price..is too expensive.

So the OP claimed 1 Million?...Which ended up being BS...AGAIN...

But lets assume an audit of the Presidential vote does cost taxpayers 1 Million...too expensive?...

Meanwhile....

Cost to NYC: $1 million per day!
Trump Tower security: Street closures, cost to NYC taxpayers and more to know

www.amny.com...

Plus this...
Secret Service To Rent 2 Floors At Trump Tower; Presidential Profits At Taxpayers' Expense?www.amny.com...

edit on 1-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So the OP claimed 1 Million?...Which ended up being BS...AGAIN...

Could cost 1 Mil. Could be more. Do you have proof that it will certainly not? Keep in mind, paper ballot state here that has been certified.

Your post isn't without merit however, it is off topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Another voice heard in an effort to halt this craziness.
Schuette, the Michigan Attorney General, has petitioned the Michigan Supreme Court for an emergency hearing.

Schuette seeks to stop Michigan recount

“This court cannot allow a dilatory and frivolous request for a recount by an aggrieved party to silence all Michigan votes for president,” Deputy Attorney General Matthew Schneider wrote in a court filing on Schuette’s behalf.

Michigan Attorney General Vows to Stop Recount; Donald Trump Contests It

“Michigan voters rejected Stein’s candidacy by massive margins but her refusal to accept that state-verified result poses an expensive and risky threat to hard-working taxpayers and abuses the intent of Michigan law,” Schuette said in a statement. “We have asked the court to end the recount which Stein is pursuing in violation of Michigan laws that protect the integrity of our elections. It is inexcusable for Stein to put Michigan voters at risk of paying millions and potentially losing their voice in the Electoral College in the process.”

edit on Fri Dec 2 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I fully support validating our voting process to preserve the integrity of our votes.
I think that our system should require photo ID, and a process to be sure that everyone who is registered is a living citizen.
And any electronic system should be strictly controlled and tested to be sure they are fair.

However, the way that this recount is occurring, and the motives behind it, do not have anything to do with the above.

Stein waited until the last hour of the last day in each state to request a recount.
The funding of her efforts is suspicious.
She only requested recounts in the 3 states Trump won by a small margin, and that would help Clinton if they are negated.
She demands hand counts, to slow down the process.
In Dane County WI, a strongly democratic count, they are hand-counting. Stein and Clinton people are slow walking the process to the point they may not meet the deadline for electors to vote.
Now she wants to do the same thing to MI and PA.
In PA she is taking it a step further, and is attempting to invalidate the entire election in court by declaring it illegal.

Her motives have nothing to do with a fair vote. In fact, it is just the opposite.
She is colluding with Clinton to STEAL THE VOTE from WI, MI, and PA - totally.
She wants to stop our electors from having a vote at all.
That is the opposite of giving people a fair vote.

edit on 12/2/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
DRAMA in Michigan this morning on the RECOUNT front!
www.freep.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well said.

I have heard conflicting stories about the timeline allowed to request recounts.
So, that could be part of it...but why these states?
Why not Illinois....long tied to allegations of voter corruption?
Why not California...where there is no ID required to register to vote?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I fully support validating our voting process to preserve the integrity of our votes.
I think that our system should require photo ID, and a process to be sure that everyone who is registered is a living citizen.
And any electronic system should be strictly controlled and tested to be sure they are fair.

However, the way that this recount is occurring, and the motives behind it, do not have anything to do with the above.

Stein waited until the last hour of the last day in each state to request a recount.
The funding of her efforts is suspicious.
She only requested recounts in the 3 states Trump won by a small margin, and that would help Clinton if they are negated.
She demands hand counts, to slow down the process.
In Dane County WI, a strongly democratic count, they are hand-counting. Stein and Clinton people are slow walking the process to the point they may not meet the deadline for electors to vote.
Now she wants to do the same thing to MI and PA.
In PA she is taking it a step further, and is attempting to invalidate the entire election in court by declaring it illegal.

Her motives have nothing to do with a fair vote. In fact, it is just the opposite.
She is colluding with Clinton to STEAL THE VOTE from WI, MI, and PA - totally.
She wants to stop our electors from having a vote at all.
That is the opposite of giving people a fair vote.

Exactly - put the proper controls in place and do it BEFORE an election.
Democrats have resisted proper controls and spent years telling everyone who would listen that elections could not be rigged, whilst being caught on video admitting to a history of election fraud.
Now they lost, apparently they changed their mind on the feasibility of election rigging and have waited till the last minute to join the recount process and slow it down in a effort to dismiss 3 states electoral college votes.

Complete hypocrites and as usual will do and say anything to get their way. The democrats became the fascist party over the last 8 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this makes any sense.....the MI board of Canvassers was deadlocked along party lines...and that means the recount will proceed....so the request to halt was pretty much ignored..IMHO.

And it will be by hand...apparently?
And, if they do not finish MI votes are SOL? No one is sure...and they are trying to say December 13th is not a real deadline?
And, MI residents get the huge bill? No one is saying.

www.freep.com...
www.mlive.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Florida and Nevada now in the recount list.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you have any links or sources?
What are they planning to do: dismantle the entire election process

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Nevada is happening:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In Florida - the votes are certified.
An attorney, funded through "crowdsourcing" (*Soros/Clinton*?) within days, has filed a court case for a recount.
But I don't think the court has decided.

In Florida Trump won by over 112,000, so I'm not sure how far this would get.

www.palmerreport.com...

edit on 12/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Apparently Stein has filed a lawsuit in Federal Court attempting to thwart the State of Michigan and Trump. I can't even see how Federal Court could issue a ruling on such an issue without a ruling from Michigan's Supreme Court. The Constitution clearly gives domain over the elections to each of the states. A Federal ruling contrary to state laws would effectively usurp the power given by the Constitution to the states. Things are getting really scary here

www.mlive.com...
edit on 3-12-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The votes ARE certified in Michigan as well...that didn't seem to matter.
Close or not, MI was certified.....so really counted twice already.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Yep....SMH
www.mlive.com...

The federal filing comes after both Attorney General Bill Schuette and Trump filed separate motions in state court to prevent the recount from happening.

What is wrong with that woman???

Anyhow, since the MI Attorney General has filed for an emergency hearing with the MI Supremes, I doubt the Fed Court will intervene at this point.

More info on the other pending lawsuits
www.nytimes.com...

On Friday, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in the Michigan Court of Appeals in an attempt to block the recount there, which had not yet begun. “If the Bureau of Elections moves forward with the recount, it will waste the State’s scarce resources, create a logistical nightmare for counties across the State, and assure that Michigan’s Electoral College voters will not be counted,” the filing said.

edit on Sat Dec 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well, I guess we will have to wait and see. I am unclear on the process here. Will a panel of judges decide, or a solitary decision by a single judge be made?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

$1,000,000? Isn't that like a penny per person?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

oops, wrong state...

edit on 12/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Looks like stein has withdrawn the court case in Pennsylvania...
She says she is going to make a major announcement about further plans on Monday and is going to do so outside Trump tower... Not sure what that is all about.???
edit on 3/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join