It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Donald Trump - Mitt Romney Interaction Dynamic is Fascinating.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This dynamic between President-elect Donald Trump, and 2012 Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, is fascinating to me.

During his campaign for President, Donald Trump called Mitt Romney a "choker". He also said that Mitt Romney was ready to "take to his knees", in order to gain Donald Trump's endorsement, when Mitt was running for President in 2012.

At about this same time (March 2016), Mitt Romney held a special 15-minute televised press briefing, to clearly spell out why he felt that his fellow Republican, Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump, was a FRAUD, a FAKE, a DANGEROUS SCAM ARTIST...and other very personal insults.

Video of this press briefing: www.youtube.com...

Fast Forward to November 19, 2016:

Despite Mitt Romney's obvious disdain for Mr. Trump as a human being, he is now invited to interview for the important U.S. Secretary of State positon, by newly minted President-elect, Donald J. Trump.

A week after that interview, people within Trump's inner circle of his Presidential transition team (Kelly Anne Conway & Newt Gingrich) did something totally unprecedented. They hit the TV news circuits, on Thanksgiving weekend, to say that a large number of Trump supporters feel that Mitt Romney would be a horrible Secretary of State, due to his lack of loyalty, personal insults of Trump, and a big difference of opinion with Donald Trump, on foreign policy matters.

Now here we are, 3 days later, and Donald Trump is having Dinner with Mitt Romney at a restaurant in Trump Tower, New York City.
Story: www.cnn.com... (Doesn't Mitt look "annoyed" ?)

After the dinner tonight, Mitt Romney comes outside and declares that, "America's Best Days are Ahead of Us!"
Story: www.msn.com...

ATS COLLEAGUES:

Do you think that Donald Trump and Mitt Romney have "buried the hatchet" and are preparing for a serious, on the same page, working relationship, with Mitt Romney as Secretary of State?

Or, is Donald Trump perhaps stringing Mitt Romney along, getting his hopes up, before offering him a janitorial job..or none at all, in retaliation for that 15 minutes of nationally televised insults from Mitt Romney on March 3rd?

Any other theories???

-CareWeMust

Look, if they can't get along and work together as a team, there will be no improvement. How does it benefit anyone if they just slew insults at each other? That they had shown disdain for each other shows they are just like the average person, more so being so emotional in their responses. That they are coming together to work it out shows they are ALSO above average people who are role modeling what we all need to do, which is move away from being AVERAGE AND TYPICAL to AWESOME. The only way to be awesome is to TRY to get along with each other and come together to work together.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT in their heart.

I think most are so used to being dealt plain crap, because it has been a bunch of CRAP for 8 years and longer for many others, they are now stuck in that mode. Instead of resolving they are LOOKING for problems because that's what they are used to.

Anyone taking notice of the dynamics going on here between them just shows that the mental fog in their brain is being shook up and it's making them wonder. Speculate. Hopefully clicking their brain's gears into a different mode. A positive one. Much needed after 8 or so years of financial hell followed by the highly emotionally charged election.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It is very mysterious.
I'm sure that Trump knows exactly what he is doing.

I saw one insider interviewed who said that Trump is not mad at Conway at all for what she said about Romney.
In fact, she asked him if it was ok if she stated her opinion in an interview before it happened, and he told her to go for it.
I have heard many say that Trump likes being around people who are not yes-men.
He likes when people challenge him with different points of view, as long as they can back up their reasoning.

This shows that Trump is choosing who he feels is best for the jobs, and is not being manipulated by his loyalists.

Trump wants someone who is qualified to do the job, and as much as I dislike Romney, I think he is qualified.

I don't think that Trump is as thin-skinned as people think.
He fires back when he is insulted, but I have not seen him to hold a grudge.
He even had that private meeting with Megyn Kelly to bury the hatchet after their disagreements.

My personal feeling is that Romney never really got to know and understand Trump when he was against him.
I think he bought into the MSM and the elite spin and went with it.
His main beef with Trump might have been just that he was not an "insider".
Maybe when he had all of these meetings, he got to know Trump better.
Others who previously disliked Trump had nice things to say after they got to know him personally.

But, I think that we will not know who Trump will choose for SoS until he chooses.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm intrigued by all of it. Things are happening in a different way and things will be happening in different ways with this coming presidency. I am looking forward to what unfolds.

I can't see Donald wasting his time trying to set Romney up for a fall. From what I've gathered, Donald's all about work and results and if you tell him you'll do something and don't deliver you will be called on the carpet.

I can't say I'm a legitimate fan of Romney but I do know I don't have the whole perspective of what's going on at that level. There's the tendency to judge things from a limited level of awareness without having the whole picture of what's happening on the higher levels. I did see Romney make a lot of changes when he was Governor of MA. He was quick and then he was gone.

By the way, the Transition 2017 (Twitter) team is asking for suggestions and stories on how to MAGA.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Satire:

Trump is twisting and twisting and twisting the knife into Romney and Romney is too dumb to see it.

I think Trump will pick Petraeus for Secretary of State, if he really wants to be strategic with his other military guys, because Petraeus knows something about the Middle East. Romney would be a much weaker choice, but would be very beholden to Trump if chosen, therefore loyal (hopefully) and not one of the military club. Petraeus's military connections cut both ways as far as utility to the President goes.

Giuliani, to me, is a long shot, but he is very close to Trump. He might be the dark horse.

My pick is Petraeus. He is a very able man and subtle enough. He knows the terrain in the Middle East well.
edit on 30-11-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I'm glad you posted that photo of Trump and Romney having dinner last night. The looks on their faces at that moment speaks volumes, if you're familiar with their personality types.

Between Romney, Giuliani, and Petraeus, as Secretary of State choices, which of the three:

1. Would have the most difficult time being approved/confirmed by the U.S. Senate?

2. Would make more Trump supporters happy?

3. Would make more Trump supporters unhappy?

4. Would make the Liberal Mainstream Media happy?

5. Would make the Liberal Mainstream Media unhappy?

edit on 11/30/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
December 13, 2016

I guess the Rush Limbaugh theory that Donald Trump was just "stringing Mitt Romney along" all this time, as payback for the deeply personal hurt that Romney inflicted upon Trump during the campaign, was the correct theory.

At least Romney got a couple of gourmet dinners out the S.O.S. interview process, LOL. I wonder how Mitt feels about Donald now? Are Mormons allowed to Cuss and Swear?

-cwm

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join