It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Left Is so Star Struck With Racist-Sexist-Violent-Rappers? Hillary-Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Annee

This has nothing to do with free speech. It has to do with the vile/racist subject matter in their music. They have all the rights to make what ever they want. But should they go to the WH?

Ask the ACLU. It's a thin line. What is expression and what is considered a direct threat.

Rappers are citizens of this country. Should a citizen be allowed in the White House?

There are many perspectives to have a viewpoint from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a personal level? My kid listens to instrumental jazz - - he's 9. Unless its silly lyrics. He likes comedy. I don't even let him listen to "teeny bob" lyric stuff. Its pretty bad.

I expect when he is a teen, he will listen to what his friends listen to. Hopefully, by that time I have formed his thinking enough - - he will not embrace anything that will cause him to have negative behavior or thinking.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You seem to miss what I am asking. So here it is, and This will be the final time.

Should these rappers been invited to the WH? The only reason I say no is because of the racist hate speech along with the other garbage.
They can rap their specific brand of music, I just don't think they should be invited to the WH.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

RAP is basically a type of "folk music", stories from the street, from life.

Yes, some of it is very hard core, but they're telling their story.

It's not a life I've lived, so I don't relate to the hard core stuff. That doesn't make it wrong.

It's just not my story.
Actually, racism, objectifying women, and glorifying violence are not okay even when they are done as telling their folk story. The White House should allow anyone who isn't a direct threat, but *inviting* or *welcoming* people (not just allowing them in) who promote such things is bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The problem with the arguments for and against them being in the White House is that it's a moral argument. Some believe the lyrics and the example being set is immoral, while others do not. Without having a guideline for morality (which I can't think of any that aren't religious doctrines) it's always going to be this way, and as art, entertainment, etc, get broader and encompass more territory, the ultimate decision as to what's moral or immoral or what is a good example or a bad one will be as divided as it can get.

That's why religious doctrine plays such a big part in controlling the population of the world, imo. Just not here in the U.S., we have freedom. With that freedom, come problems such as this though. Humans will always find something to be divided on, I think.

Arguing over whether or not JayZ should rap in the White House is truly a privilege when you think about the alternative. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this as there's no clear majority feeling about whether his lyrics are immoral. That's something we have the freedom to decide for ourselves thankfully!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
America has embodied racisim and voilence since its inception. I see no reason why your politicians cant rub shoulders with rappers.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kebab

Well I think you maybe in the minority with that feeling.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The ultimate question of 'Should they be allowed in the White House?' is insanely inane.

Do you know how many people visit the White House? --even daily?
Is the White House supposed to be viewed as some holy site?

Now, excluding the term /visit/, I'm sure you are aware of how many people are invited.
I am sure you know who has /sat/ in the Oval Office.

Do you think these people are somehow different than the people they invite? Many points can be argued that they are even worse than the /artists/ that they bring in.

So, is this really an argument about a convicted artist visiting a corrupt palace?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Why are the leaders of the left so eager to have the rappers who rap about racism, sexism, violence, and drugs visit the White House and want them in their public life?

Well, they already have a sway over the minds of young people. So, why not have people in high positions get them to visit the White House and maybe influence their lyrics and style. Introduce some positive message to their music and then have them pass that on to their audience.

Having them as guests at the White House is actually a public service if it influences their music positively and thereby influences their audience of young people.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: kebab

Well I think you maybe in the minority with that feeling.

No i can clearly see the wood from the trees, America is a sick, hypocritical joke.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeowWix

I think visiting and taking the 20$ tour is different than having a night with the pres from an invitation. Of course they can visit, but an invite from the pres is endorsing the questionable subject matter in their art.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: WeowWix

I think visiting and taking the 20$ tour is different than having a night with the pres from an invitation. Of course they can visit, but an invite from the pres is endorsing the questionable subject matter in their art.

I addressed visit/invite already as well.

And, one last time, these are artists. There are far more people invited to the White House that have 'questionable material' or ideas than these business artists. --it is all subjective though.

The White House is just a building; the people coming and going are of all different creeds.

If your main idea is that 'Media Effects: Media Affects' then that deserves an entirely different thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Does whose invited to the white house really effect people's day to day lives? I can't remember ever feeling anything other than apathy over a report that a celebrity went to the white house.

How many threads are you going to make on this subject? Why is this your go to issue of outrage? You've made this same thread, pointing out the same artists more than once.

Are there actually people at home who see common at the white house and change their way of living? Is little Bradley dropping out of Harvard and slapping his mom after seeing snoop at the white house?

This is such a made up phony outrage.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"oh my god a rapper at the white house this is so bad oooohhh the moral out rage"

but let's ignore the countless profiteering warhawks who have been invited to the white house, lets ignore the corrupt who actually have power to destroy people lives, because someone sang a song with a word you didn't like. Whens the last time the white house was actually pure in character? What fantasy land are you living in where only saints step foot in the white house?

Oh my god I am clutching my pearls, trying desperately not to faint! Oh em gee what about the children! give me a break!
edit on 12am11am312016-12-04T11:38:57-06:0011America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Those are your opinions, and I agree with some of them.
And you can trust that the it didn't shock me just made me question what the Obama's reasoning for their decisions.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
"oh my god a rapper at the white house this is so bad oooohhh the moral out rage"

but let's ignore the countless profiteering warhawks who have been invited to the white house, lets ignore the corrupt who actually have power to destroy people lives, because someone sang a song with a word you didn't like. Whens the last time the white house was actually pure in character? What fantasy land are you living in where only saints step foot in the white house?

Oh my god I am clutching my pearls, trying desperately not to faint! Oh em gee what about the children! give me a break!

Two wrongs make it right defense - SMH...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join