It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Is The Left Is so Star Struck With Racist-Sexist-Violent-Rappers? Hillary-Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

If you're considering Tim Mcgraw Country then I would suggest you don't know a damn thing about country. All that is is polished pop with some twang. Same goes for 99% of the tractor rap and hick-hop and everything else on the radio. It ain't Country. Take the O out and maybe that's what you have

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

*sigh* and most of the "rap" music people in here are up in arms about is also polished pop crap made by, and pushed by rich white people. I'll refrain from going down the rabbit hole conspiracy about it being pushed on purpose to encourage drug use and criminal behavior in black communities

And yea, McGraw is pop-country. I have some David Allen Coe around someplace. One of the songs is pretty offensive, uses the N word quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hit me up when right-wingers stop dragging out Ted Nugent.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

yea dude I am sorry but Common is a great artist with some really wonderful tunes. Some of the subject matter may be controversial, but damn if he don't spit it with some respect and articulation. I don't feel his music is glamorizing crime and disrespecting women like Jay-Z does at all.

edit on 11-30-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Hit me up when right-wingers stop dragging out Ted Nugent.

But the Nuge is YUUUUGE!

Sorry, I had to.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's called Reappropriation.

People that are derided by certain words, will use those words among themselves.

If you know anything about Hip-Hop, the rhymes are usually told from the perspective of a 'Character' involved in the story rather than the thoughts of the Rapper themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
"He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments."

From this article. www.hiphopisread.com...

It's all about the money. Music is a huge influence on people behavior. The prison industry is basically slave labor.

Rap about illegal things, people think its cool, fill up the prisons, make money.

I remember reading this article years ago. Supposedly Professor Griff from Public Enemy hinted at being the author of it, and speaks out often about how rap & hip hop, which was originally about freedom of speech and fighting oppression, was turned into a vehicle to destroy an entire generation of African-Americans.

edit on 30-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

You're exactly right. Hence my saying I listen to rap but mostly politicaly. Atmosphere, flobots, immortal technique.

The hypocrisy is on both sides. It's no secret there are mainstream forces polarizing us, we all guilty of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

I don't know about all that. Mostly what they speak of is what they're into. You can call it a character but that character is still them through and through. They speak on what they do or want to do. Same as I do.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Seasonal, you are 100% in the right to question these relationships. For a politician to have an alliance with the likes of Jay z is putting themselves between a rock and a hard place. When you represent America you cannot represent self-glorified pimps and gangstas. You cannot represent the establishment yet run with those against the establishment.
And having rick Ross of all people invited to the white house??? Then condemn gun violence????WTF are you doing???
And people wonder why the country's so shot, look no further than who represents us.
I'm speaking from experience here as I am what could be called a rap artist, not famous thank God. But what I live I write songs about like most rappers. When you speak murder-talk and drug dealing you should not know the president.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant
Agreed, I think people have the freedom to listen and rap about what ever they want.

When you reach the level of president, you become a product. Even when you are on your own time, it is the United States Of America's time. We the People elected you, and the pres must put forward a mature and sober persona. Snoop Dog doesn't strike me as meeting that fairly obvious standard.

When you speak murder-talk and drug dealing you should not know the president.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They seem to have a thing for Mass murdering communist dictators too. It seems if you give them Healthcare they can rationalize anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Anyone can use any word they want. Do you seriously think that you have the power to keep people's thoughts and words in check? Do you think that you can restrict people's language based on their skin color?
edit on 30-11-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well you need healthcare if you won't address the issue of radical attacks and mass murder. At least that aspect will be taken care of. Sounds rational

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes, why ARE the left such blaring hypocrites? Good question.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I consider myself a pretty conservative on some social issues, libertarian on others, still liberal on other issues.

I am a hipocrit, I listen to music that is considered objectionable. RATM-AlterBridge-Black Sabbath-Metallica and others.
Would I have Ozzy Osborne to the White House, NO.

You are the POTUS, a product, an institution, and a moral leader. Hate, racism, sexism, and idiotic stuff gets left out as much as humanly possible.

Yes, why ARE the left such blaring hypocrites? Good question.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's the artists job to offend and encourage thought.

If the requirement of artists going to the white house is that they have to accept the status quo then you have no respect for art.

Should you have Metallica performing "Last Caress" at the white house? Probably not.
Should you forbid Metallica from appearing because some songs are objectionable? Absolutely not.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Of course Common has some good songs, inspirational songs. But the others should omit him from being in the White House.

And you are the one who said "thug life". And you assume I don't "bump to a little Com while I'm in my ride"? Wow, you seem to have a real good idea of what I listen to.

Don't judge people so harshly, I just don't agree with racists, sexists, and people who glamorize violence against women/call them b****es, and I don't think they should be given the honor of visiting the President who has the snap count nuke codes.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Disagree, the White House is one of the most important slices of land in the world, it is a beacon of freedom and justice. If you have lets say 2 live Crew rap the national anthem, what are you telling the public?

If kids look up the artists other works, it would be a quick look into the depravity that adults man-children call music. Remember Obama had Rick Ross at the WH, and his ankle bracelet went off. Should the pres be hanging out with people who are indited for kidnapping and assault (pistol whipping someone)????
edit on 30-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe trump should have some rude rapper types frequenting the whitehouse. The left should be fine with that and won't start foaming at the mouth like they normally do at all.
Maybe some white rappers with themes of sexism and drug dealing/use and guns and criminality and all that. Equal treatment and all that. How about some death metal bands lol.
Seriously can you imagine the left and media if trump actually did that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join