It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Profusion

Dude, ISIS could claim any crime done by a Muslim inside the USA.

It doesn't mean they had anything whatsoever to do with it.

SMH...

Is this anything like a Neo-Nazi supporting Trump?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

A Muslim attempts to kill people based on his preconceived belief that the school was somehow attacking his belief system and it's not about Islam?

Hmm, guess they're right. Must be the humid weather that made this man who happened to be a Muslim try to terrorize and kill people at his school.

a reply to: eluryh22

He's already found the man of his dreams. Michelle Obama.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'll start with you since this is your thread. Here's what you said:

I'm going to be delighted when there's finally a U.S. presidential administration that can be honest about Islam.

What do you consider being "honest about Islam" exactly? What will this "being honest about Islam" accomplish?

I've read this whole thread, and this post from page 1 seems to summarize your point throughout.

So, I'll answer your question. What will 'being honest about Islam' accomplish?

Well, for one thing, the religion of Islam does a pretty poor job of policing their own. They do a pretty poor job, awful actually, of speaking out against acts of violence in their name. Violence in the name of religion should always be characterized as just what it is, 'violence in the name of a religion', and it is wrong. Perpetrators of such acts should be treated as an embarrassment to their religion, both from inside their religion and out. There should be NO babying of the perpetrators of these acts, there should be no white gloved tippy toeing around where they came from or what founded their beliefs. If we as a people want it to stop, it should be called what it is, in BOLD letters and on every headline...ISLAMIC TERRORISM. It should be no different for any other religion, and frankly, it isn't. But for some reason Islam gets a pass. Why? (that's a rhetorical question, no need to answer).

If this event, or any other recent event, had been perpetrated by some extremist Catholic member you can bet the headlines would be screaming "Extremist Catholic Terror"...so, why not Islam? It's because they are being consciously shielded by this administration. They should be called out and publically embarrassed shamed by these acts! Until they are, these acts will continue, they will be condoned even.

I have seen many a person of Islamic faith who want nothing more than to be allowed to practice their religion in peace. Perhaps there wouldn't be such a stigma against them if they would speak out against acts of violence in their name. I'm very tired of hearing people make excuses for violence in the name of a religion, particularly Islam. It should be called what it is, point blank.

Now you may think I am just your run of the mill islamaphobe, but I am not. In fact, I lived in a Muslim country for several years. I have seen the vast majority be a peaceful group, and I have seen a country quick to cast out the ones who believe violence in their name is acceptable. Unfortunately, this country, Malaysia, doesn't speak for all of Islam like some other countries could.

So what will calling a spade a spade do? It will publically shame the countries who sponsor (and they do) these acts of violence, the countries who breed this seething anger against non-muslims, to speak out against their own who carry out these acts, lest they lose their place at the "table" of credibility as a whole.

That's what it will accomplish!

edit on 11/30/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: bally001

Not my finest moment. I'm sorry marg, that was uncalled for.

We all get those moments, my friend, I have know you for a while, I know that sometimes things can get a bit out of hand.

I deal with people from all side of the spectrum everyday in a social way, no harm done.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I agree, but remember here in the US the law have been enforced to take care of Christian radicals very successfully.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Very well written post.

But if you read the whole thread you know that those that we are asking to read and listen will not.
And this is why we are STILL batting this topic around. Many in this thread have begged for this only to be called names.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

Aside from the KKK? They did you one better and went after folks due to their skin color.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Frankly, the entire thread is pointless.

In January, we will have a POTUS that actually uses the words.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie
Again with the KKK $hit? That is NOT a religion. It is a stupid cult group like BLM. Come back when you want to talk sense.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
And I believe this is one of the main reasons he won. (LOVE your new avatar by the way)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Riffrafter

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

Aside from the KKK? They did you one better and went after folks due to their skin color.

Did you smoke your breakfast?

Since when is the KKK a religion?!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thanks.

Yes, the left has unwittingly managed to wake people up to their delusional denials about the world and its challenges. As you know, I've been doing a lot of reading about several countries all across Europe, and without exception, all of them are rejecting their leftist/establishment leadership.

That obviously happened here too.

Now the real question is what will the right do? Will they over-reach? I hope not. The people want real solutions to their problems, not a whole set of new ones.

There's a lot of tough work ahead.

edit on 30-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's a shame the White House doesn't apply the same logic and reasoning to gun owners after someone commits a gun crime. Or to all police officers.

Only applies to Muslims.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Like another poster just clarified, the KKK is not a religion, is a cult, interestingly his power has diminished as our nation has grown more intolerant to groups that practice supremacy base on faulty believes.

Now, Genocide, is very much alive and well around the world and its no limited to skin color alone. Genocide is considered terrorism also, because is killing mass groups of people with intent.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well I hope he also uses the words "Christian Homophobes" and "Christian Transphobes" and "Christian Anti-Choicers". And I hope that when Westboro folks do their thing in public, we make sure to publicly acknowledge the fact that they are a Christian group.

If we are going to attach negativity to Islam in general, it's only fair that we also attach negativity to Christianity in general. Because more divisiveness is always better than less, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thankfully the laws in America take care of the deviants very well, is nowhere that the westboro go that they don't face scorn and shame and for the intolerant Christian groups well the law also has given them the back when it comes to social issue.

But Terrorism and terrorist act should be call for what they are, if they are link to a certain religion I believe that is the job of those that follow the religion to separate themselves from radical groups and denounce them.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The media and administration already do!

There is no hesitation whatsoever by the media or this administration to brand groups like westboro "Radical Christian Extremists"

If you think otherwise you are sorely mistaken!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

..."Christian Homophobes"..."Christian Transphobes"..."Christian Anti-Choicers"....And I hope that when Westboro folks do their thing in public, we make sure to publicly acknowledge the fact that they are a Christian group.

I think the vast majority of Christians have no problem with the term radical Christian, provided of course it's used to only identify the nutcases who bomb or kill people in the name of their Christian faith.

But all of the terms used as examples in your post have nothing to do with that, do they? You seem to be conflating religious belief with actions of terror. There is a profound difference. Certainly, you can see that.

edit on 30-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

But Terrorism and terrorist act should be call for what they are, if they are link to a certain religion I believe that is the job of those that follow the religion to separate themselves from radical groups and denounce them.

J

ust to be clear: American Muslims and U.S. Muslim organizations have unequivocally denounced terror attacks. Not just once, but over and over.
But that doesn't matter if you haven't heard it. And despite our best efforts to get this message out there, what attracts more media attention: A Muslim denouncing terrorism or footage of an explosion?
Does that mean that we will stop denouncing terrorism? Of course not. But we will have to be more creative in our efforts to attract media coverage to make this point to our fellow Americans.

www.cnn.com...

theamericanmuslim.org...

www.bustle.com...

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.startribune.com...

It never seems to be enough though. Funny that.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Since we hear from so many critics who either don't take the time to read this site, or simply can't understand the distinction between Islam and Muslims, we thought it best to bring together in one place what we have said in so many others over the years.

Islam is an ideology - a set of ideas. It is not defined by what any Muslim wants it to be, but by what it is. No ideology is above critique - particularly one that explicitly seeks political and social dominance over every person on the planet. Neither is it entitled to human rights, which apply to individuals.

About Muslims

You cannot, or will not, distinguish between a set of ideas and individuals. Not surprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join