It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Riffrafter

It is *way* past time to call a spade a spade. No pun or offense intended.

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

I'll wait...

Can't begin to solve the problem if we're not even willing to admit it *is* a problem.

Who are these people who do not know that the majority of recent acts of terrorism in the West have been perpetrated by Muslims?

Who are they? Is it the CIA? The NSA? The FBI? Other Western intelligence and investigative agencies? The military? The media? People at foreign policy think tanks? The average person on the street?

The average teenager in bumbf# rural nowhere can list the recent terrorist attacks.

This ain't substance abuse or a gambling addiction. This "admitting there is a problem is the first step" crap doesn't relate to the situation no matter how many times it's repeated. Everyone knows that there is a problem.

So what's the solution?

Donald motherfcking Trump is the solution. He's going to push the Muslims back like the hero at Tiananmen Square.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Great. All this message will do is remind the psychotic alt right people to vandalize their nearest mosque with swastikas and burning feces just to spite Obama the "secret Muslim" and his sharia followers.

I honestly believe thats what they were trying to prevent by the press statement.

Obviously, but this is America. America only has one mood, spiteful dckhead.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Or will he work with Muslim countries in attempt to vet refugees and immigrants?

o Work with our Arab allies and friends in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.
o Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing, and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
o Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War.
o Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.
o Suspend, on a temporary basis, immigration from some of the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism.
o Establish a Commission on Radical Islam to identify and explain to the American public the core convictions and beliefs of Radical Islam, to identify the warning signs of radicalization, and to expose the networks in our society that support radicalization.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You need pie too, it will make you feel good and warm inside.

Ketu terrorist are savages in the fact that when they are after those that opposed them in their radical believes they have not problem killing their own to prove a point, now imagine going after and killing those that they have nothing in common with specially religious believes.

That is why is call terrorism.

No. I don't. Pie makes you fat, lazy, and weak. I'll stay in shape to be alert for secret evil Muslims just for your safety. You eat pie and lay on the recliner all day and I'll do all the work as usual.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Or will he work with Muslim countries in attempt to vet refugees and immigrants?

o Work with our Arab allies and friends in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.
o Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing, and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
o Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War.
o Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.
o Suspend, on a temporary basis, immigration from some of the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism.
o Establish a Commission on Radical Islam to identify and explain to the American public the core convictions and beliefs of Radical Islam, to identify the warning signs of radicalization, and to expose the networks in our society that support radicalization.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

Kkk person, I don't believe in some of this, other things we are already doing, and it appears that other pieces of this list will cause civil rights violations. Sorry. Not happening. Denied.

Also, you're kkk. Our conversation is over.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'm more than willing to talk about actual solutions. Let's do it. Here we are (in a Mud Pit thread entitled "White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack" — where people go to have reasoned discussions of course).

What can we do? I'd say we obviously need to finish up with ISIS. Where do we go from there? To me it seems like the answer is outreach and integration. Pushing people to the fringes by painting them as a threat only makes the situation worse. I'm sure you see the logic there? Look at your own words:

"You say we are hateful intolerable deplorables"

Do you feel attacked? Maligned? Disrespected? What if you were 1-2% of the population and 40% of the population called you a racist and a bigot no matter what you did? How would you react? Now imagine you're a 20-something year-old young man. You're feeling like an outsider in your own home. Do you think that would make you more or less susceptible to radicalization by people who are confirming every bad feeling you have?

"They do hate you. They want you dead. They kill people like you. You don't belong. They hate you. There's nothing you can do. You'll always be an outsider. You're not like them. You're like us. You are our brother. You belong with us. We are your kind. We understand. You can be a part of us. You can play a role."

Do you ever wonder why gangs are disproportionately comprised of males, most of whom join in their teens? Why gang violence is a thing in poor neighborhoods but not out in the suburbs? It doesn't matter the race/ethnicity/religion. That's a common pattern for gangs throughout history and the world over.

People want to belong. People want purpose.

This isn't about politics or religion so much as it is about basic human (hell primate) psychology.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
When all else fails yell racist!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

So your response is instead of proving JinMI wrong is to call him kkk and state that the conversation is over. That seems like a mature response /sarcasm
edit on 30-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How old are you?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77

So your response is instead of proving JinMI wrong is to call him kkk and state that the conversation is over. That seems like a mature response /sarcasm

JinMI is in timeout. Keep up.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

What has that got to do with anything? How old are you?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

You're in timeout too. Let's take it down 30 decibels. Great thanks.

Besides, we don't get our statistics from KKK websites. That's not how we behave. Unless of course...you do?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
You have to at least be honest and then I am more than willing to talk and discuss!!!

Do you feel attacked? Maligned? Disrespected? What if you were 1-2% of the population and 40% of the population called you a racist and a bigot no matter what you did? How would you react? Now imagine you're a 20-something year-old young man. You're feeling like an outsider in your own home. Do you think that would make you more or less susceptible to radicalization by people who are confirming every bad feeling you have?

Where did you get these facts? Try again
"As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world's largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth," the Pew report says. "Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent of the global population." link to NPR

Oh my god again with your feaking circles. WTH are you talking about?

"They do hate you. They want you dead. They kill people like you. You don't belong. They hate you. There's nothing you can do. You'll always be an outsider. You're not like them. You're like us. You are our brother. You belong with us. We are your kind. We understand. You can be a part of us. You can play a role."

Are you trying to say that the Radical Islamist don't want me dead? Because they do. I am a woman that forges through life with a purpose and depend on no one. I have a job, wear make up and dresses, and answer to no one. This is against what they believe and want.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That is the way to go, under the Obama administration no only he had admitted greater numbers of refugees since 9/11 but also is letting the UNHCR do the screenings, even when US had very strict screening process in the past the reason for this is to be able to have a faster screening amid the Syrian refugee crisis.

We can not invite terrorism into our nation, the screening process do not belong in the hand of the UNHCR alone for referrals.

Many members of congress wants to send back the refugees to their lands once the conflict is over, they should be allowed and encourage to go back to their country when is safe.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Besides, we don't get our statistics from KKK websites. That's not how we behave. Unless of course...you do?

What!?! Gotcha I'm trying to talk so timeout!?!?! You guys are feaking priceless. I'm going to bed without supper.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

There's that stupid logic at it's core. Label you and run away. Coward.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So that website I posted. Thereligionofpeace Is it known as a hate site? I pulled some stats and would like an unbiased opinion if there are any here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What!?! Gotcha I'm trying to talk so timeout!?!?! You guys are feaking priceless. I'm going to bed without supper.

We are priceless. I feel the same about you.

Finally, an honest moment, but I don't internet date so please stop PMing me.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

There's that stupid logic at it's core. Label you and run away. Coward.

You're taking this way too seriously. Its an internet message board.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You have to at least be honest and then I am more than willing to talk and discuss!!!

I'm being completely honest.

Where did you get these facts? Try again "As of 2010, Christianity was by far the world's largest religion, with an estimated 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth," the Pew report says. "Islam was second, with 1.6 billion adherents, or 23 percent of the global population." link to NPR

I was CLEARLY referring to Muslims in the United States.

Are you trying to say that the Radical Islamist don't want me dead? Because they do. I am a woman that forges through life with a purpose and depend on no one. I have a job, wear make up and dresses, and answer to no one. This is against what they believe and want.

Wha? That's all great stuff but what does any of it have to do with what I said? Do you think this kid that just tried to kill a bunch of classmates did so because you have a job and wear makeup?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join