It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: eluryh22

Club in Miami

Orlando.

France (twice)

Three times. Charlie Hebdo, Bataclan, Nice.

First one... thanks for the correction

Second one.... I did say "to name a few"

My position stays the same though.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Loosely translated: Don't be mean to muslims and terrorism will go away.

No. That's the political talking point that has been beaten into your head. Nobody thinks that ignoring terrorism will make terrorism go away. Nobody.

The Obama administration is attempting to shut down any discussion before it takes place.

What discussion is the Obama Administration attempting to shut down? What's this? Reference #3 in the first page about this bullsh# about conversations that aren't taking place? Come on then. Out with it. Have the conversation you think you're not allowed to have. Let's hear it.

What's the plan?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Here you go, no evidence that ISIS had actual connections to the Garland, TX shooting, or directed it:

edition.cnn.com...

A sympathizer isn't someone being organized, directed, funded, ordered or helped. For ISIS to claim "responsibility" for someone that probably read material online or chatted in a forum or chat room, its opportunistic at best.

But hey, now that communism's gone we need a new monster under the bed and reason to spend more than the rest of the world combined on military gear. Fear of an hard to define enemy also makes a great control tool for politicians and leaders.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No. That's the political talking point that has been beaten into your head. Nobody thinks that ignoring terrorism will make terrorism go away. Nobody.

Correct, I haven't heard anyone that thinks that ignoring terrorism will make it go away.

What I have heard, and what we have been talking about, is the idea that if we somehow stop criticizing the ideology that creates terrorism, that it will have an adverse affect on the growth of the ideology.

Which is blatantly false.

Have the conversation you think you're not allowed to have. Let's hear it.

We have been having it here on ATS with or without you, this whole time. Join in sometime, if you have something productive to add.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Loosely translated: Don't be mean to muslims and terrorism will go away.

The Obama administration is attempting to shut down any discussion before it takes place.

What discussion is the Obama Administration attempting to shut down? What's this? Reference #3 in the first page about this bullsh# about conversations that aren't taking place? Come on then. Out with it. Have the conversation you think you're not allowed to have. Let's hear it.

What's the plan?

It is *way* past time to call a spade a spade. No pun or offense intended.

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

I'll wait...

Can't begin to solve the problem if we're not even willing to admit it *is* a problem.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What if Islam isn't really a religion? What if it's just something else masquerading as a religion?

Whether or not you want to consider Islam a religion, the fact remains that its 1.7 billion adherents see it as such and they're no more wrong about their religion than anyone else is about their religion. It's a relative judgement on your part but that's really irrelevant to the issue.

Even if you could get the majority of non-Muslims to see things your way, then what?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Um, have you heard them call for "Lone Wolf" attacks? Yes, they are still related to Radical Islamic Terror! Saying different is being ignorant.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Since 9/11 there have been right around 100,000 Somali refugees admitted to the USA. That is right around 20 a day, or a little less than one an hour. How are they vetting a person an hour? Simple background checks? Oh...the CIA is doing it?...like they have our best interests at heart. They would never willingly harm US citizens, right?

Don't start with the American Muslim crap either...you know as well as I do that is a false equivalency. Somalis and Syrians and Afghanis and Iraqis deserve special and extra attention and vetting for a reason. They are coming from known hotbeds of radical Islam

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Exactly. You don't defeat terrorism by either ignoring it or bombing it into submission.

You defeat terrorism by finding out what's causing the terrorism, and working from there.

Terrorism is a symptom, and wars and racist policies are merely band aids. You don't stop an artery from bleeding by covering it in band aids over and over. You have to eventually have surgery (which is costly, messy, and painful) -- or you bleed out.

But the disposable band-aid approach makes a lot of people money and grants them power. It also keeps a population in terrified submission. Having a "them" or "other" to point fingers at and direct anger at is wonderful for a politician or religious leader. It's a time-tested and valuable tool...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I doubt you will get an honest intelligent answer. Most people seem to just want to blame something and make it simple without much thought going into it.

If as you say the new administration starts blaming and singling out our citizens based on their religion I am afraid many of them will turn radicalised. Especially the young growing up in that environment.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I answered this in my last post...but you don't want answers. You want to bury your head and argue. Which is why you skipped that response. Man you are so predictable.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
In the name o religion more people has died in this earth than in all wars combined, throughout the centuries, in todays modern days the religion that is creating terror around the word happen to be link to Islam.

As it stand today, that is the fact.

Is a hard truth that can not be denied and is plenty of wannabe followers that will gladly died for their believes even if that means taking innocent people with them.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

From not CNN.

The Mohammed drawing contest in Garland, Texas, was not only intentionally provocative, it was a natural target for Islamic extremists. One of the two suspects killed, Elton Smith was once convicted of lying to the FBI about plans to travel to Somalia to fight for Al Shabaab. However, a Minnesota man already in Somalia is getting blamed for inspiring the attack.

Mohamed Hassan, or "Miski," reportedly called for the attack on Twitter 10 days earlier, tweeting:

The tweet:

The brothers from the Charlie Hebdo attack did their part. It's time for brothers in the #us to do their part.

And now from CNN:

They wore body armor. They carried assault rifles. And one had declared loyalty to ISIS.

A day after police killed two gunmen who tried to ambush a Garland, Texas, event featuring controversial cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed, details began to emerge about the shooters.
One suspect, identified as Elton Simpson by a federal law enforcement source, linked himself to ISIS in a tweet posted just before the attack.
He also was no stranger to federal investigators. In 2011, he was convicted of making a false statement involving international and domestic terrorism.

Garland, Texas, shooting suspect linked himself to ISIS in tweets

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Um, have you heard them call for "Lone Wolf" attacks? Yes, they are still related to Radical Islamic Terror! Saying different is being ignorant.

Yeah, but did the ISIS leadership contact them and give them instructions? No.

And as I said, you are more likely to have your furniture fall and kill you than you are to be harmed by "radical Islamic terrorism!"

I guess most of America doesn't own furniture or something? You'd think Americans would be nailing their Lay-Z-Boys and sofas to the floor and bolting their beds to the wall since it's a greater threat to their lives than Islamic terrorism.

Americans have a messed up sense of priority when it comes to danger.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is quite simple why we aren't Muslim so we are infidels in their eyes. How do you reason with that?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Exactly. You don't defeat terrorism by either ignoring it or bombing it into submission.

You defeat terrorism by finding out what's causing the terrorism, and working from there.

Terrorism is a symptom, and wars and racist policies are merely band aids. You don't stop an artery from bleeding by covering it in band aids over and over. You have to eventually have surgery (which is costly, messy, and painful) -- or you bleed out.

But the disposable band-aid approach makes a lot of people money and grants them power. It also keeps a population in terrified submission. Having a "them" or "other" to point fingers at and direct anger at is wonderful for a politician or religious leader. It's a time-tested and valuable tool...

Interesting that you consider terrorism a metaphorical a " bleeding artery" in this post, when you tried to convince us that terrorism was a created fear just a few posts back.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So "someone" claiming to be from ISIS made a Tweet. Got it.

I guess there's a coded message intended just for that guy in Texas I'm missing? I'm not seeing it. It must be a code word that he and ISIS worked out or something?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

And as I said, you are more likely to have your furniture fall and kill you than you are to be harmed by "radical Islamic terrorism!"

I guess most of America doesn't own furniture or something? You'd think Americans would be nailing their Lay-Z-Boys and sofas to the floor and bolting their beds to the wall since it's a greater threat to their lives than Islamic terrorism.

I'd love to see some real hard data on that claim.

Maybe show some numbers of how many people die each year from falling furniture, and contrast it with how many people have died this year alone (in the US) from Islamic terrorism.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

So "someone" claiming to be from ISIS made a Tweet. Got it.

I guess there's a coded message intended just for that guy in Texas I'm missing? I'm not seeing it. It must be a code word that he and ISIS worked out or something?

Just because they aren't in Iraq/Syria standing face to face with Islamic State leaders having the conversation doesn't mean that they aren't in contact with them, when in fact, the evidence overwhelmingly suggests that they were.

Even CNN backtracked their claim that it wasn't Islamic State inspired.

edit on 11/29/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

It is.

There are real terrorists, sure. But the actual danger of it has been blown entirely out of proportion in order to scare and control the public.

We could have even fewer terrorist acts if we (as a country) did a moral inventory of actions done in our name around the world.

You don't fix problems by reacting to them.

America only reacts to problems, problems that America creates and uses to control her people.
edit on 29-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join