It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Throes

Cool. Then you can shoot a refugee if they try to harm you. We can let the refugees come here, and you can have your guns. Problem solved.

Nah, I don't want to deal with the problems they are having in the EU.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

How's that working for France?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Cool. Then you can shoot a refugee if they try to harm you. We can let the refugees come here, and you can have your guns. Problem solved.

Name one instance where a gun killed someone with another human involved.

You can't do it.

Guns do not load themselves.

Guns do not kill people. People with guns kill people.

So what's your point? We should ban all people who want to own guns? Okay. Fine by me.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Is it worth one dead innocent person to have all those millions of cars and knives in the hands of possible mentally ill violent people? What about one dead or injured college student? What about 11 dead or injured college students? After all, the car and knife used to injure them were both bought legally by a non-criminal. The car wasn't stolen, the knife was bought at Walmart only days before the attack.

Would it be worth YOUR dead child? Just so you can have your cars and knives?

See how silly your argument looks when you substitute the weapons used in the more recent attack on Ohio State University?

link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: AMPTAH

i guess you dont get what im saying

I know what you're saying. But, your focus has been "tailored" by the media.

every example youve made are from threats from within the country. Islamic immigration is an outside threat
i hope you can understand this.

Point taken. One seems easier to deal with than the other.

But..note this...

There are over 15,000 homicides in America every year.

www.cdc.gov...

The Muslim Refugee may be responsible for 1 or 2 of these killings.

But, why do you think that the Muslim threat is so important?

Because of propaganda.

Someone "selects" what news to present and broadcast to the public, to shape the publics mind.

If the news media wanted, they could just as easily focus on all the "women" that become killers.

Then, we'd all think that the problem is women.

There's enough bad news out there in every category, that you can build a story for any paradigm you want, and sell that narrative to the public, to get them to think the way you want them to.

So, the question becomes, "Why to all the major news outlets report the exact same stories?"

Why doesn't each news media outlet find and report in different parts of the bad news that's out there?

Why do they all "ignore" the vast majority of the 15,000 homicides, and just pick the ones that would help promote, for example, "gun control" and/or "Muslim terror" narratives?

Who is controlling all these news organizations?

And why?

link   

I don't like the problems we're having right here.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't like the problems we're having right here.

www.nytimes.com...

And you think in your gun free world that criminals won't have guns? How cute.

There is a reason mass shootings mostly occur in gun free zones. Think about this for one second. It makes no sense. There are too many in circulation. Criminals will still be able to obtain guns. I'd rather other members of society having them as well so they can protect themselves and others.

It's a pipe dream. Idealistic, not logical.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Yes, you prove my point.

It is worth the possible death of one person in order to have the guns.

It is worth the possible death of one person in order to have knives and cars.

It is worth the possible death of one person in order to save hundreds of thousands of innocent refugees' lives.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

im saying we have enough problems. we dont need to pile more problems. we can not save the world by taking in millions of refugees and we only risk Americans if we do. so why do it?

my perspective hasnt been tailored by the media. quite the opposite. the media wants to sweep everything thats happened in Europe under the rug. they dont report that Germany has stated publicly that taking in refugees was a mistake and now they are trying to figure out a way to deport them all. the media doesnt report on the hundreds of gang rapes that European women and children have been subject to at the hands of a people who come from a culture where its ok to rape women and children.

what media is it you think im watching? there are no outlets that say what im saying.

you wanna look to who is manipulating the media then id start with george sorros and the muslim brotherhood just to name a couple. look at their NGO's and who they are involved with.
edit on 2-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well, yes.

But you are free to give offer them flowers when they try to hurt you, that is fine by me.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: eluryh22

It's not simply about the backlash against the 99.99999999% of Muslims in America. The more we other people, the more they are likely to become radicalized. The more that become radicalized, the more acts of terrorism there will be. Then what? More blaming Islam?

Repeat until the animosity reaches the level that people are demanding a holy war?

How far do we take it? When the dead are in the tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? What's the plan?

You obviously dont know the meaning of Jihad.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Is it worth one dead innocent person to have all those millions of guns in the hands of possible mentally ill violent people? What about one dead child? What about 20 dead elementary school children? After all, the gun used to kill them was bought legally by a non-criminal. The gun wasn't stolen, as the mother of the shooter let her son handle and shoot the gun lots of times.

Would it be worth YOUR dead child? Just so you can have your guns?

As always...you miss the point. Or simply avoid it because it doesn't suit you. Americans belong in America and Americans have decided from long ago that a means of protecting ourselves...guns...are even written into our Constitution. Guns are part of America.

Terrorists, ISIS, etc. are not and we have no obligation to bring them in. There is a huge difference between the two that you obviously avoid because it makes your "argument" complete and utter bull#.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

America is also about the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Those are rights given by our creator to everyone, not just Americans.

America is also about "give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

Yes, it's worth the possible death of your child and my child to allow everyone to legally purchase guns.

Yes, it's worth the possible death of your child and my child to save thousands of innocent refugees lives.

We will never be able to guarantee that someone who legally purchased a gun isn't going to go nuts and kill innocent people. We do the best we can with the systems/laws we have in place.

We will never be able to guarantee that one refugee won't kill innocent people. We do the best we can with the current vetting process (and we DO have one) we have in place.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As a Muslim myself, I'll happily say that it was Islamic Extremism that caused this. Just like if someone committed a terrorist attack in the name of Christianity it would be Christian Extremism.

I understand fully that there are people in my religious doctrine that do horrible #ing things. Do I understand that when they speak of Islamic Extremism they're not including me in the message? Absolutely. What I don't get is why people don't think me smart enough to realize that on my own, and have to white knight me.

From what I understand as well, Isis Claimed Responsibility For The Attack. (Although whatever weight that carries, considering they'd claim responsibility for a roach infestation in the White House at this point)

Regardless. It's Islamic Extremism. There's no pussyfooting around it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What would being honest about Islam accomplish?

Ask the Germans!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: JinMI

A website criticizing a religion is not a hate site.

It is when most of what they post is nothing but lies. In fact Robert Spencer who owns that site is such an islamophobe that he is being banned from the UK due to the constant hate speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join