It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

#NotAll

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

#NotAll

#KickThemAllOutAnyway

#TooHardToVetThem

#DoneWithPlacatingMen

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

#MaybeLike99.9%ButStillFolks#Notall

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

“Our response to this situation matters,”

yeah it #ing does. if we respond by ignoring that this guy was a Muslim refugee we will be vulnerable to the next attack that will DEFINITELY happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

exactly. just because its not all of them doesnt mean we should let they come here. its so preposterous that people legit think that its an alright idea to let people in who are impoverished and come from a culture that teaches its people that the lives of the people in this country arent worth anything.
edit on 30-11-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Loosely translated: Don't be mean to muslims and terrorism will go away.

No. That's the political talking point that has been beaten into your head. Nobody thinks that ignoring terrorism will make terrorism go away. Nobody.

The Obama administration is attempting to shut down any discussion before it takes place.

What discussion is the Obama Administration attempting to shut down? What's this? Reference #3 in the first page about this bullsh# about conversations that aren't taking place? Come on then. Out with it. Have the conversation you think you're not allowed to have. Let's hear it.

What's the plan?

It is *way* past time to call a spade a spade. No pun or offense intended.

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

I'll wait...

Can't begin to solve the problem if we're not even willing to admit it *is* a problem.

You mean besides Christians? Just here in the states alone Christians commit more way more acts of terrorism than Muslims but you don't ever hear anybody blaming all the Christians.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: RickinVa

By refusing to associate ISIS with Islam, one is helping to de-mystify them to their religious followers. By hammering home their political nature, their followers will eventually realize that ISIS isn't about following Islam at all, it's about political control. This might actually stop many who are truly religious from following them.

By associating them with Islam, even as "radical" or "extremist", it confirms to their religious followers that they are doing the "right thing". Is this what we really want? Is this really the wise thing to do? I think ISIS loves it when we do this. I think it helps them immensely.

I say it's better to disassociate them from Islam altogether. It's better to only associate them with greed, power and political control.

That's funny!

How the hell are you gonna do that and get anyone to believe it?

They need some serious fatwah's against them from everyone that's anyone in the islamic religion, to even start to be believable.

That is not gonna happen or it would have already.

Islam should stop sectarian violence first before anything can be done about their radicals.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
I'm sorry I must have missed those news stories. Will you please link them?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

No. That's the political talking point that has been beaten into your head. Nobody thinks that ignoring terrorism will make terrorism go away. Nobody.

The Obama administration is attempting to shut down any discussion before it takes place.

What discussion is the Obama Administration attempting to shut down? What's this? Reference #3 in the first page about this bullsh# about conversations that aren't taking place? Come on then. Out with it. Have the conversation you think you're not allowed to have. Let's hear it.

What's the plan?

Show me another "religion" that has fanatical followers who go out of their way to slaughter innocents and those they deem to be infidels on a worldwide scale?

I'll wait...

Can't begin to solve the problem if we're not even willing to admit it *is* a problem.

You mean besides Christians? Just here in the states alone Christians commit more way more acts of terrorism than Muslims but you don't ever hear anybody blaming all the Christians.

Don't tell ME I'm not an islamic terrorist, I'll blow something up to prove it!

Btw, what are the "way more" christian terrorism attacks you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray

We already have one problematic population that causes over 50 percent of our violent crime that we have to try to placate, we sure as hell don't need another.

You mean men? I think they cause a lot more than 50 percent of our violent crime. Away with them!!

oh, you are one of those.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: buster2010

What's the plan?

I'll wait...

Don't tell ME I'm not an islamic terrorist, I'll blow something up to prove it!

Btw, what are the "way more" christian terrorism attacks you are talking about?

I would like to know too.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The outgoing Prez is just being an apologist for his own preferred religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Please show me another religion in the past 12 months in the US who has targeted another religion and killed or attempted to kill in the name of their god? Not in the name of hate...their god. I will wait patiently.

Religions are like guns.. they don't kill people; people kill people. And people don't usually kill violently with love.

No, not like guns.

Religion is like a virus.

It infects people, but in different ways.

Some people get really sick.

Others are immune.

Some get stronger.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Don't blame Muslims ey?

Wtf wahabi islam or extreme sunnis are the problem

Not 50 years ago they burned Alevis, alive in ovens, removed babies from pregnant women, massacred thousands, raped, tortured, in states of Çorum, Maras, Sivas, Tunceli, Gazi etc

And alevis still are not recognised. Even though we are 25 million
edit on 1-12-2016 by TurkmenAlevi because: Edites

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Those in the White House can't leave quickly enough for me. Some say that it doesn't matter if you call it Islamic Terrorism or not...but it does. When the leaders of a country is more concerned with what any religion thinks of it's words, and places that above the lives of it's citizens...we have a problem.

You see...that is why the US government needs to go. They look at you, me, your family and mine as numbers. So we let in 50000 refugees and 5 Americans die...acceptable. Maybe, but not if a loved one is one of those 5. Which PROVES that we are not "loved ones" of the government. We are livestock, expendable and can be allowed to die if they think it benefits THEM elsewhere.

Come on Trump...show them how to do it!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Millions of gun owners and way more than 5 are killed by guns. Acceptable?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I heard the price of tea went up in China.

Whether that is acceptable or not has as much relevance to this thread as your reply.

Nice attempt at deflection though.
edit on R302016-12-01T11:30:56-06:00k3012Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R312016-12-01T11:31:11-06:00k3112Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh yeah, I forgot that story about the 19 people in that Amish/Catholic group that flew planes into buildings....
edit on 12am31amf0000002016-12-01T11:58:39-06:001139 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I heard the price of tea went up in China.

Whether that is acceptable or not has as much relevance to this thread as your reply.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

Yeah, because our gunz are so much more important than saving refugees' lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join