It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White House Warns Against Blaming Religion of Islam After Ohio State Attack

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: RickinVa

a reply to: RickinVa

By refusing to associate ISIS with Islam, one is helping to de-mystify them to their religious followers. By hammering home their political nature, their followers will eventually realize that ISIS isn't about following Islam at all, it's about political control. This might actually stop many who are truly religious from following them.

By associating them with Islam, even as "radical" or "extremist", it confirms to their religious followers that they are doing the "right thing". Is this what we really want? Is this really the wise thing to do? I think ISIS loves it when we do this. I think it helps them immensely.

I say it's better to disassociate them from Islam altogether. It's better to only associate them with greed, power and political control.

Okay..you go right on believing that. I will pass.

Aaaaaannnnddd, this is why we will continue to see more people going to the dark side of ISIS. Congrats.

They go to "the darkside" because whenever a islamic terrorist threat is called a islamic terrorist threat?
How ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
not ok to hate all muslims for the actions of a few

but its ok to hate gun owners for the action of a few..

got it

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Snarl

What if Islam isn't really a religion? What if it's just something else masquerading as a religion?

Whether or not you want to consider Islam a religion, the fact remains that its 1.7 billion adherents see it as such and they're no more wrong about their religion than anyone else is about their religion. It's a relative judgement on your part but that's really irrelevant to the issue.

Even if you could get the majority of non-Muslims to see things your way, then what?

In America: if women couldn't vote, if the LGBTQ community were openly persecuted, if, if, if ... Donald Trump would have taken 98% of the vote.

If there was an hour's worth of silence on the planet, and everyone had to consider whether or not they wanted to remain an adherent of their religion ... and if after that hour had passed everyone knew that there would be no persecution ... either now or in the afterlife ... the 'religion' of Islam would stumble and fall.

You keep on telling yourself there are 1.7B adherents. I know there aren't that many. You open a bottle of whisky in front of a group of Muslims ... if one has a drink they'll all drink until the bottle's dry ... and that's gospel.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Please show me another religion in the past 12 months in the US who has targeted another religion and killed or attempted to kill in the name of their god? Not in the name of hate...their god. I will wait patiently.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Please show me another religion in the past 12 months in the US who has targeted another religion and killed or attempted to kill in the name of their god? Not in the name of hate...their god. I will wait patiently.

Religions are like guns.. they don't kill people; people kill people. And people don't usually kill violently with love.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nice analogy...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

They go to "the darkside" because whenever a islamic terrorist threat is called a islamic terrorist threat?
How ridiculous.

Great recruitment tool. "They hate your religion, which means they hate you and all your people. They will never treat you with respect or dignity. See how they sneer when they say Islamic. Help us wipe them off the face of the earth."

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
wow barry why you keep down playing radicam muslim attacks sure am glad you retiring from presidency in jan. maybe we can stop the violence with you gone.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Not so much unable, as unwilling. For fear of damaging their "street cred". Given the results of the last election, both nationally and locally, I'd say the "cred" is already badly damaged.

They aren't wrong, exactly, but they're going about it the wrong way. Not sure why they believe it necessary to all but deny radical Islams existence, it does nothing but build up resentment that is going to find an outlet--probably in the form of attacks of some sort against Muslims who aren't radical in any form, but are available targets.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

This is, in a substantial way, why the next president is Trump.

The pendulum swung way too far to the left/PC side.... so a drastic correction was needed.

The left is always too preoccupied with "potential" backlash against "good Muslims" so they are unable to comprehend there is such a thing as "bad" ones.

oh don't worry, after 4 years of trump, we'll be dealing with many more of those bad Muslims...that way your world will stay black and white, so it's easier for you to understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
The answer loam is your argument about not naming a spade a spade and how that will encourage suspicion of ALL muslims, leads to the conclusion overreaching is the default not the exception.

I'll repeat your argument: if we don't like apples and apples can only be called fruit then we become leery of all fruit.

So if your argument is correct then this (brand of) left is creating the environment they're trying to eradicate. It would be like if police officers created mayhem whilst also trying to eliminate it.
edit on 11/30/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perjury

got it

No. We need to pass a law banning cars. No guns were used in this attack.

Anyone trying to buy, rent, or borrow a car, should have a background check, and a 24 hr waiting period, before allowing them to get into a car and drive on the public roads.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Riffrafter

The Catholics had no problems burning people at the stake. Don't forget the Salem Witch trials. And those are just the more well known examples.

No catholics in salem; they left the "popery" behind them when they migrated from england.
But hey catolics and puritans are both christians and the point was to slag christians for machete murders committed by an ISIS follower. Cause you know isis followers arent responsible for their own actions are they? They have the fake alt right news too dont they?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perjury

got it

And all white people and even what their ancestors did centuries ago. But and again, not all muslims.You can't generalize them, Getting so tired of this liberal "logic".

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

How ridiculous.

Great recruitment tool. "They hate your religion, which means they hate you and all your people. They will never treat you with respect or dignity. See how they sneer when they say Islamic. Help us wipe them off the face of the earth."

He it is not my fault that that is exactly what they say blame the islamic's who actually express that not me or anyone else just for noticing or should we apologize for hearing their message?

How many times have we and do we see them saying exactly that? They release video's online cutting of the heads of Americans telling us that they hate us and our religion and that they will not rest until we are dead. There are loads to be found on youtube repeating the same message and vowing support for groups like ISIS and or express they will do it for just allah.

that makes who the tool here exactly?

You seem to take offense at people noticing their very open and public threats. You do not heed threats made at your live? If i threaten your life will and you call and tell the police will you feel sorry right after and offer me your sincere apologies? Can i be offended that you took extra security precautions because of my threats?

I certainly do hope so considering the arguments you manage to somehow produce.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
isalm is a cult. Plain and simple.

It's not a religion. it's an Ideology.

It's followers can call it a religion all they want, but it doesn't make it so.

Until islam is reformed, this will continue to happen. How do I know? Because it has always happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

the more they are likely to become radicalized.

Then let them be among their own. Why do they even want to come here? I'll answer that - to bring the caliphate to our shores. Let them radicalize and terrorize on their own slab of dirt. Anyone who claims moderate Islam is not seeing how the religion was born of war and exists to continue jihad until global Islam is realized. Do you not see the trouble people in Europe are having with these throwbacks? They are INCOMPATIBLE with western civilization. We already have one problematic population that causes over 50 percent of our violent crime that we have to try to placate, we sure as hell don't need another.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Dude, ISIS could claim any crime done by a Muslim inside the USA.

It doesn't mean they had anything whatsoever to do with it.

SMH...

Imagine a similar scenario .. .
Brief - ''Your Honour, although my client is guilty of and has confessed to brutally murdering thousands of people, and has indeed confessed to committing this latest atrocity too, his confession doesn't mean he did it. It only means he 'said' he did it.''

Sounds like a some sort of Monty Python script.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray

We already have one problematic population that causes over 50 percent of our violent crime that we have to try to placate, we sure as hell don't need another.

You mean men? I think they cause a lot more than 50 percent of our violent crime. Away with them!!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I blame Christianity, I heard you guys launched something called a Crusade, therefor all these actions are just a result of your previous colonial ambitions.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join