It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faces of the Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm in my younger thirties and have had for more friends, family and close acquaintances pass on than I care to admit. Over the past few years, I see them. Not literally of course but at a glance with eye contact. I see their faces in strangers and I'm not sure what to make of it. On one hand, seeing them in the flesh albeit for only a fraction of a second makes me feel at ease. On the other, these folks have died and gone and it seems selfish not to let them do as such in a manner of speaking of course.

Anyone else experience this phenomena?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? People favor one another, if not looks, in character. We've all lost people close and important to us. There's really no 'letting them go'. Keep them with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I wouldn't call it a deal at all let alone a big one. I thought it was worth a discussion especially to the point if anyone else experienced the same.

Happening as often as it does just struck me as odd, perhaps a symptom of aging. I wouldn't know, I've never been this old before!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think I know where you are coming from.

Let me say it is not my intention to necessarily equate your lost loved ones to dogs and cats.... but...

I've "seen" some pets of mine that have been gone for years. Out of the corner of my eye I "see" them, clear as day at times, and it turns out to be a shadow or (depending on whom it is I "saw") a brown or black sweatshirt slumped in an odd position in a corner of a room or rustled into the back of a chair.

I'll just say I think I know where you are coming from.

I'm not sure if it is at all selfish of you. When I let my mind wander I think it's either:

A) A way for us to cope with those whom we loved with all our hearts that are now separated from us

B) If, as I believe to be the case, there is something more out there after physical life.... perhaps it's their way of simply saying "hello" and letting us know that they are still checking up on us.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

You kind of hit on what I'm talking about. I'm sure for those who had pets very close to them feel the same as a departed loved one. I can't relate but surely can't discount.

I find it's generally out of the blue. Latest case and point was today. I went up to the local gas station for a cup of coffee, my mind completely on work. On my way out I swore I saw a good friend of mine who had passed a few years ago. That got me thinking just how often and out of the blue this happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I had a similar experience to what you're describing.

Some years ago I was entering a local dry cleaners and passed a woman on her way out. She looked a little like my (deceased) mother in terms of colouring, height and build but it wasn't about her look ... there was this familiar vibe about her.

It unnerved me quite a bit to be in the presence of someone whose presence felt so much like that of my mother.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think it is how some of our minds process faces.
I can often see similar facial features. I suck with names but will NEVER forget a face. I can often spot siblings that others can't. Do you think it's something like this? Do you notice it with people that haven't passed or only those that have moved on?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

I have not had that experience. Generally from what I've encountered it's over and done in under a second, but how cool to get an over the top happening!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Very similar, yes. It's only with the deceased however from my POV. It's not just familiar features however, it's them, more than just the face most times.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Then maybe it is them and you are more sensitive to it.
Kinda related:
I have a friend that I have known since we were little. He now lives many states away but still has family that lives here. I can go months without seeing him or speaking to him. Suddenly I will see someone that looks like him (but isn't) or something will happen that relates to him. And then boom, I get the call that he is headed in town. We've always said that our lives have managed to "synch". It's the weirdest thing...but it only happens with him. (We have never been romantic, just best friends)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Interesting thread

I would say that's pretty rare seeing deceased faces in others. I think it's good that you get a little peace from this. I've never had this occur with me though.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I've experienced similar circumstances with certain folks over the years as well. I've not seen them in others however.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It is an odd thing. As I've stated, it only happens with the dead. Curious indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How interesting,
Is it like saying seeing a lost loved one in a newborns eyes?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oooh! I can not say I've ever had that experience. Have you? That would be incredible.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I'll just add that it's happened to me, maybe 2 or 3 times.

It was the face of my mother on another elderly woman (mom was 93 when she passed on) and it struck me for a second with an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach and then their face almost morphed immediately back into reality.

It was a hair of split second, not even long enough to process, really.

It is odd. Perhaps the characteristics are so similar that, like Jess said, our minds 'create' the illusion.

top topics

join