It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Simpsons predicted Chapecoense tragedy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
First of all, sorry if there's a topic about it already, found any on search.

I just randomly saw on twitter a video mentioning Simpsons and Chapecoense's crash plane, that sadly happened yesterday.

And as I opened it, it seems like there's an episode that mentions a "Missing Brazilian Soccer Team" and a "Plane Crashed on my property?" (words from Mr. Burns)

Oh, BTW! The accident was yesterday and apparently the episode is from 1997. If not, then sure it's not from today.

Coincidence or not... Weird!
edit on 29/11/2016 by vinifalou because: Just remembered heh

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

That's a lot more than coincidence if you ask me. A plane crash and the Brazlian soccer team!!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are so many episodes of the Simpsons that almost any event could be linked to an episode. If they had the team by name, I would agree but this is merely coincidence.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

As said above, they have so many episodes that there's bound to be coincidences from time to time.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

What?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sorry to poo poo all the nice prophecy and Twilight Zone talk, but in my view the Simpson's episode is referring to the South American (I think they were Brazilian, but they may have been Argentinian or Chilean, I forget) soccer team whose plane crashed in the Andes back in the 70's. Lots of movies, articles, etc have been written about their ordeal and how the survivors have to eventually resort to cannibalism to stay alive. That's the simple explanation, no need for Rod Sterling.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Elcabong

That's the simple explanation, no need for Rod Sterling.

Are you having a Mandela Effect moment? Surely you mean Rod Serling.

I'm just teasing. It just struck me funny because I remember that from one of the Mandela Effect threads.

OP: You know that saying about a hundred monkeys with a hundred typewriters writing Shakespeare? The same could go for TV shows. If you have enough episodes something from one of them is going to seem to predict something.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Any links? I'm interested in this accident.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was not a brazilian team, since I am brazilian and this is the first accident I hear about a brazillian soccer team.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

1972 Andes Flight Disaster

Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 was a chartered flight carrying 45 people, including a rugby union team, their friends, family and associates, that crashed in the Andes on 13 October 1972, in an incident known as the Andes flight disaster and, in the Hispanic world and South America, as the Miracle of the Andes (El Milagro de los Andes). More than a quarter of the passengers died in the crash and several others quickly succumbed to cold and injury.

edit on 30-11-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It was a Uruguayan Rugby team, but you're right ...

...The Simpson's reference was probably to that 1972 incident. The Simpson's probably didn't want to say "Uraguayan Rugby team", because such a direct reference would be in bad taste. One can argue that this indirect reference could also be in bad taste, but considering it happened in 1972, enough time has passed for an indirect reference as such.

The 1972 Uruguayan Rugby team's plane crash in the Andes Mountains is a popular culture story, with books and movies made about it (most recently the major movie called Alive! chronicled this 1972 incident. The incident is well-known because of accounts of cannibalism of the dead bodies.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green. How apt that you would post in this thread lol.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green. How apt that you would post in this thread lol.

It's people!!!!

edit on 2016-11-30 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Probably a coincidence, but still, Burns saying 'that plane crashed on my property' must mean something.

Remember the Simpsons 911 picture?
Wierd.
Apparently 2 things happened that could have been avoided. 1 the pilot didn't refuel on the way, but decided he could make it all the way. 2 The airport made him circle because there was already an emergency landing coming in from another flight. Seems he just ran out of fuel.

I don't understand why he didn't just follow the other plane down, and to hell with orders.
Sad, but i would chalk this up as an accident & no conspiracy anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join